Projects & WIPs

This is for all projects and work in progress threads. Keep us informed of your latest plans and problems.
Picked up this last night as I need another steed whilst I wait for the insurance company to stop faffing around and make me an offer :blink: 2 previous owner's, 98k on the clock but standard (for the moment) except a DV, filter and smoked side repeaters. In really good nick for the age apart from rust on the drivers front wing: However, I'm picking up another wing from Sheffield next week.
I thought I would post up details of my other project. Basically I am restoring an early 32GTR back to completely original spec that is exactly as it came out of the factory. The car is a 1991 32GTR . Its main clain to fame is that it is in the rarest nissan factory colour . The code is BLO and it was a special order only. It is a quite a strange pearlescent and can look grey, steel blue or even lilac in different lights. I imported in from japan 2 or 3 years ago with the intention in having something different .......... a stock GTR It seemed quite close to stock and only needed - suspension , air filters , exhaust and a few minor other things or so I thought.................
spent about 1800 on the mk1 so far, but then that is since late august. next year she'll be getting a respray (not that she needs it) and a 20vT conversion, with some more engine mods. Im budgeting 5.5k next year. but the predicted stats look very nice indeed... Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 350 Weight without Driver (KG) : 968 Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 367.37 0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.21 0 - 100 (Secs) : 9.28 60 - 100 (Secs) : 5.06 Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.46 Terminal Speed (MPH) : 115.91 Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.26 Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 118.07 12.3 Quarter in a mk1 convertible??? yes please! :)
This car is my first project car. I got it just a couple months ago and I'm going to build it up little by little as I can afford. As I mod it, I'll post updates here. My exhaust as it is now- going for a full 3" race exhaust soon, but here it is now: As of June 2015: Injen SRI Uniq rigid subframe collars dropped muffler, replaced with stinger various cooling tweaks under the hood rebadged the Hyundai badges with Art of Speed badges IC grill LED custom lighting mod Interior red LED map lights and custom footwell lighting Deltalip rear lip spoiler
Hey folks, So as some of you know, the old trusty died a horrible death by choking on its own internals. It's replacement is this! A 2005 MG ZR 105 trophy +. Handles superbly, has a pretty quick 2nd gear and is overall tons of fun! FSH, 33,000 miles and one lady owner from new. A picture after a proper clean! Sorry about the brother, bit of an eye sore... :lol: Couple outside the missus's house. Wheels have a little kerbing Future plans include a turbo conversion, either a ZT-T 1.8 or a T16. Needs some lowering badly and a favorite in the MGZR community seems to be Avo lowering springs. Hopefully to entice me over until conversion day, it will get either TF135 Cams, vernier pullies and a remap with a full stainless...
Well after a few months searching in Japan I have finally found my new work car. Main thing is that it needs to be a hatchback and ideally a wagon and I wanted something different. I had considered quite a few cars then found a special edition model that suited my purpose but was quick. Unfortunately this meant it was quite rare and took a few months to locate. But after a few months I found one at a well trusted Japanese dealer I have used before . so after a bit of negotiating I am now the owner of.......................... Well it will be here in about 8-10 weeks and hopefully it will be worth the wait as it may well be the first of this model in the UK Will post a few more pics and full spec but just for now a taster
So this is the very first post in what should be a long, but enjoyable project! First off, let me give you a bit of background into the car! I have currently owned the Clio for 2 years, loved every single minute of it. However, it has now come to the stage where I am looking for some more power. I have considered many options, but decided with some persuasion from a close friend of mine, that the Turbo route is the best. Looking at some of the kits offered by KTec and Engine Dynamics, I have decided to build my own kit based around these. As I am hoping for around 280 - 300bhp, I realise that some internal components will need to be uprated (Wossner pistons, PEC rods). I hope to keep this updated as much as possible! I hope...
