My Evo Project. Official!

Hi there guy's. I have thought it time I started my own thread now rather than keep jumping into other peoples with questions.

Alot of you will know my planns.

Upgrade Cams
Adjustable Cam pullies
Larger Turbo housing
Remap

Carbon Front splitter
Carbon Exhaust guard
Spark cover (either AMS metal or carbon)

The cams are more or less settled. Either Brian Crower 268's or HKS 264's, im just waiting on the price difference.

The pullies are going to have to be pipers as they are the only preformance part I can find a pair for for less than £200

The turbo housing is on the cards. Just need to decide if there is a difference between wither one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...plitter&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

The exhaust guard is settled too.

Just need help with the front splitter as I have just noticed all the ''cheap'' ones on the bay of e have an import charge of £120 for delivery.

Also, as the top will be off, and cams getting fitted, is there anything els worth doing in the same project? Flywheel ect ect. Anything you can think off that will add an extra couple hundred quid to the project but will help the overall preformance of the car.

My budget for the whole thing is about £2000. And that includes the dyno run I want to do in Worcester on the 17th of March ;)

Quite the opposite with the cam, you don't really need to run it in as such but what you DO need to do is not let it idle whatsoever for the first 15 minutes (at least) or so as soon as the car is started, keep the revs steady at around 2k rpm. Load is high on the nose of the cam at low rpm so you'll fork it up before it's had chance to bed in if you let the car idle.

I'm sure your fitters will tell you the same/do this. If not, take it elsewhere.

Thanks MA, I suppose that's where they were at all the time, but I had to mention it just in case something had gone amiss! :)

Cheers Loz, MA.

Im sure when they are diling in the cams they have to run the engine, stop, do a tweek, then start again. The guys are Evo experts so wouldn't have thought they would swap em and rev the tits off strait away.

Well if your there when they start the remap BBJ, let us know the correct procedure so that we can pass it on to new members! ;)

Will do will do. I'm all excited. I am hoping myself for 380+ bhp, but if I see 400 then I will be over the moon. Less than 380 ill be a little dissapointed. :(
Ill be anoying the lads all day. I want to watch everything :toung:

I'll probably get sent away again (like last time I was there) :)

I'll be anoying the lads all day. I want to watch everything :toung:
I'll probably get sent away again (like last time I was there) :)

What? Do things the T9 way! Listen my friend, I am the customer and I am always right! I am holding the folding cash wise or credit card wise there is no problem with limits, so get on with the job on my baby and I will have another coffee and a blueberry muffin! :)

What? Do things the T9 way! Listen my friend, I am the customer and I am always right! I am holding the folding cash wise or credit card wise there is no problem with limits, so get on with the job on my baby and I will have another coffee and a blueberry muffin! :)

Or T9's OTHER method... ;)

Hearing all this is getting me all excited for my project when I get back now.
Unfortunately I have been delayed getting back a few days already. As things stand Cheryl is going to be going back same time as me even though she got out here nearly 2 weeks after me. What is all that about?

Good luck with things Joe and get pictures and videos if you can up on here.

Thats not good Adam. Why is he late? You might end up doing a full 127 days like me! A close as damn it 2 weeks late!

Just gone to buy Samco hoses from the factory in Cowbridge. Cant buy them direct, something to do with patents or something? :blink::confused: Will have to order from deemon tweeks

Samco as a company are marvellous BBJ they have a great customer service.
I have had Samco hoses on the beast for almost 4 years, one of them developed a pin hole in it by a poorly fitted jubilee clip. Called Samco up and sent a picture of it over to them while I was still on the phone. They did not have one in stock but phoned the factory bit and told them to make one for me straight away, all this was done while I was still on the phone to them :amazed: Within two days a new hose arrived Special Delivery for nothing.

You are in safe hands if there is ever a problem! ;)

WOW! :amazed:

That is service for money. They are not......that.....overly priced then if you think about it. All my main hoses (induction, intercooler and tubo) for £440 including shipping and VAT.

No idea why the replacement is out late but im not overly bothered as im on level 3 lsa now so they can take their time for all i care.
Its due to get really rubbish out here for money soon. As of 1st April LOSLOA goes from £17 a day to £10 a day. Basically you will be walking away with more money doing a 4 month than a 6 month. Not worth being out here any more so im glad to be getting out of here before all that kicks in.

While your ordering the hoses from Demon's BBJ, treat the hoses to some Mikalor clips as well. Much much better than Jubilee clips imo ;)

Are you sure your doing the right thing BBJ? Have you got bus fare for the journey back home just in case :blink:

I take it you don't like the rally pops and bangs then? lol

Its not for everyone. Its the sort of thing that when you see and here one on the road you would think .... Cool.... But driving it every day.... Not sure.

Its just something they can map in. I don't no if ill go for it. I said no the last time I had it done.

Just my naivety showing there BBJ :embarrest: had no idea it could be deliberately made to do that! :)

MA! Where you bin mate. I have been waiting for someone with impickable taste to post! :bigsmile:

I'll get it mapped in then! I think they are filiming all maps up there, so if they film mine, then I'll get it posted asap.

Now come on T9. We all know that you have great taste. :cool:
But I have never disagreed with anything he has liked or disliked.

Plus I havn't seen him on here for a while and have missed my partner in crime :)

:lol: No problemo! Oh BTW just opened up the package, going to look very cool when the sun comes out to play :amuse:

Glad you like. I'll have them back if you don't. I showed mine to me step dad and I think he would have preferd them to the bottle of 16yo Lagavilin I brought down for him :p

LOL impeccable taste might be the nicest thing anyones ever said about me :lol: been grafting matey, back on long hours atm.

You only get the pops and bangs when hooning it really, day to day driving you'll not get them. I know a fair few people with Evo's and every one of them has pops and bangs enabled! You'll get some hellish fireballs out of the back to like :love::love:

400! and 395torques!! :p:bigsmile:

Over the moon. She pulls so well too. She has been set up amazingly. She pulls faster than an 18year old Britney in a school girl outfit! :blink1:

Faaaast! Nice one, glad you got the figures you were looking for. Just need to get those graphs up now ;) Did you have the pops and bangs in?

Couldn't. My dump recycs the air. And you need the air to make it happen. Don't need it any way, as I have just had a little drive out and it pops and bangs anyway! :amuse: When the exhaust is hot that is.

I got the graph laminated. I'm off out to the pub now to celebrate so I'll do it tomorrow. I will put the mapping vid up on tube of you and put some picks up.

I treated my self to a see through pully cover too. She looks mint! :D

I'll look forwards to it then. Have a good night, I'm off to the misses' for tonight. Got to be up at work for 5.10am. Only had 6 bottles of Peroni with a meal at the pub last night and I haven't drunk in so long I felt rough as fork in the morning!

Shame about the pops and bags! So you need an atmos DV to have them then?

Sorry I missed u mate. I'm gutted. Female and kid probs. U sound like a cat that gt the cream though mate. What was it like breathing proper air again ?

Firts - New Pully's on, head off - Dialing in
Second - Head and plastic guard on
Third - On the rollers

Attachments

• 02032012058.jpg
    02032012058.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 02032012059.jpg
    02032012059.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 02032012060.jpg
    02032012060.jpg