Progress of yet another beast!!!

Hi guy's.

As i've come back from the dead and on here once again, I thought i'd also introduce my latest car.

Shes a late 93 Version 1 STi (confirmed by my local Subaru Research garage after about 2 months of them checkin the vin plate lol) It's a full Jap import and so far has been tuned to 315bhp/333lb of torque.

When I got it back in April it was quite standard other than having black, standard 16" wheels and a 2 piece newage spoiler with the top half being black, facelift bonnet, wings, grill and lights (basically a near full facelift front end conversion par the bumper which is still original) oh and also the 3 ", turbo back, straight through exhaust with 5" HKS back box.

Since i've had it i've done:-

-TD05 turbo
-Blitz Blow Off valve
-HKS Mushroom Airfilter
-Custom Made Intake
-Almost complete re-design of the whole looks of the car done entirely by myself with beleive it or not, p**s cans lmao! (will show you in pic's below)
-17", 2003 bugeye STi wheels which I refurbed and painted myself, again with p**s cans lol!
-2 thirds of the silicones have now been done
-Official STi front upper stut brace
-Cusco lower, front "H" frame stut brace
-Upper, Rear strut brace
-Oil Catch tank
-Boost Gauge
-Custom made P1 front splitter made for the pre-facelift bumper
-and last but not least, Uprated Wilwood pads and painted calipers to match my colour scheme.

Now, I wont bore you anymore with more typing lol, so i'll let the pics tell the rest of the story ;)

This is what she looked like when I got her back in April :-
scoob01.jpg

scoob1.jpg

scoob2.jpg

But then the unfortunate happened and has someone reverse into it and did a drive off, in my local Sainsbury's carpark :( So when I finally sourced replacement parts, I had to give the bonnet a bit of touch up due to it being stored under a rose bush for 6 months and got seriously scratched.

This encouraged me to do the following. Again pic's will tell the story ;)

Old bonnet:-

2-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

Then the transfor mation. First, the car I got sourced the bits from:-

newbits.jpg

Last edited:
Then the prep work and redesign started:-

3-3.jpg

4-4.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

overalllook1.jpg

Then i seperated the colours with a bit of pin striping:-

pinstripe3.jpg

Then the wheels:-

wheels.jpg

wheels2.jpg

Last edited:
wheels5.jpg

wheels3.jpg

I unfortunatly had to change the tires due to them being to big to fit my car. But I found a set of Toyo Proxes at a steal, and with low profile, it worked out great.

Then I started with the tuning. I dont have any pics of when it looked pretty much standard under the hood but i'm sure you all know what they do look like lol. But this is how it looks now:-

enginebling4.jpg

enginebling3.jpg

Brakes when I finished them, this shot you can also see the new low profiles on the tires ;) :-

brakes1.jpg

Few other bits were added here and there such as 2008 (Hatchback shape) badges as the old style pink one didn't look right lol, also a couple of mods inside but nothing major. And this is how she looks over all now :) :-

liquidglass2.jpg

liquidglass3.jpg

Last edited:
liquidglass4.jpg

liquidglass5.jpg

newbadges2.jpg

Latest mod for this week includes Lowering springs from TIEN, uprated fuel filter and new bigger piping for the blow of valve pipes as the car had a little trouble holding revs for the first 3 seconds when starting up from cold, all of which is being done as we speak.

I have also had my set of Black Crystal Headlights and Sidelights delivered which will be fitted tonight when i get the car back.

Quick shot of them :-

newlights1.jpg

What do you think then peeps?

Last edited:
Funnily enough I got board again as the Veccy wasn't quick enough. So I listed it on Piston Heads, next thing I know I've got a chappy on the south coast that wants to do a SWAP!!! :eek:

So, as I never ever really had a passion for Jap Performance, I only did the swap to make a bit of cash to do another project I had in mind. Next thing, I drive 200 miles to go and get it, drove off the chaps drive way, got about a mile down the duel carrage way, floored in second, filled my boxers, fell in love and never looked back :) Then it was a nice 200 miles trip back in the new beast which was funny.

stunning mate you have skills with piss cans lol but i would have kept the black going all the way up the body and back but thats effort lol

Funnily enough I went through about 15 different ideas before I decided what I wanted. The overall effect I was aiming for was obviously to make it "me", but I wanted to incorporate something about my name into the car, so, thats where my badger-stripes idea came from. I made the stripes straight instead of jagged to make it flow better as distict, jagged badger-stripes wouldn't look right I thought.

