rover200 weight loss plan

trying to lose as much as poss plus around 220+ bhp,am i no hurry
and keep changing my mind so hear goes.
door locks have gone and door /boot rubber seals + side windows that was just over 15kg's hope to get the rear window out today should be good for 10kg's.
looks like a 2.0 mondao engine is going in place of the 14. and she will be 4wheel drive, rad will be in the back . were the rear side windows was may make some air ducks/scoops to flow air to the rad and then out the rear window. doors welded up.spare tyer well will be cut out and a sheet of ally in place. may only have the 1 drivers seat to keep weight down.power steering rack can come out today that should save a bit more

Attachments

• carupload6.JPG
    carupload6.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 10
  • caruplload11.JPG
    caruplload11.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 8
  • carupload9.JPG
    carupload9.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 11
  • carupload10.JPG
    carupload10.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 12
  • carupload12.JPG
    carupload12.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I tell a lie. I have 2 engines ;)
Here's a couple of pics of one of them.
3113642566_165496aafa.jpg

3112809965_764383a098.jpg

are thy the 2.0lt have been told there is a 2.5 that would be niceeeee.
turbo sounds better every day what sore of power out put from your engine? and what could the 2.5 be as standard

are thy the 2.0lt have been told there is a 2.5 that would be niceeeee.
turbo sounds better every day what sore of power out put from your engine? and what could the 2.5 be as standard

Mine is 200bhp from the factory. And yes look at the pic on the inlet manifold.
The 2.5 isn't turbo'd and only produces 172bhp.

Mine is 200bhp from the factory. And yes look at the pic on the inlet manifold.
The 2.5 isn't turbo'd and only produces 172bhp.

172 sweeeeeet need to get one of them. so 250 should not be too hard ..cheers

with 250 and 900kg's could be looking @
Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 250
Weight without Driver (KG) : 900
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 282.24
0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.67
0 - 100 (Secs) : 11.04
60 - 100 (Secs) : 6.37
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.02
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 108.58
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.82
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 110.60

Last edited:
Good stuff, this is what I like to see. Why weld the doors up though? Seems like a pointless exercise?
all ways make hard work of everything. to de seam it and add a bit of strenght. just broke the rear window opp's on the bright side it saves a few kg's ha ha.

:lol: Where you getting your polycarb windows from? Hoep you're weighing everything! Swapping the PAS for a non-PAS rack?
yes will swap rack. as for weighing every thing started for good but carpets and other things was to tricky but under 900kg's

Last edited:
Hi all, just a quick note to say this thread has been moved to our new projects/wip forum within the gallery.

weight of door is 20+ kg hopefully will get it down to 8kg's so 2x 12kg's = 24kg's off both doors. will also make own ally exuast, well about 60% will be ally. and may come out of front bottom wing or door why go through the lenght of car will save loads here

door came in at 3.5 kg much less than i thought, 16.5kg's lost per door
having a tea break then will get some pictures

Last edited:
not very good pictures

Attachments

• Picture 354.jpg
    Picture 354.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
you got too be joke-ing everyting i get i chop have killed a goood few motors in my time but havce made some show winners too never plan just take on new challanges every day . more fun that way.opps next doors girl friend has just split up long story BUT i saw her first lol, i now have forgot what we were talking about lol x 9/of 37 ..o yes turbo nutter ,, it's coming on crap but dont have much time to spend on her

put the back axel of xr3i on today looks a little odd but needs some more work. now got 17s on rear . and a bit of weight loss on rocker cover

Attachments

• Picture 372.jpg
    Picture 372.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 381.jpg
    Picture 381.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 6
What do you plan to use this car for?

Pass, keep changing my mind to be honest. i think i just need something to do and have a thing for weight loss lol. but would like to race it in some shape or form and may try for a mot later

Fair play, good enough reason as any. :bigsmile:
If you're still after engine idea's I know of a place selling adapter plates so you can fit a VAG 20V turbo engines to a PG1 gearbox. :twisted:

All that pedantic weight loss and you stick stupid big 17's on it? Oops. Unsprung weight as well. Might as well stick some ballasts in for a laugh :amuse:

seems we have another case of carnorexia

weres old git when you need him lol

good thread mate but whats your target use for the vehicle something this extreme must have a goal

seems we have another case of carnorexia

weres old git when you need him lol

good thread mate but whats your target use for the vehicle something this extreme must have a goal
just gives me something to do would like 900kg/360+bhp for now

nice would defintly fly

im hoping to hit the 1000kg with about 850 at the hubs. its so easy to put the weight back on though you proper have to watch what your taking out and in. as old git said to me set your targets and stick to them

Car is coming down lots ,but can't call it a car as not a lot left. and want her under 28inch hight.

A few pictures, have not updated for some time

Attachments

• dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 5
  • flycover1.JPG
    flycover1.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 4
  • new5.JPG
    new5.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 4
  • new6.JPG
    new6.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 9

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back