Been gone ages an now im Infecting the TC with more bikes!! :)

Hey all, been a while!! have had more kids and work/bikes etc has all been a bit manic, so iv not really been posting online much!

well, what have i been up to since i went away....

Last you guys saw of me i had my first proper bike, the Sv650s:

Then i got rid of that and bought a Yamaha Thundercat:

Then i got bored and bought this Yamaha FZ6:

which i promptly turned into this:

Then i sold that and bought this SV1000SZ:

Which i got offered a great deal on to see me on my (realistic) dream bike, a 2004 K4 Suzuki GSXR 600:

It has a shedload of trick bits, and im working my way through replacing every bearing,bush and consumable item on the bike so pretty soon she will be absolutely 100% perfect. The crash damage wasnt me btw, prev owner dropped it in the snow, but i have a fresh panel in the garage just waiting for paint!

so yeah, i've had a busy year!!

Looking like late this year ill be able to insure a modified car and bike again for reasonable money, so im going to be looking at buying a beemer sometime around xmas ( make the most of all the desperate skint sellers!!), probably an E36 328i Sport, or an E36/46 M3. see how the rest of this year pans out first eh!!

:)

Nice bikes matey,beautiful, all they need to be perfect is 2 more wheels,lol. Good luck with the BMW hope you get a good one.

Bikes? heresy! There is dark magic afoot, how can something with two wheels not fall over when you drive it along!

Welcome back buddy is good to hear from you and at lest you are talking sense about buying a car again.
The bikes look really cool I thought you changed cars a lot!

The not falling over thing is something im working on waynne! :lol:

nah, touch wood they've all stayed upright so far! haha Although the GSXR did try and have a lie down last week at 120mph when the sprocket carrier bearings decided they didnt like being in one piece anymore! All bearings have now been replaced, although im still having a few issues - hopefully nothing too serious and i can sort them out today...

For me it HAS to be a fast car to go alongside a bike, i have been offered lots of my old favourites, mk2 VW golfs, but unless they are packing 300+bhp with the handing to match they just cannot give me anywhere near the kind of thrill a bike can. And the problem with 20yr old golfs is making them handle the power and giving good driveablility. no point having all the bhp if you cant use it!!

The GSXR for example has 108bhp at the rear wheel, and weighs in at a touch over 155kgs, so thats a power to weight of 696bhp/tonne!

But i figure an E46 M3 SMG with a few tweaks should be enough to keep a smile on my face when im forced to take the car!!! :) £8k is going to be about my max budget though, so im going to have to shop around to find the right one at that money, they aren't cheap cars to own/repair, so the last thing i want to do is buy a dog!

see now as much as i appreciate those as Art, to me that is not what motorbikes are about. I mean lets face it you aint going to be filtering past traffic on one of those! or cornering in anywhere near the same sort of way you can on a GSXR for instance... But hey, if we all liked the same things the world would be a pretty damn boring place!!

Im actually reconsidering the M3.... or indeed any fast car.... Think im going to come full circle and get another VW T4! really bugs me that i was forced to selll my last one, and i want to get one thats high specced and ready to rock, then put a funky camper interior in for going away with the kids at weekends etc. Thinking the 150bhp European spec one is the way to go, so will likely be importing one from Germany.... will update on that when the time comes!

Think im going to come full circle and get another VW T4! really bugs me that i was forced to selll my last one, and i want to get one thats high specced and ready to rock, then put a funky camper interior in for going away with the kids at weekends etc. Thinking the 150bhp European spec one is the way to go, so will likely be importing one from Germany.... will update on that when the time comes!

Sounds like a marvellous idea, good luck with this one buddy ;)

It does.... but i dont think im going to now!! lol

Im actually looking at getting something like a Hitop LWB Iveco Daily, reason being is i have been getting bang into trackdays over past few months, and want to get something i can use as a trackday van, work van, and camper van all in one! will take some nifty building, but i have a vision in my head of what i need to do, and i think its all very possible!

Plus if i get the big boy 3.0 Diesel, they are tweakable to 220+bhp, which should make it fairly nippy and almost economical ( for a 3.5T van anyway! )

time for a mini update.....

I bought..... a.........

RENAULT TRAFIC!! :lol:

Was my father in laws van from new, 2008 plate LWB, 79k on the clocks, FRSH, 12months Mot and 9Months tax.... about £4.5k on ebay, I gave him £1k for it. :)

And on the bike front.... GSXR is now a full time track bike.

Currently in the process of painting the race bodywork, all non essential items have been removed, weight loss and more power were the order of the day!

