My Ride in progress

Hi all just thought i'd let you know I've posted a few pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/32177776@N07/ Cause when I tried on here all my pics was too big so this way was easier. Anyway let me know what you think and bear in mind it is a work in progress.... I'll add more pics when I take them.

nice car, but you're so much after music, where's the performance?

Mate the performance is on the way. At the minute it's a daily driver. It's got the basics. De-cat pipe Induction Rear box etc. The exhaust is now a straight through with the only box on the system is the stainless rear. I plan to do the engine next year. I think i'm gonna get a set of cams, a good ecu, a 4 branch manifold and i'm gonna change the induction to a forced cold air unit. The plans are there it's just the money.....

Nice care mate...loads of potential. Have you got any styling plans?

Yes I've cut up a mondeo diesel front bumper and i've attached it to mine. It's only a test fit at the min though. I use the car everyday and can't sfford it to be off the road. So as soon as I can i'll fibreglass it. But like I say it's on but only as a test fit it does need adjustment cause it scraps everywhere. lol. I'll post some pics of it soon. Maybe today sometime.

Just an update i've added a couple of pics of the front bumper. Please bear in mind though that it is on as a test fit only. It's roughly in place and wants only minor adjustments. It will when i get rounf to finishing be fully smoothed in to the original bumper. And I have something else to go on the bottom that looks like a dtm diffuser. Thats not on yet though.

looks awfully low at the sides, take it thats where its scraping

Yes mate. It's not that bad as long as I take care when driving. If I boot it then have to brake hard it scrapes lol I may raise it an inch on either side or just put some screws where it scrapes and have a mobile fireworks display :bigsmile:

no offense mate, i don't like these new school kids that work only on stereo systems on their cars, and not on performance, a car without performance, it's not a car.

problem is charger i dont know whats its like over in macedonia but over here you need insurance.
if your young or a high risk the insurance can cost more than the car.
for example when i was 19 i had a 1.4 civic was quoted £5500 from one insurance company for a year, i only paid £5000 for the car

no offense mate, i don't like these new school kids that work only on stereo systems on their cars, and not on performance, a car without performance, it's not a car.

Like I've already mentioned mate it has the performance. And yes it is a sr20 de 2 litre 16valve so it was a quick car as standard. An like I've already mentioned It's got the basics in improving performance the best bits will be next year.

problem is charger i dont know whats its like over in macedonia but over here you need insurance.
if your young or a high risk the insurance can cost more than the car.
for example when i was 19 i had a 1.4 civic was quoted £5500 from one insurance company for a year, i only paid £5000 for the car

yea mate, heard on top gear for that problem in UK, like the story of a young guy who had a daihatsu charade, no idea which episode of top gear it was.
about here in macedonia, here's different, here the insurance is not that expensive, but cars are. like the insurance here goes by the engine size, for a 2.0l engine you pay 250 euros per year insurance. but a primera like this one, it might cost 6000 euros.

250 euros is around £180 thats very low over here chist ma father in law runs around in a 1.2 corsa only covered for 5000miles (8000kms) a year and pays around the £200 mark.
yeah insurance is a pain, its good if you can build up no claims bonuses.
a primera in that sorta condition over here would cost around £1000 - 1500 possible cheaper depending on mileage.

that sucks pgarner, the car insurance policy in your country sucks, no offense, maybe u should put our kinda policy. oh, by the way, on that insurance is included discount if u haven't done any trouble while driving, my dad had 20% discount for his car last year, because he haven't done any accident. but i gotta mention that he drives the car like a truck, maybe because of his job, dunno, he never drives more that 120 km/h.

that sucks pgarner, the car insurance policy in your country sucks, no offense, maybe u should put our kinda policy. oh, by the way, on that insurance is included discount if u haven't done any trouble while driving, my dad had 20% discount for his car last year, because he haven't done any accident. but i gotta mention that he drives the car like a truck, maybe because of his job, dunno, he never drives more that 120 km/h.

Yes we get similar it's called no claims bonus. It builds up year after year of claim free driving.

like it alot, cant wait to see it finished

Cheers mate. I'm hoping to have finished or nearly finished mid next year. That gives me a good 7 months to have a crack at it. An I should be getting my new car soon so the primera can come off the road for abit. I'm thinkin of getting a branched manifold next week sometime so hopefully it'll be fitted for next weekend. I might even change the airfilter to a twin one.

looking good mate, just to let you know that with your vibe speakers, be carefull that it is not in the sun because mine were slightly (with grill cover on) and the flexible rubber around speaker cone that lets the speaker vibrate dried up and now it has lots of cracking all over it!!

looking good mate, just to let you know that with your vibe speakers, be carefull that it is not in the sun because mine were slightly (with grill cover on) and the flexible rubber around speaker cone that lets the speaker vibrate dried up and now it has lots of cracking all over it!!

It may well have been the sun but it may also be that I've punished them lol. But I have to say that I'm very dissapointed in them. I will be replacing them soon as the sound quality is poor in my opinion. An I don't think their that loud either.

lol, yea, i brought mine over the internet and expected them to be amazing, but there just like any other cheapy ones! i take it you had an amp with it, mine was fitted with an amp, i had good clear sounds when loud but was not as basey (dont know if that is a word but hey) as i was told!

lol, yea, i brought mine over the internet and expected them to be amazing, but there just like any other cheapy ones! i take it you had an amp with it, mine was fitted with an amp, i had good clear sounds when loud but was not as basey (dont know if that is a word but hey) as i was told!

