The new Project.....

Right lets see if this works. Here's a couple of pics of the 620ti....:bigsmile:
If this works there will be more to follow...

Attachments

• 15122008044.jpg
    15122008044.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 15122008045.jpg
    15122008045.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 16122008049.jpg
    16122008049.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 16122008048.jpg
    16122008048.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 15
see what you meant about the air filter needing a wash

Yeah it was pretty bad I've cleaned it now it's not great but it must be suckin better now I've took all the poor fly's out of the mesh lol. Will do it again soon but I will be replacing it january some time so it's ok for the minute. The breather filters where just as dirty but they've come up a treat...:D First I'm gonna make my way round the engine an clean it up then think about modding it.

Bought a boost gauge yesterday so I've fitted that today as well as putting the head unit in out of the Primera. Will get pics up soon. Next job is the subs and amps...Oh joy...

It looks like its been lowered. Has it?

Good eyes. Yep I forgot to mention that it has been lowered as well..:D
I think it's just springs though. I've not investigated fully yet. But things are gonna get replaced next year so it doesn't matter really. The engine as far as I can say is mint. Theres no smoke what so ever on start up or while warm. It pulls clean in all gears. Turbo spools up well etc.. But as of yet I can't say I've heard the rad fans going but I'm gonna investigate this soon. I have drove it round and it doesn't overheat at all? But yeah it's not a bad car the body work is tatty but that can be repaired :D

Nice ride mate. You can see what supsension it has by jacking it up and looking underneath. What's the overall plan then? Sleeper? Show car? All rounder?

Tested the engine fans today and they are working :D Also had a quick look around car the springs are Spax I think. Also went over the car with the jet wash to get a bit of muck off and also to tidy wheels up a bit. I was going to wash it properly but didn't bother. Took a couple of pics after going over it with the jet wash....And also pics of the boost gauge..:D

Attachments

• 22122008010.jpg
    22122008010.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 22122008009.jpg
    22122008009.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 22122008011.jpg
    22122008011.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 6
  • 22122008012.jpg
    22122008012.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 4
Nice ride mate. You can see what supsension it has by jacking it up and looking underneath. What's the overall plan then? Sleeper? Show car? All rounder?

I'm unsure yet mate. I want to make it reliable before upping the power too much. But it's badged on the back as an Sli so it's a sleeper at the min. New headgasket and cam belt are first on the cards. Then I'm goona fit a bigger intercooler in the front bumper. But still thinking really.:D:D

I know my rovers too and i was just about to say buy the best head gasket you can get and get some fibreglass on the boost gauge lol hope you dont smoke nice position for a sleeper :D Oh and that would be a mint sleeper keep the rover rims i tried to find a set of them for my 400

I know my rovers too and i was just about to say buy the best head gasket you can get and get some fibreglass on the boost gauge lol hope you dont smoke nice position for a sleeper :D Oh and that would be a mint sleeper keep the rover rims i tried to find a set of them for my 400

I plan to eventually remove the ass tray holder. An put 3 gauges in its place. The wheels are staying on mate for now they look massive. But I might put my Primera wheels on for a while to get these refurbed. I may even powdercoat them black.:D:D:D I don't think these rims fit a 400 mate they are 17inch Vitesse wheels...

oh right i though you meant size i dunno maybe dont see why most rovers are the same shell arnt they ??

Edit: i mean the 400 for instance the 1.4 1.8 2.0 all have the same body because i put the bigger radiator from the 1.8 in my 1.4 and it fitted in unused holes.

oh right i though you meant size i dunno maybe dont see why most rovers are the same shell arnt they ??

Edit: i mean the 400 for instance the 1.4 1.8 2.0 all have the same body because i put the bigger radiator from the 1.8 in my 1.4 and it fitted in unused holes.

I dunno mate but I had a Rover 200 and bought some 620ti rims for it only for them not to fit.:( The pcd is different and I think the 200 and the 400 are the same mate.

The 800 had an identical looking set of wheels to the 220 just bigger but in reality the PCD was also larger! I wonder how many people thats caught out!