I did think about making the stripe follow over the roof and meet up with the spoiler then I noticed something about the car, If you look at this pic:-

liquidglass2.jpg

You can see that I have the windows blacked out aswell, and thats where the "flow" comes from. The stripe starts on the front, goes up the bonnet and meets the wind-screen. then if you follow the blackness of the windows, the stripe then meets up with the spoiler perfectly. I think i'd be temtped to bring the stripe down the back if I was to get a Carbon Fiber boot lid but until then, it's stayin as it is :)

Neh mate. I managed to do the masking off pretty spot on. But as the tyres were changed it didn't really make much difference.

It can be a bit tricky but mostly depends on the width of the tyres already on the wheels. Aslong as there is a nice lip you can mask under and allow the paint to cover the whole lip/rim then you haven't got a problem ;) Just remeber to let the paint totally dry as pulling the tape off on the wired angle of the rim too soon can peel the paint off aswell. Just make sure you sand down and use the primer correctl;y and it will make life a hell of alot easier ;)

It can be a bit tricky but mostly depends on the width of the tyres already on the wheels. Aslong as there is a nice lip you can mask under and allow the paint to cover the whole lip/rim then you haven't got a problem ;) Just remeber to let the paint totally dry as pulling the tape off on the wired angle of the rim too soon can peel the paint off aswell. Just make sure you sand down and use the primer correctl;y and it will make life a hell of alot easier ;)

Nice 1 for the tips mate might have to have a go over christmas. I've still got the old steelies so I can take my time an do a good job....:D

Well funnily enough Waynne I thought about what I could do with the back, apart from bringing the black down any further. I thought about maybe splitting the black spoiler with a bit of the original silver in the middle. But not sure how good it would look in real life.

This is the thing with me when it comes to gettin cash together. I always do my research before diving in on buying things. That way I can always do what I want for the least amount of money. The cost of spraying the black and doing the pinstriping cost me a massive total of £18 lol. I didn't buy the car as someone wanted to swap for my Vauxhall Vectra, which to this date I still can't quite get my head round lol.

It's just how I do thing when it comes to modding. I'd rather do it myself and if I can I find the cheapest way to do it but when I do it, I do it right so everything always turns out just as good as if i'd payed someone a small fortune to do it for me. I've had so many of my mates saying "why dont you open a moddin garage".

Couple more updates. I've decided that the entire bonnet is going to be carbon and have also been looking into the boot lids in cabon aswell. The bonnet will be finished by Tuesday so will get a couple of piccies up then. Since I got heavily into the idea of possibly doing an engine conversion from the 2.0 to the 2.5 engin. I have discovered that its a waste of time and money as I may aswell spend the money on this engine and basically make it faster as the 2.0 engine is actually the strongest out the range. So instead i've started looking at changing the characteristics of how the power is delivered and have been looking at the 6 speed gearboxes for a much closer/faster ratio. Plus it might be nice to have the extra 6th gear especially for fuel economy on a journey.

Nope, not quite all of em. The very early ones (Vesrions 1, 2, and 3 iirc) all had the standard colour. I certainly know the Version 1 and 2 did anyway lol. But there really is no difference in them hence me not swapping it over. The only way i'd swap for a red inlet is when I have the front mounted intercooler done and then i'll get the reversed inlet one which allows the pipework to be shorter and easier to fit in as the pipes will come straight out towards the front of the car rather than the back like mine.

Nope, not quite all of em. The very early ones (Vesrions 1, 2, and 3 iirc) all had the standard colour. I certainly know the Version 1 and 2 did anyway lol. But there really is no difference in them hence me not swapping it over. The only way i'd swap for a red inlet is when I have the front mounted intercooler done and then i'll get the reversed inlet one which allows the pipework to be shorter and easier to fit in as the pipes will come straight out towards the front of the car rather than the back like mine.
well i learn something new every day.. great progress..

the front end looks awesome mate, gives it a bit of an r34 look in my opinion, but very nice indeed. will be keeping an eye on this for some inspiration to my own.

bloody hell, its hard work trying to keep pace with this forum, pity you got rid of it fella but good luck with whatever you do with the new vectra.

Vectra is gone now chaps. Working on a Courtnay 3.0 Converted Calibra now. Hell of alot more fun that the scoobs beielve it or not lol.