Piggyback ecu!

Hi all, 2008 Suzuki Swift 1.5 Petrol

My Suzuki Swift is in need of some more performance, It's all ready fitted with k&n induction kit and longlife cat back exhausts.

I've read loads of coments on the best things to increase performance on the Swift. I keep reading that the k&n induction isn't the best for my car, I've read that the best is either hks suction kit or R's sports cleaner.

Also because my Swift is the 1.5 it's best to get a piggyback ecu fitted then after you've got exhaust, induction, piggyback eg. then only should you get it mapped, otherwise the mods that I do won't help much.

Does anyone have any advice that could help increase my performance without forking out for a turbo or supercharger.
ie, products,prices,websites e.g?? Im looking to gain about 20+more bhp

Thanks peeps for all your help and soz it's abit long winded

Attachments

• Swift 8.jpg
    Swift 8.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 4
any small mod such as the intake and cat back can be componsated my the ECU but not much gain really.

other mods to look at are :
exhaust manifold
sports or decat
higher lift cams
gas flowed head
then mapping

you might see 20bhp with this

Chances are you can get the standard ECU mapped and won't need a piggyback. An extra 20bhp is obtainable but it won't be free. You're looking at a good Cold-air induction kit (BMC CDA etc), good manifold and full exhaust with decat or sports cat (milltek etc), mild cams and a good custom remap. You're probably looking at nearly £1500 for half-decent stuff not including labour.

Another option to make your car quicker is to lose some weight. Strip out what you can cope with day-to-day, spare wheel etc, lightweight wheels, lightweight battery....

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back