Projects & WIPs

This is for all projects and work in progress threads. Keep us informed of your latest plans and problems.
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the kind coments and for making me feel so welcome, my plans for the car, ultimatley a DOHC VTEC transplant but thats for another day, i'm not really one for big ostentacious bodykits, i prefer the subtle approach so a set of 18"s (i know i said subtle but they won't fill the arches completely) and some lowering springs and shocks will be the first thing to do as she already has the look of the Type R minus the boot spoiler. then will come the big brake conversion but apart from that i will pretty much leave her looking stock Cheers Guys, progress will be slow but i will endeavor to keep you all updated Fatty
Thinking of getting myself a ford focus 2.0 tdci zetec. Around 05/06. Firstly, is there anything i need to look out for when i'm veiwing (the cars in my price range have around 90-100k on the clock. Secondly, what can i do to mod the car. I want to keep it as my daily drive so i need to keep the drivability and economy. I'm unsure about what suspension mods i can do to it, anyone have any knowledge of this? After i've bought the car i'm going for a remap. Got a good price from Celtic (recommended by Paul) Are there any other engine mods that will give some decent power and torque gains?
spent about 1800 on the mk1 so far, but then that is since late august. next year she'll be getting a respray (not that she needs it) and a 20vT conversion, with some more engine mods. Im budgeting 5.5k next year. but the predicted stats look very nice indeed... Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 350 Weight without Driver (KG) : 968 Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 367.37 0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.21 0 - 100 (Secs) : 9.28 60 - 100 (Secs) : 5.06 Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.46 Terminal Speed (MPH) : 115.91 Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.26 Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 118.07 12.3 Quarter in a mk1 convertible??? yes please! :)
a few people are asking to see the progress on the OAP stylee trampdrifter so figured id oblige! its a 92 Vaux carlton 2.0 (122BHP) GL model at the moment, if it proves reliable enough and doesnt get destroyed first time i take it on the track ill be looking for a 3.0 24V lump to throw in... not really all that much to report as yet as have been far too busy with the other half, but here's what we've got so far..... this is it when i got it (swap for an old dvd headunit!) 105k on the clocks, running sweet as a nut, had leaky diff to be looked at at some pint, nothing major so i thought.... only bits of rust i could find were: both rear arches rusted away underneath door shuts, small bit of rust in spare wheel well bung. thats...
Heya folks, while I'm taking a break during a poor weather streak and awaiting for more parts to arrive. Here's a bit of progress on my daily driver E34. Found on craigslist, I wasn't necessarily looking for a BMW. But I did want a V8 & manual trans.. anything. Found this E34 540i that would crank but not fire. I checked it out, deemed it a neat little car, made a deal and towed it home. It was also riddled with fake ///M badges everywhere I promptly pulled all of those. But kept the M5 door sills, I kinda like those. After going round and round for a month, I finally found that the harmonic damper was installed clocked wrong. Assumingly done when a water pump was changed out. The crank trigger uses the damper for timing, so the...
Hi guy's. As i've come back from the dead and on here once again, I thought i'd also introduce my latest car. Shes a late 93 Version 1 STi (confirmed by my local Subaru Research garage after about 2 months of them checkin the vin plate lol) It's a full Jap import and so far has been tuned to 315bhp/333lb of torque. When I got it back in April it was quite standard other than having black, standard 16" wheels and a 2 piece newage spoiler with the top half being black, facelift bonnet, wings, grill and lights (basically a near full facelift front end conversion par the bumper which is still original) oh and also the 3 ", turbo back, straight through exhaust with 5" HKS back box. Since i've had it i've done:- -TD05...
For those that don't know, the Ibiza Cupra runs the 1.8t from the VAG range, but from factory only has a tiny turbo and conservative map, running only 156bhp. I bought this as a Stage 1 with a fairly aggressive map, exhaust, large air filter and several bypasses done running 185bhp. It's also lowered on H&R Cup Kit, and was on 17" O.Z Superturismos. Pictures from the advert. CIMG3695 by Nick Berger, on Flickr CIMG3683 by Nick Berger, on Flickr CIMG3690 by Nick Berger, on Flickr First thing I did was change the 2 foot long standard aerial for a stubby one from a Citroen. 20101025_001.jpg by Nick Berger, on Flickr I then changed the rear wiper for one from a Mk5 Golf. Filthy cupra by Nick Berger, on Flickr Did the front...