Oh, and did i mention i put a 750 engine in her? with lots more goodies? lol
Just had her mapped this weekend, and the result is:

Ignore the fluffy bit between 2.5-4k rpm, thats an issue thats already under investigation and will go straight back to Crescent to be retuned when its sorted. Still, 140bhp at the wheel is a bloody good figure for a 750 :)

when you factor in the kerb weight is around 150kgs, that gives a power to weight of around 930bhp/tonne :)

Will chuck some pics up once the paintjob is complete and she is ready for action!

Cheers dude :) she makes peak power at about 13.5k, will run on to 15k rpm if needs be due to the yoshimura race ecu.

im just glad its finally almost at the stage where i may be able to ride it soon!

Booked the bike in on another Dyno next friday so i can do some tests find out whats causing this fuelling issue... more to come on that then!

Had an hour odd spare this afternoon so i got a bit more done bodywork wise..... once again, apologies for the terrible pic quality!!!

Almost there!

As much as I love cars, some bikes really appeal to me and make me wish I owned one. Looks so good mate! Not much of a bike guru, but why do motorbikes tend to be able to rev up and over 15K rpm?

Cheers buddy!
Im not a guru either by any means, but as i understand it, its all about the short stroke, due to the smaller cylinder size. Basically a smaller and lighter crank, piston, rods etc which travels less distance can rev higher than the larger equivalents. A big V-twin engine ( harley davidson for eg) only revs to about 5500rpm, as the component sizes and distance they travel are much the same as a normal car engine, whereas a ZXR 400 which has a Tiny engine in comparison will rev to about 16000rpm!

I desperately want to buy another car... My insurance has dropped right down now, so i could pretty much insure anything i want, but im saving for a new house, so for the time being im going to have to limit myself to the van and a couple of bikes....

Still got my eye out for a cheap Fiat Coupe 20vT though...

Its mainly to do with torque.... sure you could have an engine on that bike with the same power (140bhp) but say like a modern diesel about 250 lbft torque.... on a bike it would be horrible, less traction due to only a single driven wheel and less weight which does help create traction
Theres 2 ways of making power.... loads of revs or loads of torque....
Loads of revs was choosen because the gearbox wouldnt need to be as strong and therefore lighter, and the fact the engine produces its torque up high, progressively and not a lot of it means that the rider is able to give it some welly without the fear it will rear up (as much :) ) so a long first gear to reduce the suddern torque spike from a standing start and shorter 2nd to 6th and loads of rpms (and lack of weight) will
easily make up for the lack or torque

I think that covers it... :)

And welcome back pikey :)

Cheers Jarrus, Good explanation!

A Lot has changed since i last posted here ( this is me guys, what did you expect,.... ;) )

Renault Trafic has gone... It started having some issues i suspected were about to get rather expensive so i sold it, honest and openly i might add! I have now bought myself a new "van", an 06 Astra Sportive van, 120bhp 8v model, lowered on 18" VXR wheels, and fitted a DTUK tuning box ( proper one, not an ebay resistor jobby!) so she now runs around 160-170bhp :)

Going to be a few tweaks coming for her in time, wheels to be refurbed in Anthracite, possibly swapped for 5 spoke SRI wheels, or Insignia VXR wheels, not sure yet! Want to fit a pair of Leather seats, a Caska MMI headunit, steering wheel with stereo controls, Maybe a VXR front bumper and skirts etc.

Also the GSXR has taken a bit of a turn.......I had always wanted to be able to use the GSXR on the road as well as the track, and when i took it for a ride on the road, i realised i had created a monster - WAY too uncomfortable for road use, i did 110 miles and felt like i had been riding for a week solid, i was in AGONY!

So, i decided i would "streetfighter" her. I didnt want to make it a garish streetfighter with loads of bolt on tat or extreme seating angles etc, just something subtle, cool, comfortable and yet Aggressive at same time...

Im halfway to having it finished, needs some new brake lines and cables etc to tidy everything up,bit of wiring work etc left to do and thats it for this phase.

Here is how she currently sits:

After the summer she will be stripped down again, and have the final bits doing i want done. Including fitting these:

ZX10R front wheel, and ZX6R rear wheel. look much sexier than the standard Suzuki 3 spokes! Have designed some spacers/bushings to fit the front wheel, rear is a little more involved as i have to get chain and rear brake alignment correct as well as spacing the wheel correctly. They will be powdercoated a very similar colour when I have spacers correct.

Heres one of the front spacers, nice and simple :)

Rears ill probably have made a couple mm oversize and then have them skimmed down 0.5mm at a time until the fit is perfect.

plenty of work to be done, will update when its (kinda) finished!

:)