2.0L supercharged opel corsa B

Hey guys, This my project car that i have been working on for the last two years. Started out as a 1.4L which somehow didn't like me much so after that blew i sourced a 2.0L 8 valve from a 98 model opel 200is kadett. All was running well until i got bitten by the boost bug again and was offered a m62 eaton off of a merc c230 kompressor and some 6 months later the hooligan was born. I'm running at 9 psi boost unmapped with the 1.4L gearbox which gives most high end cars a run (power to weight ratio) till we run at distance and they go past on account of my short ratios.

Attachments

• 1602147139713.png
    1602147139713.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 507
So after having belt alignment issues i'm removing the intake manifold this week to fit a charge cooler core and to re-align the belt. (two 6pk belts in a day is a bit rough) and i might be fitting a m90 charger with a electric clutch if the guy is willing to part with it. I've also completed fitting the rear brake discs from a vaux kadett f.

This sounds like an interesting project! You'll hit the 10 posts soon buddy! Nice to have you around.

Thanks Waynne, I just don't want to put random stuff up just for 10 posts.

Okay so after fitting the vaux rear discs and seeing how amazing it looks, I went to price the larger discs for the front i need to balance out the braking as it tends to lock up on the rear when i hit the anchors hard. I discovered another problem, the 320mm discs won't fit in my 15 inch mags so now i've added a set of 17's to my list

What engine are you using? I know that in the states, Opel have supercharged ecotec engines in Saturns. Just wondering wether or not you took a C20let then removed the turbo and bolted a supercharger on instead.

My engine started out as a N/A 2.0L That came in the opel kadett 200is. I would've loved to have gotten my hands on a LSJ ecotec from the states! It would've made my life a lot easier. I'm running the standard 9.0:1 compression with 9 PSI.

hi char-20, i agree the usa version of Opel ecotec engine is very well engineered, LSJ.

opel designed it for GM, and they found it was a good unit, so reengineered to much stronger race block and head, BUT GM made available many race performance components, like race crankshafts, race cams, pistons, rods, and blueprints on HOW to do the modifications. ECU, fuel system parts, pumps,all sorts of turbo race stuff!

pic i took of a chevy , it went 9.8 sec. 145mph 1/4 mile, then after the race went to fast food place for his paddock guys,Kool.

he was street champion, back couple yrs.

Attachments

• Dallas race 2007 013.jpg
    Dallas race 2007 013.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Dallas race 2007 014.jpg
    Dallas race 2007 014.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Dallas race 2007 016.jpg
    Dallas race 2007 016.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 11
Man that's a beautiful car! I'm busy tracking done all the tuning info that gm released for making a monster out of a puny little 2.0L. I'm sticking to my n/a block as the water jacket is stronger than the ecotec one.

if you do get serious about the ecotec engine and drivetrain stuff, you will need this GM sport compact performance build book.
the car pictured has an automatic transmission from a front drive Cadillac car,NOT manual, but can be shifted manually.

part # 88958646 or 88958728.

here is couple pix from it and T9 take note of the SAAB 93 included!

Attachments

• ecotec engine 002.jpg
    ecotec engine 002.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 9
  • ecotec engine 001.jpg
    ecotec engine 001.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 9
  • ecotec engine 003.jpg
    ecotec engine 003.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 9
  • ecotec engine 004.jpg
    ecotec engine 004.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 10
I very serious about this as I'm the first here to do it so and I want to do it successfully at the same time. It seems the guys here are a bit afraid of a supercharger. I'm still running the manual f15 gearbox which is a little light for the job (saving grace is the slipping clutch). I ultimately want to import a f40-6 gearbox from the saab 9-3.

I very serious about this as I'm the first here to do it so and I want to do it successfully at the same time. It seems the guys here are a bit afraid of a supercharger. I'm still running the manual f15 gearbox which is a little light for the job (saving grace is the slipping clutch). I ultimately want to import a f40-6 gearbox from the saab 9-3.

Nobody's afraid of superchargers here! It's just the majority on here have started with turbod cars and progressed from there. So our knowledge is limited. But we have claymore who started with a n/a engined fiat then he supercharged it. Then moved onto his volvos and twin charged that, and now he's buildin a twin engined volvo but he isn't around much cause he's busy on his build. We also have pprince's bmw thread where he supercharged his 1.8 n/a engine he got it successfully running. But sadly he isn't around anymore to offer any assistance.

Dave,
This engine aint a supercharged c20let cause it aint 16v, this an 8v 2.0 variant,

Chargedc20ne sounds like and interesting project, would love to see some pictures :)
I think an M90 supercharger will be too big for this application, i mean your engine would run it but i dont think you would have anything to gain from doing so

It depends how efficient it is for your air flow requirement and the boost you want to run, but seriously an m90 i would definately say is too big

The heat coefficient is my problem right now as i don't have a charge cooler, my intake temps spike at 150 degrees C on some hot days here. For this reason i started removing my engine so that i can start redesigning my intake that has a charge cooler built in. The most boost i can go right now is 12Psi

I'll post some pics of my new intake design once I have all the components. This is my first supercharger build so I'm still new to it all. Still trying to figure out what would be the best cam duration for it, but that-ll come in time as it's now time to rebuild the whole engine as it was never done when I first fitted it, I wasn't even sure if it would work.

Great keep us posted, glad you're still around and raring to go.

What's your next step going to be then?

Right now i'm having the block rebored to 40 thou over size to fit the new forged pistons i got, just need to get some forged rods with some arp bolts, i already have a 288 degree cam with some 1000cc injectors.

I guess it's hard to hide a lump that big without dropping the engine and completely redoing the front end of the car.

I've helped a friend who supercharged a X1.6XE 16v using a Rotrex Supercharger. Air was cooled by a water cooled small finned plenum. Also injected Meth/water mix when the temperature got high. All forged internals and ported head fitted with 1mm oversize valves. That was dynoed at 342bhp with 280lbs torque. Sounded great also.