So i posted earlier my new car well I've already made some small adaptations to it i will keep all my pictures and posts in this Thread to show you So I'll keep this simple this mod cost me £9.99 from halfords I'm going to add more tomorrow to the bodywork but as you can see its covered up the hideous Plate marks from the previous owner! Before: After: makes the car look so much nicer and so much less faded with a bit of T cut and a Viper Sticker Will Post tommorow when i add 2 more smaller stripes either side of it
Well folks, I have been threatening to do it and promised myself I wouldn't start this thread until work began. Well work has begun so let's kick things off. I have always loved the looks of both the R33 and the R34 but particularly the front end of the R334. So why not combine the two and make a Wide arch kit at the same time. Now I am going for subtle instead of an aggressive wide arch. Also the body shop company I am using believes in doing things right, so the wider front wings and rear wings will be custom made out of metal, not fiberglass. So here's what she looked like when I dropped her off to the body shop! Start of the rear end strip, remove rear bumper and lights. This is a 16 year old car but not in bad nick for it's...
well i picked this up for £80 yesterday, my initial thought was to break it for parts as the Weber carb on it is worth £120 s/h, or fix it up and sell it... well thats not happening now, i am actually amazed at how solid this car is, and how well the engine pulls. its on 116k miles and drives like a dream. TBH, id probably say it was in better condition on the whole than my old green one was when i got that! So, generally its not as bad as the last owner made out, couple of bits of paintwork damage, few dents here an there, but only a few tiny tiny rust scabs on the rear plinth. It needs new front brakes but that should be enough to put it through an MOT. :) plans with this one are simple so far... lowered, sort...
Ok so i finally picked this baby up, haven't stopped driving it since thursday :) Spec: 225BHP 1.8 turbo BAM Full stainless steel exhaust Ap racing coilovers 18 x 9 bbs ch reps in gold with custom red bbs center caps Misano red pearl Late spec quattro sport grille V6 rear spoiler V6 rear bumper valance Red reverse lights Clear side repeaters Aero wipers Unmarked original Audi heated red leather Upgraded audi factory head unit with Bose speakers Pics: So, first things on the list.... Front bumper and bonnet are going to be repainted due to some lacquer peel from stone chips which i feel is really letting the car down. Once this is done i will have the car fully paint corrected to remove all imperfections and give it...
Lancer 2003 ES ... planning on MAYBE converting it to a Semi Ralliart haha ^^ Current mods: 6000k HIDs Both front and back Strut bars K&N Short Ram intake Race Pedals Blue led Shift Knob Black Tinted Windows Mitsubishi Logo on BG Mags Futur Mods to come: Mazda 3 2010 Blue Paint ( or something like it ) Might also Paint some Dash peices Headers with race catalyst and 2.5-3'' pipeline Racing Car Seats Upgraded Injectors Light weight Flywheel Ceramic Twin clutch 1.8 gear ratio box Brembo Brakes ( Discs, Pads and Caliper ) ( if they fit :blink: ) Turbo etc. In head plan overall: Approx 250-300 hp & torque Range Convert with Turbo since Superchargers aren't made for that car to my concern And maybe...
Hello friends, I am presenting my second Audi TT built. Main idea was to restore Audi TT MK2 body, replace whole default body kit with TT RS body kit. Second part will be tuning. I hope we will start in next two weeks, regarding we are still collecting all parts. So more about tuning will be very soon. Third part should be interior restoration. If you have any comment, please do not hesitate. I hope I will get maximum of support here, and for shore learn something.
