Saxo Progress Thread

Ok guys, here is my beautiful 3 stud Saxo progress thread.

Got her in September for £700 with 12 months MOT, 6 months tax and 3 months warrenty.

I did stickerbomb the fuel filler cap, the glovebox (I still have both) and my wing mirrors but I took them off cause they looked poor after about 3 days in the rain.

Thats how she stayed until 2 weeks ago when I finally managed to spend a little bit of money on her. She was off the road for 2 weeks due to the ECU locking me out so its good to finally be able to drive her again.
I managed to pick up some 3 stud alloys with Toyo Proxis for £50 on eBay, which I thought was a bargin and I think they suit the car.

I have now also painted all badges and the chevrons black, got a new Sax-P sticker so I only have one on the back, fitted angel eyes (which took me about 4 hours to do each side), dice dust caps, bonnet raisers and a bee-sting ariel.

16022011014.jpg

16022011016.jpg

16022011018.jpg

16022011017.jpg

16022011023.jpg

16022011020.jpg

16022011024.jpg

I took these pictures about 30 seconds after I had washed her so she was still drying.

13022011011.jpg

A friend of mine has now given me a huge backbox. I wasn't going to fit it cause it is far too big but I had a look and I kinda like how it looked :confused: So this is where you all have to tell me where to go if I fit it ;)

09022011006.jpg

09022011005.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, haven't got a camera so using my rather poor phone.

My plans are now:
Backbox fitted (maybe a new smaller one around 2")
Lowered about 40mm
Bumpers and bumper strips sprayed gloss black
Alloys sprayed black
Pressed plates
VTR seats
Mk2 rear lights (maybe?)

Thats about it really, any opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

if anyone else on here has a Saxo let me know, want to see other peoples examples. These are very simple cars to work on and I only ever work on my own cars, so if anyone needs a hand let me know.

Reactions: Loz
Looking good there Choones your petrol cap looks intersting too! :D

If the back box is stainless steel you could possibly take it to someone like Powerflow or Longlife & see if they can help you make up a catback system. shouldn't cost a lot seeing as your supplying one of the silencers, assuming you want two silencers on your car you may just want the one! :bigsmile:

I love my filler cap :D Have it on my glovebox too, I'll find a picture when I get the chance.

I was considering getting a full system, would it be cheaper then buying a complete system for supersprint for example?

I love my filler cap :D Have it on my glovebox too, I'll find a picture when I get the chance.

I was considering getting a full system, would it be cheaper then buying a complete system for supersprint for example?

It could well be, it was £250 for a catback powerflow system on my MG so I would expect a Saxo one to be cheaper. The luxury you have is the huge choice available for you car, I think I've heard MA mention OMP inox exhausts for 106 & Saxo's in the past as well so it's just a case of shopping around & see whats available. :D

It could well be, it was £250 for a catback powerflow system on my MG so I would expect a Saxo one to be cheaper. The luxury you have is the huge choice available for you car, I think I've heard MA mention OMP inox exhausts for 106 & Saxo's in the past as well so it's just a case of shopping around & see whats available. :D

I've had a look around and there are a few places in Basingstoke that do it for around £200 so might take her up there, just have to see what money allows. Hopefully will have it done before The Fast Show at the end of March.

Hey anyone know a good place to get exhaust work done in Suffolk? The muffler broke off of my 98' vtr, I hit a bump and it just came off and was hanging by the hooks. I guess it had already been so rusty that it just separated from the pipe when I hit the bump.

Would be pointless getting it fixed, especially if its as rusty as you say. Go on eBay or a Saxo owners forum and buy a brand new one. That way you can either go standard or you can upgrade to a sports system.

Well I'm not sure whats involved in installing a whole new system, so that's why I was asking about muffler shops. Do I need to do any welding for that? Or is it all nuts and bolts?

Custom systems are usually cheaper than an off the shelf performance system. and you get a life time guarntee, so whats to loose?

If its an off the shelf system, then yes, bolt off, bolt on job. Can be done in your driveway if you have the space. Jarrus is right, you could get a custom system, they will make it to your spec, for some cars this is 10x cheaper than getting an aftermarket one, but this isnt really the case with a Saxo mate.

@ Sobe, Well a Saxo VTR is a nice car and would benefit from a proper custom exhaust installation! If your going to do a job then do it right I say! ;)

Tbh if you want to do it right get a Saxsport Exhaust System and a 4-2-1 Manifold, like a Raceland one. The benefits in power are unreal and its so raspy! Best choice imo

Tbh if you want to do it right get a Saxsport Exhaust System and a 4-2-1 Manifold, like a Raceland one. The benefits in power are unreal and its so raspy! Best choice imo

Out of curiosity, what kind of money are we talking about here for this setup?

Raceland manifold are top notch for these cars, but there aren't cheap at all,
Just looked up the Saxsport pipe and it's just shy of £400 with a motorsport cat or £235 with a decat which I think is quite a good price,
I couldn't find the saxsport manifold but a Raceland one costs £138, so £538 all in,

Nice looking motor you got there, and looks much better with the angel eyes and blacked out badges, etc.
icon_cool.gif

Well you can get a Saxsport system for about £235, which is good for the money tbh. I did have one, but never fitted it and then sold it.

Cheers Mickie :) Just sold the Saxo now and have brought a Civic, pic's to be up soon :)