Road safety and Green campaigners.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which would you say is the biggest annoyance to the modern motorist? The greenies or the road safety campaigners?

I think road safety campaigners should concentrate on increasing traffic flow rather than slowing it up and this would also be a good aim for the greenies? By working together these 2 groups could potentially improve our roads.

Both should focus on improving drivers skills, reducing tailgating and increasing anticipation skills.

What do you think they should focus their efforts on though?

the greenies are the biggest problem i think. road around here arnt bad so theres next to no congestion.
however its the greens that have allowed the govt to put up road tax.

The greens need to understand that you can't go around saving planets whilst starving the people that live on them with ever rising fuel and food prices.

Road safety campaigners are a menace because they only look at one thing. Speed. In my opinion the lower speeds campaigners often are very poor drivers themselves with next to nil anticipation and forethought.

As for the green thing. Well - there's only so much damage mankind can do because when all the coal, oil and gas is used up we'll have nothing left to pollute the planet with!

And they'd be bitterly disappointed if anyone proved that climate change doesn't actually exist. Which I think to be the case anyway.

me to us poc boys trans am club try and do are bit for the climate driving the trans ams when we can i have even but mine a bit rich to help but still it rains we are not trying :bigsmile::bigsmile:

so thats my view lol

And they'd be bitterly disappointed if anyone proved that climate change doesn't actually exist. Which I think to be the case anyway.

mate imho climate change does exist and as humans we have contributed to it but we are not the full cause. In all reality it is down to mother nature when she wants to change anything like a wise man said to me in the pub after 5 pints of stella man wasnt causing pollution just before the ice age so what caused that ?? answer mother nature exactly whats happening now !!

They literally have 'road safety camera in testing' on the side. Some of them are pointed towards the traffic, some to the side. I can only assume that they record footage and can then be used to prosecute dangerous drivers. I was curious so I pulled into the left hand lane just to have a look. They looked kinda pointless to me, especially as it seemed like nobody payed any attention to them!

Issuing drivers with penalties for tailgating sounds like a good idea to me. - BUT what if the car in front brakes just as you approach - I'd feel happier if the traffic was properly monitored by someone with discresion rather than another auto revenue sorry ticket generating machine taking over!