Octy Mk2 VRS - devil fuelled

OK thought id better get this started seeing as the bora has now gone to car heaven

only one pic of the car the now as not had the time or the weather to get the car properly cleaned up

utf-8BR2F0ZXNoZWFkLTIwMTExMTE5LTAwMDk3LmpwZw.jpg

1 2009 VRS TDI CR. decided to go with the newer CR engine rather than the older PD engines as there seem to be more issues with the DPF on the PD engines as they produce too much smoke and were never designed to run alongside the DPF. there was also the good old injector issues as with the 1.9 PD engine - for those who dont know the 2nd pump in the PD engines is the injector itself.

some work needs done so as its still under warranty then its going into skoda next friday to get looked at. central locking within the car doesnt work and the rear wiper is more temperamental than a woman. it works when its dry but when wet then its a no go, apparently this is a common issue and the best advise is to rip it off and plug the hole up.

OK plans for the car
not that many in reality as this car will be staying nearly standard.

1) remember the w8 interior light in the bora. well the red backlit switches wouldnt go well with the skoda green so one Superb light has been ordered after some difficulty with the parts dept - couldnt give them a reg so they weren't willing to order it up incase it didnt fit. Just need to get some more matt black spray paint then fit
should light up the interior a bit more as its pitch black when driving

2) seat cupra splitter - still not 100% sold on this, does look good

3) set of R32 brakes sitting waiting to be painted from Blue to red, also need to order up the longer brake lines and splash shields. this isnt a massive brembo swap like on the bora simply increasing the piston from 57mm to 59mm and disc size from 312mm to 345mm.

4) Head unit swapped from the standard to the sat nav one if i can find a decently priced one.

5) Pressed plates to get rid of the dealer ones

6) ohh of course a remap ;)

Looks very nice mate. I'm considering chopping the Fez in for one of these now tbh, but at the same time I'm meant to be saving and I can't see ANYTHING remotely decent being anywhere near as cheap to run as the Fez so I'm caught in a catch 22 lol.

Plans sounds excellent, probably do most of the same myself!

PG, I used to think you were cool.

How long to you think you will drive ''damion'' for?

Bloody Skoda's. How dere they force them selves on you like that. :(

Nice car and nice plans!
Can I ask what hapen to Bora? :(

If it was on TC I mist it.

Got any plans with suspension or you feel like stock suits better to a sedan?

Oh!:(

I see! Must say that your Bora got my attention when join the forum. Hope you will be happy with Octi, mate!

Will the carputer be making a re-appearance?

Nah. the carputer has a new job as my home server and to be honest it im loving having the radio back. looking at something like a tablet for internet access and the internal satnav for the nav, radio and videos

PG, I used to think you were cool.

How long to you think you will drive ''damion'' for?

Bloody Skoda's. How dere they force them selves on you like that. :(

:D did look at similar A3s but the cost was stupid £15k for a 57 plate. as for how long, probably a good few years :)

the suspension will be staying the same, its alot better handling than the bora and pretty firm as it is. might look at a rear anti roll bar.

the other mod that i did forget about which will happen quickly is the forge short shifter which i managed to get off the bora

OK cars still not been washed properly however 1st mod is finally done and one half done

Interior light has been sprayed and harness made up for it, just need to get to find the colour of the wiring for the lights to come on.

forgot the camera so its camera phone pics and none fitted as it was getting rather wet.

will get more on friday if its decent enough to wash

callipers from a low mileage R32 - same as used on S3, S4 and Cupra FR

just slightly bigger

DumfriesandGalloway-20120110-00137.jpg

also had a look to see how easy i could fit the short shifter, lot more work on the octy as the air box and battery will have to come out as a minimum and couldnt be bothered doing that in the rain

It's not taken long to get the mods started. I've sort of lost track of your cars for a bit as I've not been on much lately! Glad you are happy and back on the road following the accident.

I think you'll like this, I bet you're noticing a fuel saving already.

