Projects & WIPs

This is for all projects and work in progress threads. Keep us informed of your latest plans and problems.
hi be gentle as this is my 1st mod!! :) i know not many people like bodykits but i do :) right guys my car run out of tax a few months ago so i sent it down to my brother who lives 40 miles away from me (big mistake as i could never find the time to get the car fixed! anyway i have done most of it down there that he could help me with and i am now on my own!! i have a lil sandin and filling to do and then i can move on to sprayin me julie! if u know wa i mean :D at the moment it is only a 1.2 but i will be lookin for an 1800 engine and everything that is needed to get it runnin! (so if any1 is thinkin of brakin their car soon let me know!! if anybody has 1 which will be gettin sold in a month or 2! please be gentle guys as this is...
Hi all, 2008 Suzuki Swift 1.5 Petrol My Suzuki Swift is in need of some more performance, It's all ready fitted with k&n induction kit and longlife cat back exhausts. I've read loads of coments on the best things to increase performance on the Swift. I keep reading that the k&n induction isn't the best for my car, I've read that the best is either hks suction kit or R's sports cleaner. Also because my Swift is the 1.5 it's best to get a piggyback ecu fitted then after you've got exhaust, induction, piggyback eg. then only should you get it mapped, otherwise the mods that I do won't help much. Does anyone have any advice that could help increase my performance without forking out for a turbo or supercharger. ie...
i purchased a 1981 datsun bluebird about 4 years ago, it was a humble auto GX sedan. i got hold of some TRX rims cheap, so on they went. then i got a set of twin 1 3/4 su carbs and some light work to the head and cam to the L20B, and also converted it to manual, with some big dramas due to the floor pan the difference was quite substantial, so i had to make custom gearbox mounts. for some tunes i have two amps, 600 and 1000 watts a 12 inch sub and 5 speakers. i took it off the road about a year ago to do some minor bodywork, and that soon changed to an engine overhaul (ca18de) and upgraded suspension dropped about 1 3/4 inches and also some S13 ca18 rims, with a 25 mm swaybar from an R31 skyline and soon to have twin swaybars at the...
trying to lose as much as poss plus around 220+ bhp,am i no hurry and keep changing my mind so hear goes. door locks have gone and door /boot rubber seals + side windows that was just over 15kg's hope to get the rear window out today should be good for 10kg's. looks like a 2.0 mondao engine is going in place of the 14. and she will be 4wheel drive, rad will be in the back . were the rear side windows was may make some air ducks/scoops to flow air to the rad and then out the rear window. doors welded up.spare tyer well will be cut out and a sheet of ally in place. may only have the 1 drivers seat to keep weight down.power steering rack can come out today that should save a bit more
a few people are asking to see the progress on the OAP stylee trampdrifter so figured id oblige! its a 92 Vaux carlton 2.0 (122BHP) GL model at the moment, if it proves reliable enough and doesnt get destroyed first time i take it on the track ill be looking for a 3.0 24V lump to throw in... not really all that much to report as yet as have been far too busy with the other half, but here's what we've got so far..... this is it when i got it (swap for an old dvd headunit!) 105k on the clocks, running sweet as a nut, had leaky diff to be looked at at some pint, nothing major so i thought.... only bits of rust i could find were: both rear arches rusted away underneath door shuts, small bit of rust in spare wheel well bung. thats...
Hey everyone i'm Tom and im 19 I own a Rover 25 1.1 16v 80BHP (my first car) i have owned it for about 2 years now and put alot of time into getting it looking good. This is how I got it- As it stand now- Spec: ZR grille, fog lights, colour coded bump strips, ZR suspension setup, flat wipers, ZR Aerial, BRM 16' alloy wheels, Pirelli P Zero performance tyres, Alloy tax disc holder, Colour coded mirrors, Owners club stickers, alarm & alarm activated tracker, hidden battery cut off, push start button, imoboliser, Colour coded spoiler, ZR160 Exhaust in high temp paint, de-restricted airbox with K&N pannel filter, metal throttle body, colour coded boot handle, 6X9's, DVD head unit, Richbrook gear knob and red gaiter, arm rest with...
Ok...here is my project. R11 turbo. I bought it an year and the half ago. At first it was in horrible condition, but it worked. There was rust all all over the place. Exhaust pipe was only memory (there was more rust than metal). Exhaust manifold was broken, cranckshaft bearing were in bad shape etc... car was in awful condition.
A few weeks ago my elderly mother was told she was no longer allowed to drive, so she offered her car to me a 1978 datsun 120y gl in its only done 51200 kms its in reasonable condition for a 31 year old car so i have decided to restore it and run it in the bay to birdwood classic car run next year if i get it finished in time. Will do some pics soon.
Didnt realise the photos i had taken were quite so bad so will get somemore when an next over but here is the current WIP. Rear arches need done again but like the classic Sunbeam shape. This shell is actually on a modified Sierra 4x4 floor plan, shortened. Full 4wd with Cosworth Engine (courtesy of a Sierra). Despite the massive gap at the arches it is lowered all round on Konis but has not been adjusted as its better to keep it high for moving around. Ashley competition exhaust, caged, seam welded, was rally spec until they changed the rules. Not quite running right due to dodgy fuel pump. Road legal - if we bothered taxing it. These photos were just taken as it was out the garage - needed a wash but it wasnt dry enough.
