New Raddo daily, some tweaks to come!

Ok so the mk2 is coming off the road for a 20vT conversion and ground up rebuild and spray, so i needed a cool VW in my life as a daily driver.

got let down on my first choice when guy changed his mind and sold it to someone else :( so figured id never get a Corrado anywhere near my kinda budget (ie what i had left in the bank from last month)

but then i found this one:

newrado2.jpg

newrado.jpg

Got it VERY cheap due to some minor cosmetic things that can be sorted in a day :)

1.8 16v (the better of the 16v engines!) 130k on clocks, 11 months mot, 6months tax, service history, and engine pulls hard as it should (not a rocket ship by any stretch of imagination though!) 17's, coilies, G60 brake conversion with braided hoses, full stainless system, clifford alarm, ice etc etc.

£600!!!!! RESULT!

so, plans for this one are simple, sort out the few cosmetic niggles, paint the wheels, all red rear lights, smooth front bumper and rear, straight through the zorst as its bit quiet, and lob in a pipercross panel filter and drill airbox.

Heres a photoshop of the wheels.... theyre marmite for sure, but i dont care!

radogreenwheels.jpg

What a fapping bargain! Looks wicked. The thing with the wheels is they are not so much marmite as just look she-ite, two shades of the same colour are a bit of a no-no unless you're blind in both eyes :blink1:

Photoshop them white and see how much better they look!

i have to agree with ma but i wouldnt have put it so bluntly on the lime green!!!
i do like the orange but sadly this scheme reminds me of a rover 200:( so would be a nono if it where my car!!
but i do really like the golden/yellow wheels with that dark green:D

Bragain, nice find, you seem to be quite lucky when it comes to finding cars!

I quite like the yellow wheels but you'd need to echo the yellow elsewhere on the car for effect. Are you keeping the engine standard?

Have decided on orange. bought the paint just need to find time to do it now.
will be doing the badges same orange, just to tie it in a bit.

As for finding the cars, im just a bit of a geek when it comes to forums, so i have my eye on the ball at all times!

ok so i had decided on orange, until i came up with this....

photoshopmoody.jpg

paint bought, wheels being done soon as i have the chance, hopefully monday. and tint film for lights is being sorted by a mate.

well it has been done. now looks as per the above photoshop. will get pics up when i get chance.

wouldnt go as far as saying it looked stealth, its still pretty damn lairy to look at tbh!

hehe yup. like a set of 15 x 8 Compmotive TH Mono's i got today for £200.... :)

pics are defo needed, unfortunately my laptop is funked and i cant use it, yet alone put pics on it. :(

wil be fixed soon though, plenty to update once it is. been a very busy boy!

Sorry for lack of posts here guys iv been rather busy and not really had any time!

oh, did i mention SHE'S GONE!?!?!?!?!?!?! :(

i miss her already, but the (very temporary) replacement, a fiat 20vT coupe, is ballistically quick and more than up to putting a smile on my face until i sell her to get another dub.

heres a few parting pics with her looking all shiny :)

2bf53c40.jpg

0cc0f7a6.jpg

fd58eec7.jpg

cebf0034.jpg

bye bye old girl, will always remember my first 'Rado :)

Wow - that was short lived but things move on. All the best with the new project. No doubt you turned a tidy profit, the car looks awesome now.

I did indeed make a tidy profit, well over a grand is all I'm sayin ;)
the coupe ain't staying though, is have to disagree on it bein better looking, and it won't be any faster than my next car when I'm done.
miss the Corrado bad so on lookout for a g60 or vr6 now :)

i just got back from a 7hour trip to get my new car.......

94 Corrado VR6 :)

feels every bit as fast as the coupe was, and is so damn perfect i doubt there will be may changes in the near future! will start a thread soon though as i know what im like, bits an bobs will have to be done!

she's a 2.9 VR6 with some basic mods:

6 branch stainless exhaust manifold and full stainless exhaust system
Ported and flowed polished inlet manifold
K&N induction kit
lowered 40mm on shocks and springs.

she has pretty much all the toys rado's came with, including heated leather seats, yum!

nope, Dusty Mauve was only available for VR6 in the campaign edition ( 7 made!)

this one is Twilight Violet Pearl effect. not a common colour, which is nice! :)