Okay, so I still have my Mk4 Astra lying around and decided at the weekend that I'd love to try a few track days with it. It doesn't have to be road legal as I will be putting it on a trailer. It only has a 1.6 engine but I'm not after serious performance just yet, just a bit of good fun. I'll probably strip it out to make it lighter and seem a bit more serious and exciting to the driver. Maybe in time I'll probably carry out a few modifications, might start with simple power gains. And maybe move onto improved suspension for a better feel. It's all about the experience with this car, I won't be racing anyone so the more fun I can have, the better. If anyone has any ideas for it to improve the experience or has any...
new to the site, what a great place enjoyed reading a lot of the information my currant ride is a nissan skyline R33 GTST, were currently finnishing an engine rebuild in the old girl but heres the spec and a couple of pics at the end spec Engine Spec spec RB30 vl commodore 3ltr block. skimmed and crack tested new sleeves core plugs etc RB25 2.5ltr 24 valve twin cam head, gas flow and ported and matched and skimmed knife edged ports Weisco custom made forged Pistons, Crower billet custom made con rods, Nitrided & knife edged crank olished & rotation assembly balanced, billet allie crank with atached 32 tooth dry sump pully 280 degree 10.8mm lift tomie inlet gtr camshafts 270 degree 10.25mm lift tomie exhaust...
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been online here. I've spent all my time on a Fiero forum, they've been awesome help. I'm also posting this build there, so everyone can see it. I know most of you guys live in England, so you don't have Fiero's there, but this is one helluva project for me (It's my first project car, engine swap, brake job, and restoration ever). You may also be interested since the whole project is being kept a secret from my parents, and I am only making minimum wage so this is quite a balancing act. I'll post some pics in a little bit, but I really want feedback.
Well, I couldn't help myself when I found this score; Universal Intercooler 600wX300hX115thick (core sizes wider with the caps) on Ebay to add to my parts list for the Turbo setup I want to put in my; 95' VS 3.8l V6 Ecotec Holden Commodore. I'm not sure if there's many VS's getting around with turbo's. There would be some with Super charger setups but not many (if any???) that run from exhaust system. This sytem will be built to a budget so I'll be making my own headers to fit the turbo's. I'm thinking stainless pipe @ 35 to 40mm?? for setion to turbo from the exhaust ports. Then 50mm down through the Ypeice. For the turbo's I have 2 TC06's but with O/sized impellers. I have 1 ready with a 50/70 impeller + housing inlet & exit...
Hi all im hoping this thread well get loads of attention as regards to how I should start my project old school ford dragster it would be cool to see plenty of debates as well to get the perfect pointers im going to start from scratch with the chassis so need to no if I should be using alloy or steel and box or tubular for my first attempt im not aiming for a ten second car butt may be 13/15 second car would be nice butt im thinking engine and suspension would only be a ten k budget so ill take what seconds I can get this time the car shell I would like old school ford butt that will come to light in the next month or two I will add moee thaughts to this as they come to mind butt for now I look forward to hereing what u guys...
Thought this would be the best place for this, so here goes. This was my car when I first bought her a few years ago and this was after her first 'facelift' She now, however, looks like this Interior is stripped out apart from the dash She's having some body mods done, including de locking, shaved door handles and a few other things. Her new colour scheme will be green and black. Here's my engine bits ready to go on her Got the strut braces done too. They all have rainbow shimmer in them so look pretty cool when the sun hits I've also just had the wheels back From standard silver to They are all powder coated so the engine bits should happily cope with the engine bay heat as they were baked at 200C...
Hey all, been a while!! have had more kids and work/bikes etc has all been a bit manic, so iv not really been posting online much! well, what have i been up to since i went away.... Last you guys saw of me i had my first proper bike, the Sv650s: Then i got rid of that and bought a Yamaha Thundercat: Then i got bored and bought this Yamaha FZ6: which i promptly turned into this: Then i sold that and bought this SV1000SZ: Which i got offered a great deal on to see me on my (realistic) dream bike, a 2004 K4 Suzuki GSXR 600: It has a shedload of trick bits, and im working my way through replacing every bearing,bush and consumable item on the bike so pretty soon she will be absolutely 100%...
