my leon cupra

i was originally planning selling the leon but after doing an online valuation and looking on autotrader my car has dropped in value by a £1000 within a year :amazed: plus the £3000+ i have spent on it so i have decided im keeping her and going the full hog and making her even better

engine wise i am with the performance at the moment but in the future the next step would be a turbo upgrade but this wont happen for a long time yet

so im going to be looking at spending my money on looks and handling this is what im aiming for on the front i have received the light eyebrows just waiting for the grills to turn up then will decide about the lower splitter then its of to a mate of a mate for colour coding and judging from my mates car the bloke does a good job and all for the price of £200 wich sounds pretty good to me :D

IMG%5D

and when i can find the time i will finish my wheels off these are the few changes ive made so far
when i bought them

then changed the inserts and centre cap black

then after putting them on the car realised they were to bling for my liking so changed them again to this body coloured with gloss inserts and matt faces not the best pic but i think you can get the general idea

and then being over fussy their was some orange peel on 2 of the wheels so rubbed them down as gentle as i could did th first 1 perfect but on the 2nd rubbed a bit to far and down to the primer so instead of going through the hassle of all the masking up again i decided just to go for a black gloss finish and this is how they sit in the garage at the minute awaiting a few more coats of lacquer

IMG%5D

also i looked on ebay last night and couldnt find any center caps so i was thinking maybe using a lime green vinyl for the green s. only down side is i have no idea if the lime green sold on ebay will even be remotely close to the green on the inserts
mmmm quandary any other ideas????

Stop faffing just spray some flat centre caps black and get some green "S" stickers made up ;)

i did think of this cause i still have the vw center caps that came with the wheels;)
but i like the s recessed in to the cap!!
but cheers for the suggestion much appreciated!!!!!

I have a some hair brained ideas :embarrest:

Lightly coat the part in wax & carefully remove the wax in the logo with a modelling knife & paint as normal. Or paint the whole part snot ape green, fill the logo with wax & then spray black?

or,

Spray the paint directly into the lid & use some fine art brushes to paint in the logo by hand.

or,

Mask it again but use a cheap hobby airbrush (the ones you can find in model shops that run of a small can of air), the airbrush will allow you more control on the paint delivery.

or,

Get someone else to do it for you! Take the caps down to a GamesWorkshop & ask one of the staff to paint them, these guys paint models & figures in fantastic detail, so filling in a logo should be no trouble at all. :bigsmile:

Last edited:
I have a some hair brained ideas :embarrest:

Lightly coat the part in wax & carefully remove the wax in the logo with a modelling knife & paint as normal. Or paint the whole part snot ape green, fill the logo with wax & then spray black?

or,

Spray the paint directly into the lid & use some fine art brushes to paint in the logo by hand.

or,

Mask it again but use a cheap hobby airbrush (the ones you can find in model shops that run of a small can of air), the airbrush will allow you more control on the paint delivery.

or,

Get someone else to do it for you! Take the caps down to a GamesWorkshop & ask one of the staff to paint them, these guys paint models & figures in fantastic detail, so filling in a logo should be no trouble at all. :bigsmile:

Very good suggestions mate! This has got me thinking how about 1 of those touch up pens? They have a fine nib and will probably workB-)

I'm impressed mate. They look really good!

cheers much appreciated!!

Like the ones you get for stone chips? That would work & you should be able to match your colour too. :D

those are the type i was thinking
but after a bit of searching i couldnt get 1 in the custom colour so i have just ordered a 100ml pot of the colour and im going to attempt it by brush like you suggested (cheers!!!) i just hope my sign writing skills are still up to par:amuse:

next question is do i go the full hog and do the seat badge green and leave the inserts black, or do i do the opposite and be subtle and do the seat badge black and the inserts green???
DSC00111.jpg
DSC00112.jpg
what are peoples thoughts????

well ive done the badge green tonight lacquer it tomorrow, also ive touched up around the wheel nut holes cause the nut covers wouldnt go in the holes easily so when rubbing them down pretty much every hole some paint chipped of:sad2:
ive also flatted down all the green inserts so they are ready for buffing. but without really thinking:embarrest: i flatted down the proud black around the inserts so im going to have to be extra careful when buffing the wheels

my green paint arrived today
DSC00113.jpg
quite impressed considering the date on the tin was yesterday
icon6.gif

also lacquered the s
DSC00114.jpg
lacquering wise im so much more happy how this turned out over the wheels (still no idea what went wrong with them!!:confused:)

Wicked. Definately glad I made that decision on colour combination :lol:
yep cheers mate your contribution is always valued!!!:bigsmile:

well after lacquering the wheels and center caps i put them out side in the sun to dry off and they have been there ever since. just been and picked the center caps up so i can prime the s's and fooking birds:mad:
DSC00115.jpg
a bird has #!#!#!#!#! on 1 of the caps and it has melted the paint that much its going to have to be primed, topcoated and lacquered again
i know its not a biggy but the wheels would have been 100% finished tomorrow and on the car so very annoying!!
i just hope this is my friday the 13th bad luck out of the way:amuse:

I shouldn't but I actually just LOL'd. You must see the funny side too. That is really really bad luck! Shan't take long to re-do one centre cap shag. Finish them and spend the rest of the day outside shooting birds with an air rifle. Win!