The 800 had an identical looking set of wheels to the 220 just bigger but in reality the PCD was also larger! I wonder how many people thats caught out!

It did me with my 200. Bought the 620ti wheels only to find out they didn't fit. Thats why I posted the link up for everyone to check their pcd's when buyin new wheels. Wish i'd done this first....

why not get enclose one if you are going for a sleeper look then there wouldnt be so much roar as my rover had alot of roar going by that plus it would be alot better imo ??

why not get enclose one if you are going for a sleeper look then there wouldnt be so much roar as my rover had alot of roar going by that plus it would be alot better imo ??

I'd rather have the roar if i'm honest. The body is staying standard and the wheels but not the engine. Do the enclosed work with a turbo???

hi turbo nutter like the rover thats could be a real good sleeper,its real engish gangster look,its liki something four burly bouncers would get out of with sawn offs,you should throw a turbo in there,ou could fabricate a lovely twin exit exhaust or have you already done it?i knoe you said you were thinking of doing a jap style.

hi turbo nutter like the rover thats could be a real good sleeper,its real engish gangster look,its liki something four burly bouncers would get out of with sawn offs,you should throw a turbo in there,ou could fabricate a lovely twin exit exhaust or have you already done it?i knoe you said you were thinking of doing a jap style.

The car is already Turbo from the factory mate. The bodywork is staying standard and i'm gonna focus on the engine for now.....It's getting the blacked out windows next year sometime mate ....:D
Cheers anyway buddy i'm glad you like it :D:D

2.0 t from factory! she must be thumpin out over 200 horsys,whats next? you should do the down pipe and decat pipe,always a good one for power gain but in my opinion if your doing that get van afetrmarket ecu and tweak it to run with the new pipe because as im finding(it may be my imagination)i think the boost is dying out in the legacy,doesnt feel the same kik(maybe because theres more mid range and the powers now more spread out through the rev range)but im getting the apexi power fc so the plan is to teak it properly on a dyno

Yeah it 200bhp standard so it's pretty quick. The first thing is head gasket and cam belt followed by a service then the modding can begin. It's already got a de-cat and a cat back exhaust with a K&N and a dump valve but more is planned for next year......:D:D:D:D

You sould send it to get port polished and maybe bored out while your having the rest of the work done,what about a bigger turbo of a crashed scooby or audi quatro and then maybe upgraded ecu? Imagine that beast at 300 bhp!! Did you know autocar tested a stock one of your car and found it to be as quik in mid range as a ford saphire cosworth. Twin cam 16 valve block thats just like a scooby ej20 blok.its the ultimate sleeper that car and no reason why it shudnt hold its own against scoobys,front or rear wheel drive?have you thought of a four wheel drive conversion??

hehe mad sleeper it will be oh and about the enclosed intake its the same as a cone filter just basically in a box, so all it gets is cold air aslong as it can handle the air flow im sure that it would be fine it would be better than the one you have on now. Im sure stamford will clear this up and i think bigger turbo new tyres brakes and ecu remap are on the cars should push 300bhp i agree with above ^^^

I need to make it reliable before I up the power so that is the first step. An with regards the air filter if you ask me as long as you position an open filter right and get a good supply of cold air to it. ie cold air feed. It will work just as good as an enclosed 1. Like I say though provided it is positioned well with enough cold air it will work. I have just moved my filter away from the heat and could tell the difference straight away.......
Oh and the car is Fwd an no I wouldn't ever consider a 4wd conversion. It's just too much work to be done for this conversion......:D:D:D:D

If the car was Rwd then I might consider doing a 4wd conversion as it would already have the prop shaft tunnel. But it would just be too much work to convert a Fwd car to 4wd. I'm not up for that amount of work.:D

It is alot of work alright, not for the fainthearted! I'm going to convert the Citroen AX I have into a mid-engine rwd, not sure on the engine as it. Still on the lookout for a suitable donor.

Converting yours to 4wd will mean a transfer box etc that would mate to the T series or a custom bellhousing etc.