Well here's the replacement for the MG ZS, she's a 1995 UK spec 1.8iS 5 with a confirmed 69,000 miles on the clock, 2 lady owners the last being a MX-5 OC member from new & full service history from new including all the receipts & MOT's. The sills have been repaired in the past but have been done to a good standard. The paint work is good for a 17 year old car but could do with a little tidy up although I am thinking of a respray in Honda pearl white. I love the OEM wheels & they are in good nick but I will get them refurbed this winter. Some quick pics... Engine the right way round & proper wheel drive. :amuse: Sticker on the slam panel confirms cam belt was done 2010 at 67,000 miles. Full tool kit...
Ive the car 3 months now and finally i can start my build thread When i first brought it First job was to remove resonator box just behind the wheel arch You can see the 4 small holes they where the only things letting air flow into the filter Then i put on my new wheels could probably do with a refurb but are loads better than what was on They have loads of tread 3 are brigestone so2 and one avon alone these must be more than what i actually paid for them Now the car is 100 times better these wheels look great and im very pleased with them My next job was change the dump valve managed to get a blitz one cheap no there was no need to take the old recirc one off which you can see just above the blitz i...
I figured I'll make an official thread about this since I'll probably be taking massive amounts of photos of it anyways. Some of you will recall I mentioned in my introductory thread, that I mentioned having a 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 with bent valves that I had planned to rebuild. The problem turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor and timing belt tensioner, which in turn bent the valves. Whether I kept the car was in jeopardy as I got a 2004 Saturn Ion coupe to drive around in. After a while, I decided the car was too sentimental to part with and that I'd rebuild it. I just ordered a set of LQ1 heads (off a 1992 Lumina Z34) from Matt (GOT2B GM of w-body.com). This is the first purchase towards getting the car...
A few more mods .............well havnt touched the car for 3 weeks :sad2: Its now got a different front - finally got hold of the nismo grille to go with the body kit . and a larger bore rear box I could only get a 5 inch :bigsmile: Rewired the F con - The 4wd now working properly . Changed the air/fuel map a bit as the high boost is down slightly now at 1.5 bar . Power is just over 500bhp with 440 ft lbs of torque . That is at the hubs Max Tourque now come in at around 4500 rpm and does not really tail off till over 6000 rpm Inerior is slightly different now but will post some pics once I ve taken them.
Ok where to start?! ha the car about 5ish years. Ran it as a daily for 5 or so. Then things went mental lol So here she is Stock bar a magnex exhaust. So ran her like this for quite a while then the lust for MORE POWER kicked in, but that wassnt enough.....i decided to go...well.. mad lol Its a Mk1 Clio 16v With a lightly fettled 2.0 F7RA700 Williams engine producing circa 180bhp dependant on dyno... Here is a brief spec of the car as it stands now. Hybrid Spec Engine F7R 700 2.0-litre 16-valve Kent RN2002 260 cams Timed in By the ClioLord Mapped by TBC! Omex 600 V0.70D Chadil Inlet Manifold jenvey throttle bodies megane Injectors Piper Vernier pulleys Mocal 13 row Oil Cooler Mocal Thermostatic sandwich plate...
OK thought id better get this started seeing as the bora has now gone to car heaven only one pic of the car the now as not had the time or the weather to get the car properly cleaned up 1 2009 VRS TDI CR. decided to go with the newer CR engine rather than the older PD engines as there seem to be more issues with the DPF on the PD engines as they produce too much smoke and were never designed to run alongside the DPF. there was also the good old injector issues as with the 1.9 PD engine - for those who dont know the 2nd pump in the PD engines is the injector itself. some work needs done so as its still under warranty then its going into skoda next friday to get looked at. central locking within the car doesnt work...