I shouldn't but I actually just LOL'd. You must see the funny side too. That is really really bad luck! Shan't take long to re-do one centre cap shag. Finish them and spend the rest of the day outside shooting birds with an air rifle. Win!

glad to brighten up your day:D and yes i can see the funny side its just the pigeons round here are starting to take the p!ss! i really have no problem shooting pigeons but the wife does! i might have to look into falconry
icon3.gif

well this is no bull sht!!! but after typing the last post i though i would post a pic of the 2 pigeon imprints on our back window and say at least there are 2 less pigeons around our back garden

when i saw a hawk or a falcon in the back garden eating a pigeon and thought i would take a couple of pics and a vid
DSC00116.jpg
DSC00117.jpg
DSC00119.jpg
click for vid
random%20vids

how much of a coincidences is that

My God, what are the chances! Freaky friday 13th or what. Btw, you've revealed your wheels before the big unveiling, oops! And don't leave them out there you're asking for more bird do da!

My God, what are the chances! Freaky friday 13th or what. Btw, you've revealed your wheels before the big unveiling, oops! And don't leave them out there you're asking for more bird do da!

we have honestly never had a bird of prey in our garden before (that i know of) and i mention falconry on here and hey presto it happens mmmmm

oh magic thread let me win the lottery tomorrow:bigsmile:

and the wheels aren't really revealed they are the same as just after lacquering so no flatting apart from on the green or buffing yet so they will look alot better tomorrow;)

'S' Badge looks ace, can't believe the birds poo'ed on your wheel cap! :lol:
I've often found piles of feathers in the garden beore & I always thought it was the cat after the fat stoopid wood pidgeons, perhaps they were murdered by another larger bird too. :blink: Be careful what you wish for Herb, you must some sort of cyclic power. :bigsmile::lol:

Last edited:
'S' Badge looks ace, can't believe the birds poo'ed on your wheel cap! :lol:
I've often found piles of feathers in the garden beore & I always thought it was the cat after the fat stoopid wood pidgeons, perhaps they were murdered by another larger bird too. :blink: Becareful what you wish for Herb you must some sort of cyclic power. :bigsmile::lol:

the thing is this bird that killed the pigeon wasnt big! in the vid i shot you cant really tell! but it came back about 30 mins later, landed in the apple tree persude by 2 pigeons and in comparison it was tiny then it flew away again persued by the pigeons, but it came back again and picked the dead pigeon up landed in a tree at the bottom of the garden had its fill dropped the corpse and hasnt been seen since. its great watchin nature in action (i know im getting old and sad but i dont care!!!!:p)

just to add
magic thread let there be a metro outside my house tomorrow withe the logbook in my name:amuse:

well all didnt go as planned to get the wheels done saturday family commitments saturday and sunday. so i grabbed every bit of time i could to get them done and i have fitted them about an hr ago. the wheels are 95% complete and the center caps are now sitting in cellulose thinners being stripped back down to bare plastic and they are going black(dont ask!!:sad2:)
these are the best i can do pic wise till tomorrow
pic of all 4 buffed up
DSC00137.jpg
close up of 1
DSC00138.jpg
and a pic of 1 fitted
DSC00139.jpg

will get some pics up tomorrow of them in the daylight

Really nice work mate, it will be interesting to see what they look like when your rolling. Job well done!
thgood.gif

the night shot is good with the bright green

cheers lads i'm just glad they are 95% finished
but here is the bit i was dreading i dont actually like them on the car:embarrest:
they are getting me unwanted attention from the boy racers trying to race me and driving up my *rse . and i had 1 lad the other day wind his window down and tell me my wheels are sick (i presume he meant in the good way:amuse:) so im stuck in a pickle at the minuet cause i cant afford new tyres for the standard wheels (this was the major push at the end cause my standard wheels tyres where near there limit!) so i might see if i can do a swap of some sort?? (any other options people can think of??)

well heres a few pics of them in the day light with and without center caps
DSC00145.jpg
DSC00147.jpg
DSC00148.jpg
DSC00149.jpg

looking good herb.

the wheels i mean lmao.
you to mate
wink_kiss.gif

and cheers!!!!:lol:
leave them, they look good,

just ignore the idiots, and yes, he ment they look good, lol
cheers!!! i do like the wheels! im just not a fan of them on my car! i honestly think they would look better on a black golf than my leon!
but im stuck with them for the time being, perhaps they will grow on me who knows??

mot day today and it failed:sad2:
but on a + note it only failed on a brake light (done), and exhaust clamp (done) and a brake hose i pick a new 1 up tomorrow and im letting the garage do it this time! cause it failed on the same brake hose last year and it was a ball ache to bleed the system
sad.gif

i also removed the catch tank i didnt see the point in keeping it!! cause after 2 months this is all the oil it had caught.
DSC00151.jpg
and i did baffle it with wire wool but here was very little on that either!

it was a ball ache to bleed the system
sad.gif

i also removed the catch tank i didnt see the point in keeping it!! cause after 2 months this is all the oil it had caught.
View attachment 589
and i did baffle it with wire wool but here was very little on that either!

your right it is even more so ive your not quick enough and the abs runs dry :sad2:

i would ghave thought you would have caught more than that