Well after a few months searching in Japan I have finally found my new work car. Main thing is that it needs to be a hatchback and ideally a wagon and I wanted something different. I had considered quite a few cars then found a special edition model that suited my purpose but was quick. Unfortunately this meant it was quite rare and took a few months to locate. But after a few months I found one at a well trusted Japanese dealer I have used before . so after a bit of negotiating I am now the owner of.......................... Well it will be here in about 8-10 weeks and hopefully it will be worth the wait as it may well be the first of this model in the UK Will post a few more pics and full spec but just for now a taster
Just want to say hello, as I'm new to this forum! Some info on my Soobie: 06 SADM WRX (2.5) Engine & Driveline: Turbo back exhaust Light weight pulley STI top mount IC TurboXS "Y" hose DW 1000cc injectors Kinugawa td05 18G Open sorce tuned. KartBoy Short Shifter + bushings Group-N tranny mount Perrin After MAF tube Grimmspeed Bost control solenoide Innovate LC-1 wide band Walbro 255 fuel pump Suspension & Steering: Koni adjustable Inserts "White Line" ALK sport "White Line" Steering rack bushings Kartboy endliks JDM S204 "performance dampers" Spec-C Strut tower brace "Turn in Concepts" Fender brace Brakes: SS brake lines EBC front slotd rotors EBC YellowStuff front pads EBC RedStuff...
Hey guys, This my project car that i have been working on for the last two years. Started out as a 1.4L which somehow didn't like me much so after that blew i sourced a 2.0L 8 valve from a 98 model opel 200is kadett. All was running well until i got bitten by the boost bug again and was offered a m62 eaton off of a merc c230 kompressor and some 6 months later the hooligan was born. I'm running at 9 psi boost unmapped with the 1.4L gearbox which gives most high end cars a run (power to weight ratio) till we run at distance and they go past on account of my short ratios.
RECENTLY BOUGHT THIS NOVA AS A STANDARD BORING OLD 1.2 , I HAVE ALREADY STARTED WORK ON IT THOU.... I HAVE LOWERED IT BY 100MM, NICE SET OF BLACK 14 INCH RIMS, NEW UPRATED FRONT BRAKES, , NEW ANTI ROLL BAR FRM A GSI, FULL BODY RESRAY, FRONT GRILL, FRONT BUMPER FRM A NOVA SR, BACK BUMPER FRM AN SRI LOL( I LIKE TO BE DIFFRENT) IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS I AM PUTTIN A 1.6 GSI ENGINE IN IT AND STRIPPING IT OUT AND FITTING A BUCKET SEAT... TELL ME WHAT U THINK NOVAS AINT EVERYS CUP OF TEA BUT IVE ALWAYS LIKED THEM ALREDI PUT QUITE ALOT OF WORK INTO THIS BUT PLENTLY MORE TO COME.... I WILL POST MORE PICS UP WEN THE NEW GSI LUMP IS IN! :mrgreen::cool::mrgreen::cool:
Well, i first saw this car way back in March, but didnt have the rather OTT money that was being asked for it (£3750). Fast forward to last month and i saw the car back up for sale at £2800.... Had an impulse moment and offered him my Corrado VR6 for it in a straight swap. Few emails and pictures etc exchanged, and a deal was arranged. When i first arrived to pick her up, she had no sideskirts on, the front arches were in white primer,and she had half an Audi S3 black leather an blue alcantara interior bodged in there. YUCK! I popped the bonnet and was immediately very disappointed in the general state of the engine bay. Surface rust everywhere, flaky paint on just about everything in there, wrong radiator fitted, lots...
ok so this is me.... this is an old pic as where u see the badge, someone decided to kick it in so its now got some mesh in there The engine 1.6 16v with simota kit The rear end The front at night hopefully when the wheels are sorted n its lowered i can colour code the engine tubes/pipes then not sure....?
Ive been asked to start a thread about my Cosworth engine. Im aware this is not a Ford site & that it may be a big turn off to many. Best start with the engine that will be replaced. It was Dynoed on the Norris Designs Dyno in December 2008 the aim was to produce a genuine 800bhp road engine. Big Power is easy just Big everything & a 1000bhp is available but one look at the curve of such engines show no Power below 6k & completely un drivable on the road. Great drag engine though. To this aim ports were kept at 600bhp levels & the exhaust cam also kept mild. To get the geometry right for high revs the rods are 8mm longer & the pin moved in the new short skirt pistons. We upped CR from 7.2 : 1 to a completely un heard of 8.5:1...