Well folks, I have been threatening to do it and promised myself I wouldn't start this thread until work began. Well work has begun so let's kick things off. I have always loved the looks of both the R33 and the R34 but particularly the front end of the R334. So why not combine the two and make a Wide arch kit at the same time. Now I am going for subtle instead of an aggressive wide arch. Also the body shop company I am using believes in doing things right, so the wider front wings and rear wings will be custom made out of metal, not fiberglass. So here's what she looked like when I dropped her off to the body shop! Start of the rear end strip, remove rear bumper and lights. This is a 16 year old car but not in bad nick for it's...
hello people, after many requests im putting up my 1998 facelift honda accord:P it has xenon headlights 6000K. custom Clarion NX501 radio/dvd/navigation. custom rear compo speakers Mohawk MP 6.2 250watts max/125watts RMS doorhandles, mirrorcasings, sidebumper and sideskirts in matching color with the rest of the car. and a cleaned rear hatch next up is replacing the frontspeakers, and prolly some new wheels. but that will be some other time.
Hi all, I bought this car quite a while ago. Originally I got the car as my Civic was involved in an accident and I needed something to get me from A to B, but wanted something that would hold it's value. I travelled to Peterborough one very snowy evening to check the car and it was fine (mechanically) so I lowered the seller to £1200 and drove it away that night. After owning the BMW for a while I decided to keep it instead of the Civic. I've quietly started my project over the last month or so and decided to share it with everyone on here. It's not the most powerful car in the world but right now it fits the bill perfectly. The previous owner's work wasn't the best so I have to correct scratches, rust and the awful back...
Firstly i'd like to say i'm new to this site. Also this is my first wee car i'll be tuning up. I currently own a 106 gti and i'm wanting to get it up to around 180 - 200bhp. I'm wondering what way to go about it? do I go cams? supercharge? turbo? or what I was thinking was an engine change but that would be very expensive and lot of work in comparison to other ideas lol. Was just looking for advice as to which way to go about this. Any help will be much appreciated especially advice from people who have already done this to their 106 gti's. thanks
i was originally planning selling the leon but after doing an online valuation and looking on autotrader my car has dropped in value by a £1000 within a year :amazed: plus the £3000+ i have spent on it so i have decided im keeping her and going the full hog and making her even better engine wise i am with the performance at the moment but in the future the next step would be a turbo upgrade but this wont happen for a long time yet so im going to be looking at spending my money on looks and handling this is what im aiming for on the front i have received the light eyebrows just waiting for the grills to turn up then will decide about the lower splitter then its of to a mate of a mate for colour coding and judging from my mates car...
Hi, Well I thought it was about time I started a little project log on my little Megane. I bought this Megane in January this year and so far have not done too much to it, but have a long list of jobs to be done. Here are some pics of how it looked when I picked it up. Not really done much to it so far, apart from changing the aerial to a small bee-sting style one and adding smoked side repeaters. On the inside I have just finished adding full leather interior. Jobs to do include fitting 17" Kei Fuji alloys (Black), Sports exhaust system, M3 style mirrors etc. Will upload some more pics as soon as I get the interior fitted and hopefully as each job gets done. The aim is to have a nice looking Meg with some...
Introduction As this is going to be quite a big ongoing project, I thought I may as well get a project thread up for those interested. The car was taken off the road about 10 months ago as I have two cars so only used it as a weekend car anyway. I have plenty of experience from a young age from working on several mates cars and projects and that of my old man. This, however, is my first big project completely on my own. How the car stands The car was nearly standard when I got it. It now stands completely stripped weighing 910 kgs and running about 180bhp at 18psi. A GT of the same spec as mine with full interior can run a 14.5 flat quarter mile on crap tyres. So est. low 14's for mine. Bodywork needs attention but is standard...
Hi guys. Been a while lol ;) But from a request or 2 I am popping up a build thread of my Vectra GSi. Now for those that know me will know I am a Vauxhall man at heart. Had a couple of scoobies but never again! lol. Plus, i'm a buggar for not being able to resist a bit of modding. This time is no exception and is probably the furtherst I have ever taken a V6 engine and i'm not quite finished yet hehe. There are 3 main things left but will list those later in the post. After getting fed up of the last Subaru costing a fortune to run, I decided to go back to Vauxhall and as I was using the Scooby to part ex, the ball was in my court for being able to find a special one. Didn't take me long to settle for an ex-press car (1 of 9...
