Torque Cars

Diesel exhaust systems

Discussion in 'Diesel Chat' started by orca1911, 20 April 2019.

Tags:
  1. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Anything above 2 bar!!..lol..when it comes to turbos it’s all about what you want..with mine I told them I wanted an hybrid which looks exactly like the standard turbo but has larger/stronger internals with double vained impellers meaning more boost that shouldn’t go beyond the capabilities of the stock internals albeit the intercooler...you tell em what your expectations are and they will tell you what you need.. :)

2. orca1911

orca1911 Wrench Pro

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    Its hard not to envy on your luck to meet the right people, every time i as a customer come to a random company or similar asking for a service i just get the worst treatment regardless of what it is. It's like im a scam magnet even for the good businesses (guinea pig for the "bad" in general).

3. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    I guess I am fairly fortunate to know people when it comes to the car..that old adage again..”it’s not what you know,its who you know “...lol

4. orca1911

orca1911 Wrench Pro

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    It's a shame honestly that i still haven't found some tuning shop i can trust + the mild discrimination of owning the most boi-ricer car in history doesn't really help me get serious answers from people, especially since 90% of the mods cost like the car itself lol.

5. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    lol..I don’t have that problem..here in England Volvo drivers are perceived has old men who are past it and the cars themselves not very sporting!...The AudI and BMW crew can’t believe their eyes when they look in their rear view mirror and all they can see is my number plate ..so funny lol..
    Don’t bring cost into it!...if you like the car then spend some dollar cos you’ll be the one enjoying it..My mate thinks I’m daft putting money into my Volvo but I like the car..he thinks I should invest in a BMW535 twin turbo diesel..they’re just short of 300BHP standard and there’s a bloke in Scotland who can get well over 500BHP and over 700ftlb of torque out of them making them a M5 destroyer..but those cars are known for being fast whereas my Volvo isn’t..:)

6. orca1911

orca1911 Wrench Pro

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    I just feel its unfair to give up on your favorite car just because it doesnt fit into the generic sleeper/tuner/racer profile. After constantly being shut down on multiple occasions by tuning garages for the same reason you said "why invest in that junk" i just gave up.

I really like my car and it's in really good condition, i just want to keep it until it falls apart with no chance of repair. My brother used to work in a garage really far from me and ill contact them to see if they can help me out sometime in the future. No rest for the wicked i guess lol

7. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    I’m sure you’ll get sorted.. :)

8. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    We ended up with 191BHP which was a bit of a letdown but comparing the new power curve with the old one we got more than +40BHP from 3,250RPM upward..the hybrid turbo was maxing the map sensor out,we have found an upgraded sensor which will allow more boost so we should see over 220BHP when we get that fitted?..The journey continues..lol

9. orca1911

orca1911 Wrench Pro

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    Oh niice, when will that sensor arrive?

10. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Should arrive anytime now..The biggest issue will be getting back on the dyno because he gets booked solid!..uff

11. orca1911

orca1911 Wrench Pro

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    lol how long do you have to wait to book the dyno?

12. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Don’t know yet..when the map sensor arrives and fits as hoped without any modifications then I’ll book her in..

13. orca1911

orca1911 Wrench Pro

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    I feel dumb for being excited as if its my car in question :D

Greg1990 likes this.
  14. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Well she’s been remapped..bitter sweet to be honest..Only made 200BHP!..the fuel pump was maxing out after 4000RPM!..we need a bigger fuel pump..surprisingly the injectors were well below tolerance?...so the journey continues.. lol..

obi_waynne likes this.
  15. orca1911

orca1911 Wrench Pro

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    LoL, out of all the parts, what injectors are you using btw? Is the fuel pump the stock one?

16. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    Stock injectors and stock fuel pump...I’m told there is a bigger fuel pump out there that was fitted to a big engined Isuzu 4x4 that Will fit directly?...apparently?..lol..

17. orca1911

orca1911 Wrench Pro

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    Will you fit it or are you satisfied with the current results?

18. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    What do you think?...of course I’m going to find one!..lol..I would even consider having one made if push comes to shove..it’s like Alison in wonderland...”how far down does the rabbit hole go “..lol.. :)

obi_waynne and Lunchmoney like this.
  19. orca1911

orca1911 Wrench Pro

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    lol, would you do me a favor and record the sound/acceleration of the newly modified car?

20. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    I’m not very computer literate?..I wouldn’t know how to upload it if I could..lol..it sounds good though,not too aggressive..Then other half doesn’t complain so it can’t be that bad?.. :)

21. orca1911

orca1911 Wrench Pro

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    I just remembered something, there is black smoke from bad tuning and too rich fuel to air ratio but i saw black goo/watery something from straight piped diesel cars that are somewhat modified. It tends to fly out of the exhaust like the cars way of coughing out blood... Is that a future issue or just plain water mixed with exhaust gases?

22. Greg1990

Greg1990 Tuner

Pontefract
    Car:
    S40 2.0D SE sport
    No idea on that one?..mine certainly doesn’t spew any goo or any other substance out the back of the exhaust?..lol..

23. orca1911

orca1911 Wrench Pro

Canada
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 HDI
    Figured something like that would be wrong... Sometimes i feel like if people would be more mindful of their car tuning, especially diesel cars, they wouldn't be on a bad rep mostly.

Greg1990 likes this.