I figured I'll make an official thread about this since I'll probably be taking massive amounts of photos of it anyways. Some of you will recall I mentioned in my introductory thread, that I mentioned having a 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 with bent valves that I had planned to rebuild. The problem turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor and timing belt tensioner, which in turn bent the valves. Whether I kept the car was in jeopardy as I got a 2004 Saturn Ion coupe to drive around in. After a while, I decided the car was too sentimental to part with and that I'd rebuild it. I just ordered a set of LQ1 heads (off a 1992 Lumina Z34) from Matt (GOT2B GM of w-body.com). This is the first purchase towards getting the car...
Ok so the mk2 is coming off the road for a 20vT conversion and ground up rebuild and spray, so i needed a cool VW in my life as a daily driver. got let down on my first choice when guy changed his mind and sold it to someone else :( so figured id never get a Corrado anywhere near my kinda budget (ie what i had left in the bank from last month) but then i found this one: Got it VERY cheap due to some minor cosmetic things that can be sorted in a day :) 1.8 16v (the better of the 16v engines!) 130k on clocks, 11 months mot, 6months tax, service history, and engine pulls hard as it should (not a rocket ship by any stretch of imagination though!) 17's, coilies, G60 brake conversion with braided hoses, full stainless...
I just realized I had mentioned this little truck in my Corvair post, but not really posted anything else about it. Here is how it was 4 years ago when I finally convinced the owner it was not getting any better as a lawn ornament. He said the original engine needed a timing chain and he couldn't find one, so he stored it in boxes and put a Suzuki engine in. While doing to he cut up the frame so badly that it couldn't stand on 4 wheels. It turned out that the original 998cc engine was totally rusted and missing a rod. I ordered a bunch of parts from the UK and an engine from Chile. After more than a year of waiting for the engine, I ended up buying another one, this time a used front end from Japan. I've detailed everything on my...
Well i now have bought myself a bargin! I have a Xsara 2.0 Vts! for £650 Already go stuck in to it Free K&N From A Friend Stripped evrything out bar dash so it can be flocked/ painted red and black colour scheme, also i know the colour is horrible so i will be doing some prep work smoothing it all down and priming it then getting it done this is a project with a friend so the costs will split, however i will still be the owner/ driver
Picked the Peugeot 306 meridian 1.4 up last Wednsday for £200 im thinking that could be a bargain. The seller said it needed a new gasket and some body work as Nitro-mors had been thrown on it! Surprisingly enough it driven home fine (50 miles) with just a few rough starts. The car got checked over and it needed a new coil pack all in all £100 fitted so not bad for a £200 car :D. The roof and bonnet has been thourely sanded and the bonnet has been treated for the rust with a product called Rust Remedy, does a great job was expecting it to not be brilliant for its price :bigsmile:. Also put a terribly rough spray of primer on the bonnet. Got some black carbon fibre coming hopefully tomorrow (Friday) which i will be covering...
My brother and i have been building our 206 trackcar which runs a cossie engine and 4x4 box and running gear We originally where restoring a 1996 nissan primera btcc car which was built by janspeed but money and the fact that parts are either to dear or like hens teeth to find made us sell it with a few tears in our eyes,but with the car on the trailer and off to its new home we took our cash and headed to ebay and then to bolton the next day to buy a sierra 4x4 cosworth which was an ex hillclimb car. We got the car up the road and we were pleased with our purchase but being us 2 and never content we wanted something else hee hee. A few phone calls to our mate and a few quid later we had pugworth which started out as a 206 1.2...
hello people, after many requests im putting up my 1998 facelift honda accord:P it has xenon headlights 6000K. custom Clarion NX501 radio/dvd/navigation. custom rear compo speakers Mohawk MP 6.2 250watts max/125watts RMS doorhandles, mirrorcasings, sidebumper and sideskirts in matching color with the rest of the car. and a cleaned rear hatch next up is replacing the frontspeakers, and prolly some new wheels. but that will be some other time.
ok people this is my first ground up build i have a 91 ford econovan/mazda b2000 got off a mate it has petol and gas fitted, engine is a 2.0L carby fed FE that will become a force fet FE/T with a little toyota ct9, i already had this and being off a 1.8L it should boost eary for towing power and i'll keep it set around 5-7lb of boost i have left the block bolted in the van i'm too lazy to pull it out plus i'm covered when it rains, i have removed the pistons so she's ready for a hone all rings and bearings will remain standard my questions are, would standard rings and head gasket be ok with 5-7 pound boost, the boost controller will be mounted in the cab and plumbed to the factory internal wastegate so i have full control. i have...