For those that don't know, the Ibiza Cupra runs the 1.8t from the VAG range, but from factory only has a tiny turbo and conservative map, running only 156bhp. I bought this as a Stage 1 with a fairly aggressive map, exhaust, large air filter and several bypasses done running 185bhp. It's also lowered on H&R Cup Kit, and was on 17" O.Z Superturismos. Pictures from the advert. CIMG3695 by Nick Berger, on Flickr CIMG3683 by Nick Berger, on Flickr CIMG3690 by Nick Berger, on Flickr First thing I did was change the 2 foot long standard aerial for a stubby one from a Citroen. 20101025_001.jpg by Nick Berger, on Flickr I then changed the rear wiper for one from a Mk5 Golf. Filthy cupra by Nick Berger, on Flickr Did the front...
Hey all, Right... I have been a member almost a year now and none of you have seen my 'Ride', well that's about to change... I am sure your thinking... " Why is starting a project thread? He hasn't passed his test! " I haven't, no. But I can't see why that should stop me? I'd mainly like to cover a few bits and bobs, mainly cosmetic at the moment. Eventually when I do pass, I'll start the tuning. Okay... So here she is
This is my 2001 Volkswagen GTI 20V 1.8T 5 Speed Manual. I bought this car in September 2011 from another Volkswagen enthusiast who had this car tuned for his wife, who really did not need or want anything more than an average car to transport herself to and from work. She really disliked the fact that it was so low, and pushed her husband to sell it and buy her an average sedan and leave it the hell alone. The car came with the following mods: Shaved head Supposedly bored over to 2.0, though some folks disagree and I have not yet inspected the cylinder walls APR diverter valve Eurojet airlines K&N filter & short ram intake / Neuspeed heat shield Remapped ECU to compensate for the said mods FK Silverline coilovers - lowered to 1.25''...
Picked the Peugeot 306 meridian 1.4 up last Wednsday for £200 im thinking that could be a bargain. The seller said it needed a new gasket and some body work as Nitro-mors had been thrown on it! Surprisingly enough it driven home fine (50 miles) with just a few rough starts. The car got checked over and it needed a new coil pack all in all £100 fitted so not bad for a £200 car :D. The roof and bonnet has been thourely sanded and the bonnet has been treated for the rust with a product called Rust Remedy, does a great job was expecting it to not be brilliant for its price :bigsmile:. Also put a terribly rough spray of primer on the bonnet. Got some black carbon fibre coming hopefully tomorrow (Friday) which i will be covering...
Hi guys. Have not been on for a while but i confirm that i dont have the crx anymore. I swapped it for a clio sport 172. This has a a back box and air filter only. Any other ideas on what i can do to make this faster taking into account that where i live there is no place to do a remap. Thanks nathan
So you decided to tackle a car project? Well well, you have the space, but all those bits 'n pieces will eat up your working space in a jiffy. My project is now turning out into a full garage re-think, re-vamp project. Make sure you utilise every bit of space to it's fullest. You can use the trusses to store, BUT go easy on the weight. You don't want your roof landing on your pride and joy. I've made a workbench with storage space and fitted castors to it, like one giant toolbox. Cost was zero, built it from scrap bits and it works well. Got to get this finished before Spring so I can carry on with my Escort. The Jetta and Bantam will follow for their transplants after the 'Scort. :lol:
Hello everybody! It has been long time since my last post but now everything is set up to continue with my project I wrote about 2 years ago. It is going about rallycross racing buggy - very similar to Race of champions (ROC) buggy just with much more power and semi slicks. Also races will be very similar, I will race on SS asphalt stages in same class as Rally cars like Škoda S2000, EVO IX class F, WRC and so on ... So far we made 2.0 turbo engine with 290bhp and 520nm fitted on Audi S4 4WD gearbox modded to 2WD only, so buggy has RWD. But now we have problems with setting it up. Car has good cornering entrance but very bad exit because of open differential. We plan to put anti roll bar on front to stick rear tires on...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back