Well after a phone call to see where my exhaust was :sad2: i decided i might as well get the valance on the car. so much for a ruddy 10 minute job took about an hour to get done. supposed to just be a case of undo a couple of bolts pull off and push new one on. ok bolts off and tryed to give it a pull. nothing ended up having to remove the whole rear bumper to get it off. new one didnt line up properly thinking i may have been given a golf one rather than a bora one (will check part numbers later) had to take the hacksaw to some of the groves to make them 1/4" longer to get them in ohh well parts on front one is now in the dining room ready for primer the tailpipes now looking rather sorry for themselves hopefully...
The really nice chaps at Talon Sportscars are building me my new toy. It's called a Talon 100R. It's basically a Rover 100 with knobs on, lots of knobs :blink: So heres the specification. Re-Welded Floor Pans and Sills Fully Welded 6-Point Roll-Cage with Door Bars and Diagonal 143BHP 1.8 VVC Engine with PG1 Gearbox (Type C Gearset) Quaife Torque Biasing Limited Slip Differential Fibreglass Bonnet Perspex Windows Side & rear New Clutch and Release Bearing 2 Core High Capacity Radiator Front and Rear Anti-Rollbars GTi Vented Front Discs and Calipers 14" Alloy Wheels with Toyo Proxes T1R Tyres A set of GTI rims for track days Individualised and modified hydragas units New Custom Designed side exit Exhaust Fibreglass Rear...
RECENTLY BOUGHT THIS NOVA AS A STANDARD BORING OLD 1.2 , I HAVE ALREADY STARTED WORK ON IT THOU.... I HAVE LOWERED IT BY 100MM, NICE SET OF BLACK 14 INCH RIMS, NEW UPRATED FRONT BRAKES, , NEW ANTI ROLL BAR FRM A GSI, FULL BODY RESRAY, FRONT GRILL, FRONT BUMPER FRM A NOVA SR, BACK BUMPER FRM AN SRI LOL( I LIKE TO BE DIFFRENT) IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS I AM PUTTIN A 1.6 GSI ENGINE IN IT AND STRIPPING IT OUT AND FITTING A BUCKET SEAT... TELL ME WHAT U THINK NOVAS AINT EVERYS CUP OF TEA BUT IVE ALWAYS LIKED THEM ALREDI PUT QUITE ALOT OF WORK INTO THIS BUT PLENTLY MORE TO COME.... I WILL POST MORE PICS UP WEN THE NEW GSI LUMP IS IN! :mrgreen::cool::mrgreen::cool:
Hey guys. Long time no see! I've had the busiest year of my life - but also the best. I've got myself a new job, a new girl and yesterday, I got this: *EDIT: fixed the image* 2000, 140bhp, 125lb-ft, 127mph. A slight step up from the 1.4 8v Fabia, I feel :-D You may be seeing a little more of me around these parts! Hope you've all been well!
CHECK THA SHIZ!!!!! ok pics not too good :) ill get some in the day light tomorrow :D it actually is surprisingly quick! anyway down to buisness! no mods atm! gettin some black angel eyes for bday - just seen that they are in production rear LED Techno lights 18" alloys Full exhaust system Induction kit (k+n) bodykit Brake Upgrades Full Susp Kit Gearbox Upgrade Then hopfully this time ish next year a big engine dump!!\ its ace to drive, the engine sound ace, exhaust doesnt though :) so ill get that done first, but i have to give 700 quid to my mum first though :( oh th insurance was only an extra 9 quid :lol: for the full year! i hope this thread is as popular as the last :) P.S. could you...
Ok, this is gonna be a diary of mods with step by steps of how i done them ect a few other forums do them and they are always good reads i havent done anything as of yet but i have a few pics. Ok, so what i have planned is a nice set of 17" black rims tinted windows light sound system upgraded brakes as the brakes are crap maybe an induction kit and a nice sounding exhaust. all very light mods im purly going for style as it is a 1.1 so i have no false hopes of power haha just want to make it nice inside. I may also strech to steal a GTi spoiler and leather bucket seats if they fit.
Hi guy's. In amongst my travels I've spotted a couple of scoobies with the touring car graphics on them. Now as I already have a few bits on my car from Cusco, I wanted to apply the graphics on my car. They have cost me £90 for the full set of graphics (23 in total). So i have had a play in my graphics program to see what my car will look like with them on. Now bear in mind i've only added the main part of the stickers and not the sponsors. But what do you guys reckon? (it is a pic of my car by the way ;) ) Oh and i've added a red rim on the alloyes ;)
Hi all, Thought you might like to see our latest hillclimb project, the world first Smart City Coupe with a 2 ltr MR2 engine and box (as far as we know). It's up and running and should be out on the Midland hills next year. http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Pitcheroak/Devil?authkey=KoXejGki4gs# Cheers Pam and Jim

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back