JC Denton's Honda Prelude

Re: Prelude

Not so much ideas! ideas! ideas! but the very best of wishes goes out to you on this project, I loved that car when it first came out onto the market and still do :bigsmile:

I think some of the body kits I've seen pictures of look rubbish good & the side skirts are a must to cover up the rust from MR MOT.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think some of the body kits I've seen pictures of look rubbish good & the side skirts are a must to cover up the rust from MR MOT.

Post some pictures. You can't be serious about using side skirts to cover rust? If so then that's stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3751-dvc00568.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3752-dvc00573.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3748-dvc00567.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3754-dvc00571.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3753-dvc00572.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3750-dvc00569.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3749-dvc00570.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3747-dvc00566.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3745-dvc00564.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3746-dvc00565.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3744-dvc00563.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3743-dvc00561.jpg

Last edited:

Don't worry the horsee is gonna be the first thing to go. It will be kept inside over winter but my garage door is missing, why?

As you can see from the pictures the sills & lower portions of the wings are a mess. My only option seems to be to cover them up.

The only real problem with it is the bodywork. You can't see in the pics but its covered in scratches & blotchy paint.

Don't worry the horsee is gonna be the first thing to go. It will be kept inside over winter but my garage door is missing, why?

As you can see from the pictures the sills & lower portions of the wings are a mess. My only option seems to be to cover them up.

The only real problem with it is the bodywork. You can't see in the pics but its covered in scratches & blotchy paint.

If it's going to be exposed over winter then the body work needs doing asap. If you don't you may well find it's rotten after winter.

The best rememdy would be to cut out and replace, although that might not be so easy with an older car.

If you can't get it sorted before winter, then it'll have to fully covered (or get yourself a new garage door!).

I know this is a long shot, but does anybody happen know if the exhaust manifold/header from a 2.1L b20A5 90-91 SI prelude fits the standard 2.0L b20A7 engine????

Some sources say it does some say it doesn't:confused::blink:

I'm currently trying to shoehorn a 2.2L h22 VTEC manifold onto it. Seems to be OK stuck on with plenty of JB weld but its touching the alternater & keeps shorting out.

I know this is a long shot, but does anybody happen know if the exhaust manifold/header from a 2.1L b20A5 90-91 SI prelude fits the standard 2.0L b20A7 engine????

Some sources say it does some say it doesn't:confused::blink:

*Most* of the B series part fit onto other B series parts. Don't blame if it goes wrong though lol.

I'm currently trying to shoehorn a 2.2L h22 VTEC manifold onto it. Seems to be OK stuck on with plenty of JB weld but its touching the alternater & keeps shorting out.

Don't think that will work tbh. I thought they were slightly different sizes (can't remember why though as I don't look into the honda stuff anymore). What exactly are you trying to achieve?

*Most* of the B series part fit onto other B series parts. Don't blame if it goes wrong though lol.

Encouraging words Prince! I will persevere...

I persevered & I blew my altinator apart:confused:

I think I'm just going to stick with the OE manifold until I can offord the £250 for the proper S/S 421...one

Last edited:

I persevered & I blew my altinator apart:confused:

I think I'm just going to stick with the OE manifold until I can offord the £250 for the proper S/S 421...one

Hahaha! Sorry mate, but that's just funny!

Piece of advice for anybody who own one of these cars: Parts are a complete &$%£* nighmare to get hold of!

Engine swap!

OK, I've got the brakes sorted, a new alternator ( after blowing the last one ), some nice 17' rims, a slightly bigger exhaust system, slightly advanced ignition timing, horsy is gone, a mid level spoiler, some side skirts on way & I've put the old exhaust manifold back on.

I've still to get five holes welded up, 1 wheel bearing, & as soon as I can offord it a respray & I was thinking of to thin red stripes over the middle:blink1: ( Yes I AM looking for opinions on that! ) some people say Yay, some people say Nay, myself I'm not too sure...

We need pictures! I wouldn't go for the stripes, but at the end of the day it's your car and your money!

I'm also moving this to the projects section for you so it will get more attention.

keep it oem-ish, yes add bits and bobs but not too much, get the bad stuff done first, that body work looks terrible the the engine bay is spotless!

Different wheels wouldn't go a miss either....

Also JDM cars aren't weather protected like UK spec cars so after the repairs are done it would pay to underseal the whole underside of the car including the insides of the wheel arches.

Also I might be worth while importing parts from Japan if this is going to be a long term labour of love.

I've got some 17' ACE Alloys. White was my first choice but they so good I didn't want to ruin them.

I'm also respraying it...with rattle's, panel by panel. I'll get some more pictures up soon.

I've got some 17' ACE Alloys. White was my first choice but they so good I didn't want to ruin them.

I'm also respraying it...with rattle's, panel by panel. I'll get some more pictures up soon.

Bugger ACE's mate. At the very least the car deserves some Rotas. Keep it looking Jap.

Respraying the car with rattle cans it just asking for trouble. There is no way it will look good. If you really want to change the colour yourself, wrap it.

I've fell into a deep depression.:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

I dropped a nut down the dipstick tube not so long ago & the other night the engine started rattling & seized up.

& I just got the bodywork looking good...

Crank bearings are k******d:confused::confused:

Been scouring the internet & it seems like there isn't a huge amount of choice for engine's in the UK...:sad2:

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3809-dvc00625.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3812-dvc00628.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3811-dvc00627.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3810-dvc00626.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3808-dvc00624.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3807-dvc00623.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture3806-dvc00622.jpg

Just started a new job so hopefully I can offord a new engine soon. I'm sticking with the b20 2.0 16v 150bhp. Its simple & bulletproof & at the end of the day its the excellent handling that has always won me races.

Just started a new job so hopefully I can offord a new engine soon. I'm sticking with the b20 2.0 16v 150bhp. Its simple & bulletproof & at the end of the day its the excellent handling that has always won me races.

Unless you drop a nut down the dipstick tube! :lol:

150bhp can be improved upon and it'll be affordable and fun.

Just noticed your undersigning. I don't think its the oil companies dictating the price's here, something like 80% of what you pay at the pumps is tax isn't it!!??

60% ;).

Things have finally started moving.:amuse::amuse::amuse::amuse::amuse::amuse::amuse::amuse: By the end of the month I'll have enough money for a reconditioned engine. I've cleaned & polished the injection manifold, I've got an EBC ceramic clutch on the way.

BTW, I wonder if anybody knows what the electrical gizmo attached to the exhaust cam is??? It looks like the sort of thing you'd have for variable valve timing? :blink:

I'm still researching the H22 VTEC engine though. Whether or not this engine would go onto the existing transition remains a mystery to me.