Aha! Picture didn't load for me earlier hence my question on FB. Fair bit bigger eh, should look good under the wheels. Still think 4 or 6 pots would be better.

yeah just a little averaging 42 in this against the 29 i had been getting in the bora.
even a fun drive to a mates tonight still got me 33 where as id been in low 20s.
not really noticed the fuel saving as using it more so still spending the same atm

had a few issues fixed under warranty by skoda rear wiper and central locking

the brakes i actually had before i got the car, was looking at these and the jettas as a replacement and the main issue was the brakes werent great for the car.
short shifter was removed from the bora so already had it sitting
interior light is ready to go in just didnt have the wire colour to wire up the illumination but hopefully i will get it fitted friday

aye i think photobucket was playing up before as it uploaded them but when i opened them up to get the links the photos wouldn't load.
the 6 pots would have meant new wheels as they wouldn't have fitted under the 18s
saying that in the summer they will need to be changed for a while as the standards need refurbed - laquars peeling on one and 2 have been kerbed by the previous owner
but yeah they fill out the wheels very nicely,

if its dry friday pics will be taken after i start polishing, be nice to get rid of the swirls as you can see them under streetlights its starting to annoy me

Ok washed today - i must be nuts -1 when i started at 10 and only 1 degree when i finished around half 2.

Al let the pictures do the talking to begin with

_MG_5446_1.jpg

nope that isnt a massive dent its a reflection of the sky dish.
but yes that is the windscreen frozen yet again for the 4th time since i started

_MG_5447.jpg

_MG_5443.jpg

_MG_5448.jpg
_MG_5451.jpg

_MG_5453.jpg
_MG_5445.jpg

washing procedure.

Hosed down just with water - yup most of the car frozen within about 5 mins
went round the car using a pump sprayer with very hot water and a strong mix of citus pre wash and APC. and allowed this to soak while i cleaned up the wheels.
Wheels cleaned using a 10:1 solution of Autosmart wheel cleaner and a wheel brush.
Car was then pressure washed clean
lower half of the car treated with tardis to remove tar
and washed using the 2bm again with a mix of citrus prewash and apc
quickly went around with some clay - had been done quickly a few weeks ago so wasnt expecting much.
rinsed off and dried.

then attacked with the polisher.
Using meguires 205 polish - really this is a finishing polish but is really nice to work with as its non diminishing so it doesnt really have a work time, it works but pad selection and pressure applied - and a polishing pad.
couple of areas were hit with a little intensive polish as well due to heavier swirling.
all polish residue cleaned off
then hit again with a finishing pad and some chemical guys mirror wet finish for some protection. seeing as im out of 1000p so will have a chance to see how durable this stuff is.
and again buffed off with some microfibre cloths.

And one of the brakes

_MG_5450.jpg

they fill out the 18s quite nicely

cheers guys very happy with how much the paints came up, theres a few stone chips and deeper scratches to fix at some point but i think theyll wait to summer

lots of coffee and running hot water in the garage helps greatly, going to fix it up to a mixer tap at somepoint so i can use it in the pressure washer.

interior light is also in but going to have to come back out for a little mod as i now have to have the sunglasses holder open as the new lights connector produdes too far back and wont allow it to close. so the wires are going to get soldered directly onto the pins and a molex connector further up

interior light is now in after the connector was cut off and wires soldered directly onto the pins. didnt bother with the molex connector and just connected up the new wires to the older wiring loom, also had to drill some new holes for the screws as they didnt match up.

hoping to get the short shifter fitted on tuesday with any luck.

well small update.

the car didnt really like the 1000 miles in a couple of days to an extent.
check engine came up and glow plug light started flashing at me about halfway up the M6 light flashed a few times then went out.
had a wee play with torque on the tablet and showing as a exhaust gas temp issue so going to phone skoda as they might as well fix it under warranty.
as for the program ether its slightly off of the car is severely down on power.

on the plus side since the long run economy has shot up, trip where i was getting low 40s beforehand im now up to high 40s low 50s.

short shifter still hasnt been fitted yet :(

soon, just need a decent day to do it on. its not looking like a 1/2hr job like on the bora as a shed load of stuff needs to come out. airbox, battery, fusebox at a minimum. and i cant be bothered when its this cold

have another week off in march so itll be done then if not before

soon, just need a decent day to do it on. its not looking like a 1/2hr job like on the bora as a shed load of stuff needs to come out. airbox, battery, fusebox at a minimum. and i cant be bothered when its this cold

have another week off in march so itll be done then if not before

Thought you scots were use to the cold. :p

PG, should PM you but have had half a bottle of Vod and having trouble seeing after my 4 months dry. ;)

Just got back and my baby back and the roof is a little faded. No point polishing, what is the best thing to do to get colour back? MA if you have any ideas too, would be helpfull thanks! :D

As I know you are the guys in the know.

As with most reds Palma red is just as bad for fading, but it's single stage so all it will probably need is a light polish by DA, you might get away with it by hand but it'll be hard work then use a couple of layers of UV resistant wax to help prevent it happenning again. Be careful though paint on these is thin and soft.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back