Yeah they're on an amp. But I really don't rate them at all. I think I've just punished them too much. But when they was new I was dissapointed cause they just didn't sound like all the reviews said they did. I'm going for some infinity next I think. I abuse them too....:D:D

Along with a few conversions, I've done some very nice I.C.E. install for myself and a fair few for my mates. Any advice needed, please dont hesitate to ask ;)

Just gone through this thread and boy oh boy do you have a bit of potential there hehe. 2.0ltr already? then you know what i'm gonna say next. Get a cheap Evo 1 , 2 or 3 engine and drop that it. Buy a set of Red Dot drilled and grooved brakes (very cheap as I discovered yesterday and are a good make), slam the suspension on some 40-60mm lowering springs and a set of 17's or 18" wheels will do nicely and you could do it all for less than £3K. Could turn into a very affordable project mate ;)

A mitsi Evo? I'd have to cut my car up to convert it to 4 wheel drive? If I blow this engine then maybe I'll put a Sunny Gti-r engine in. But at the min I'm happy to just up the power of this 1 for now. I am planning on lowering it next year but my front bumper scrapes the floor now so I need to adjust that before lowering. And I am also lookin at getting some 18's on next year too.

I know what your saying on the 4x4 conversion aswell mate but I have worked with a very similar situation. The reason I say the Evo 1, 2 or is because they are a nice, comfortable power to cospe with. The Evo 1 is 250bhp, Evo 2 is 260bhp and the 3 is 270bhp and the Tommi Makinen edition is only 290bhp :) . Before I got rid of my Vectra I had that running 265bhp with no problems what so ever and I left as 2 wheel drive. Also, either car that the Red Top Turbo came from (Calibra or Cavalier/Vectra A) were both 4x4. So you see, you can go so far for very little £££'s and still be able to have your car cope with the extra power.

To give you an idea of how cheap you could make this project, I have done a little bit of research for you ;)

Click here to see how cheap the engines are!!

I also found that a set of uprated brakes will cost you £180 incuding drilled and grooved disks and uprated pads.

Set of 40-60mm lowering springs from Eibach will cost you £180 for the set (standard shocks have been comfirmed they will handle a lowering of no more than 60mm which if fine aslong as you replace with a new set when changing the springs)

Then it's up to you how much you wanna spend of exhaust, filter, dump valve, intercooler, and wheels etc. But if you spend correctly, you could do the whole thing for about £1600-1700 ;)

I know what your saying on the 4x4 conversion aswell mate but I have worked with a very similar situation. The reason I say the Evo 1, 2 or is because they are a nice, comfortable power to cospe with. The Evo 1 is 250bhp, Evo 2 is 260bhp and the 3 is 270bhp and the Tommi Makinen edition is only 290bhp :) . Before I got rid of my Vectra I had that running 265bhp with no problems what so ever and I left as 2 wheel drive. Also, either car that the Red Top Turbo came from (Calibra or Cavalier/Vectra A) were both 4x4. So you see, you can go so far for very little £££'s and still be able to have your car cope with the extra power.

To give you an idea of how cheap you could make this project, I have done a little bit of research for you ;)

Click here to see how cheap the engines are!!

I also found that a set of uprated brakes will cost you £180 incuding drilled and grooved disks and uprated pads.

Set of 40-60mm lowering springs from Eibach will cost you £180 for the set (standard shocks have been comfirmed they will handle a lowering of no more than 60mm which if fine aslong as you replace with a new set when changing the springs)

Then it's up to you how much you wanna spend of exhaust, filter, dump valve, intercooler, and wheels etc. But if you spend correctly, you could do the whole thing for about £1600-1700 ;)

Mate I totally understand what your saying but the Evo is still 4 wheel drive and it would require alot of cuttin and fabricating to accomadate 4 wheel drive. A standard Nissan Sunny Gti-r is 220 Bhp. Plus this engine fits straight into my car with my gearbox needing only drilling. Plus I'd need a wiring loom an all other ancillaries for the Evo engine.

Yeh I see your point. If you are perfectly happy with 22bhp with the availability of goin a bit furhter with then thats cool. I mated the 2.0 turbo to my original box with no problem so that wouldn't be an issue. But if only 250 bhp was used (Evo 1 engine) you would have the starting block of continous project that you could improve on constantly. 4x4 isn't needed to start with.

But yeh, I like the idea of the Sunny engine, just for ease more than anything else as i'm all for keeping a budget.

Like I say though I'm not ready for changing unless this blows up. I may just take this engine to around 180 Bhp then sell it next year. I really want a 620ti. But I keep putting money into the primera I'm reluctant to sell it now. I've got to make up my mind though.....

Keep the Nissan mate. Will last you alot longer than the Rover. Plus the Nissan will hold the road alot safer than the Rover Barge lol.

Keep the Nissan mate. Will last you alot longer than the Rover. Plus the Nissan will hold the road alot safer than the Rover Barge lol.

We'll see next year mate anyway. If I saw 1 for bout £500 i'd prob buy it cause it's the cheapest turbo motor around. And 200 Bhp standard ain't bad either. I could sort the handling myself and a few other bits :D