Here's the spec list:- here is the spec about my supra toyota supra 3.0 non turbo manual import 650 clifford alarm and immobiliser full leather interoior racing streering wheel front bumex bumper veilside side skirts veilside rear sparts veilside rear spoiler digital fast & furious graphics on either side man with sword on the bonnet with logos on the rear window a twin turbo engine digital graphic all of these were done professionally 12 years protection and removable the car has been lowered 40mm 18inch deepdash rs5 alloys the size of the alloys are 9.0j on rear and 8.5j on the front 275/40/18 tyres on the rear ferral and 245/40/18 on front with goodyear backbox stainless steel exhaust 5inch tail- pipe with...
Here is my completely standard car with couple of rust patches here and there, was not expenive and initially was meant to be my runabout but because of different issues car is going to stay with me longer so I decided to do some work on it Here are my plans as in 'say hello section' -deep dish wheels -clear front indicators (instead of orange ones) -removing rust patches :smile: -facelift bonnet with 'avantgarde' grill -facelift taillights Next -lowering the car 40mm r/f (not sure whether invest a bit more and buy suspension kit or just springs but we will see) And complete respray in dark black with possible white roof (car is in blue-black at the moment) maybe: changing interior for black one (silver currently) and some...
Hi guy's. In amongst my travels I've spotted a couple of scoobies with the touring car graphics on them. Now as I already have a few bits on my car from Cusco, I wanted to apply the graphics on my car. They have cost me £90 for the full set of graphics (23 in total). So i have had a play in my graphics program to see what my car will look like with them on. Now bear in mind i've only added the main part of the stickers and not the sponsors. But what do you guys reckon? (it is a pic of my car by the way ;) ) Oh and i've added a red rim on the alloyes ;)
A few more mods .............well havnt touched the car for 3 weeks :sad2: Its now got a different front - finally got hold of the nismo grille to go with the body kit . and a larger bore rear box I could only get a 5 inch :bigsmile: Rewired the F con - The 4wd now working properly . Changed the air/fuel map a bit as the high boost is down slightly now at 1.5 bar . Power is just over 500bhp with 440 ft lbs of torque . That is at the hubs Max Tourque now come in at around 4500 rpm and does not really tail off till over 6000 rpm Inerior is slightly different now but will post some pics once I ve taken them.
Finally finished my (first) project car! Got a full years MOT on Friday after some work on the brakes. List of Mods; Painted wheels black Painted calipers red (MightyMods style +25kW) 325/8i exhaust upgrade RamAir filter e36 Cabrio X Brace Vented Discs An abundance of stickers :) Got insurance lined up for it aswell (not easy for a 20 y/o guy!) Thanks for looking :)
Ok where to start?! ha the car about 5ish years. Ran it as a daily for 5 or so. Then things went mental lol So here she is Stock bar a magnex exhaust. So ran her like this for quite a while then the lust for MORE POWER kicked in, but that wassnt enough.....i decided to go...well.. mad lol Its a Mk1 Clio 16v With a lightly fettled 2.0 F7RA700 Williams engine producing circa 180bhp dependant on dyno... Here is a brief spec of the car as it stands now. Hybrid Spec Engine F7R 700 2.0-litre 16-valve Kent RN2002 260 cams Timed in By the ClioLord Mapped by TBC! Omex 600 V0.70D Chadil Inlet Manifold jenvey throttle bodies megane Injectors Piper Vernier pulleys Mocal 13 row Oil Cooler Mocal Thermostatic sandwich plate...
Ok guys, here is my beautiful 3 stud Saxo progress thread. Got her in September for £700 with 12 months MOT, 6 months tax and 3 months warrenty. I did stickerbomb the fuel filler cap, the glovebox (I still have both) and my wing mirrors but I took them off cause they looked poor after about 3 days in the rain. Thats how she stayed until 2 weeks ago when I finally managed to spend a little bit of money on her. She was off the road for 2 weeks due to the ECU locking me out so its good to finally be able to drive her again. I managed to pick up some 3 stud alloys with Toyo Proxis for £50 on eBay, which I thought was a bargin and I think they suit the car. I have now also painted all badges and the chevrons black, got a new Sax-P...
