Diesel exhaust systems

orca1911

Tuner
From
Canada
Car
Peugeot 206
You really made a good project there, the more time goes by the more im thinking of an engine swap for mine. Apparently it's much easier and cheaper than upgrading and more rewarding, there's even the possibility of adding a turbo to it, the thought of a small car with easy 250hp just makes me smile a lot :D

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
Go for it..don’t consider the cost because you’ll never get it back!..it’s all about the enjoyment it brings to you :)...I’ve spent thousands on mine but she’s still got plenty of years left in her yet and when I do feel it’s time to get something else I’ll give her to my son so she stays in the family..:)

orca1911

Tuner
From
Canada
Car
Peugeot 206
It's more of the line of not having that much of a budget rather than getting it back lol i want to keep it forever until death do us part at this point :D

Greg1990

Torque Junkie
From
Pontefract
Car
S40 2.0D SE sport
Well in that case spend what you can...I’ve spent more on modifications than what the car actually cost but I did get it at a very low price as I bought it off my best friend ...its all about enjoyment..not cost.. :)

orca1911

Tuner
From
Canada
Car
Peugeot 206
My limited time, budget and inability to find a place i can trust with even the basics of body/engine work leaves me to my own two hands so i opted out for a simpler approach, engine swap and suspension upgrade, that much i can do alone with maybe some help of my friends with the heavy bits just for safety. For the time being im more focused on the details like wiring and the legalities of the modifications, good thing is that there is a plethora of parts out there so im not in a hurry, yet :D

Fabia12

Tuner
From
Lincoln
Car
Fabia Monte Carlo
I often wonder if it's possible to upgrade the exhaust system to a better flowing one without making my car into one of those rolling coal type of mess on the road? (huge black cloud as soon as you push the gas pedal)

I'd be interested in some examples of diesel exhaust systems done right and where to find them/buy them (for regular cars not trucks in my case).

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated :)
An often overlooked scenario with diesel engines is they are rarely worked hard enough, and the result is a build up of carbon which settles in the exhaust as sticky powder. When the vehicle is eventually accelerated hard this carbon is burned out and exudes as the cloud of black smoke. A regular treatment of diesel cleaner and a good hard, hot run once a week helps to prevent the dreaded cloud of doom. The exhaust system needs to get upto or beyond 400 degrees to burn the carbon out. Done regularly it will help loads. Run in say third on the motorway for a few miles to really get the exhaust temperature up. Once cleaned out, a regular run is all that's required usually.

orca1911

Tuner
From
Canada
Car
Peugeot 206
Completely forgot about the lazy driving one does in a city, thats a nice opportunity to clog up everything that way even though your car might be in mint condition overall.