About two years into the project thus far. (Cannot upload pix or link here yet, am very new, but many thanks @obi_waynne , for the invite to post this.) Negative ion generators are lately quite common in air conditioners, air cleaners, and other devices; these charge millions of air molecules negatively, and the results are helpful in a few ways. The most proven ways are "clumping" of dust particles for filtration efficiency and destruction of many aromatic esters (a.k.a. unpleasant smells), but many people have been more or less unscientifically claiming health benefits, due to the "invigoration" one feels of negatively charged air after a thunderstorm. Anyway, I used these things to destinkify an unpleasant basement for a few...
Hey guys, here's a little pictorial of my most recent project. A T-bucket with a supercharged BMW V8. Speedway motors '23 standard fiberglass body and a repro '32 Ford grill: Speedway motors bare T frame: Mid 70's Jaguar independent rear end: Rear wheels, American Racing VN502 15" x 10" with M&H 30" x 14.5" (12" tread) cheater slicks with tubes. Front axle, Spindles, GM disc brakes, split wishbone radius arms, 15"x5" wheels with Firestone F560 165/80 tires: Next post, Engine build:
So your all expecting a Land rover or similar....... WRONG! I've only gone and defected to the dark side and bought meself a bike! Old Skool Yamaha DT125R :) Picked it up for a steal and cheap as chips to run, but also doubles up as an awesome off road toy for the weekends. I only live 20mins from a site with a mx track and enduro area, so would be rude not to use it, even if the road spec suspension is a bit soggy on the jumps! Has a DEP expansion pipe and Big One silencer Larger Carb Jets Carbon reeds Renthal 22mm twinwall bars and pad Black levers pro-grip bar grips LED indicators (soon to be replaced with something more subtle) Plans: RIDE IT!!!!!! gonna leave it pretty much as it is, just add a graphics...
The really nice chaps at Talon Sportscars are building me my new toy. It's called a Talon 100R. It's basically a Rover 100 with knobs on, lots of knobs :blink: So heres the specification. Re-Welded Floor Pans and Sills Fully Welded 6-Point Roll-Cage with Door Bars and Diagonal 143BHP 1.8 VVC Engine with PG1 Gearbox (Type C Gearset) Quaife Torque Biasing Limited Slip Differential Fibreglass Bonnet Perspex Windows Side & rear New Clutch and Release Bearing 2 Core High Capacity Radiator Front and Rear Anti-Rollbars GTi Vented Front Discs and Calipers 14" Alloy Wheels with Toyo Proxes T1R Tyres A set of GTI rims for track days Individualised and modified hydragas units New Custom Designed side exit Exhaust Fibreglass Rear...
PART 1 Thought I would share the basket case I got :blink:. Its a 1999 Jaguar XKR in a bit of a sorry state, does not look too bad in this first picture, was already modified to a certain degree They never look too bad in pics, this one had a bad paint job, a blown engine and the worst interior combo I could ever want, even the engine bay was a mess :(, but quite low mileage @ 50K The first thing I did was pull the engine, I then stripped it down to every last nut ‘n bolt, this is what I found, I actually had 3 pistons like these :sad2: Luckily the bores were saved by there nikasil coating, a testament to how strong that stuff is when you consider the state of the pistons! I rebuilt the engine stroking...
Hey, this is what im planning to do to my factory standard 1997 Nissan Bluebird. i bought this after i crashed my mazda mx3 which was the beginning of a project. so i decided to modify this instead as around here there isnt any properly modified Bluebirds in New Zealand. (mostly boyracers just putting fat exhausts and lowering springs.) ok so its had abit of rust form under the wing mirrors in the past and the previous owners have removed it properly, but then resprayed the area in a different colour green. (dark green is factory colour, light green is aftermarket rust coverer) i had a racing exhaust on my mazda which i took off when i crashed and have put onto the car already. my plans for the future are as follows. -i plan to...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back