my 1991 Renault 5 GT Turbo

hi people thought id post a few pics of my r5 gt turbo i bought this car for 1k and what a bargain it is :D

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00006-1.jpg

Image0155.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Image0156.jpg

Splendid thanks! I am waiting for an equal length tubular manifold which is being specially made to arrive from Sweden in the next few weeks, another remap to squeeze a few more ponies out of the beast and I will be a very happy chap ;)

The old girl is running at 602 BHP at the moment with the NOS as an extra. Not expecting a huge amount but I have been told to expect an even quicker spool from the turbo and depending on the EGT then the lads hope to increase the torque as well.

win win then if all goes to plan matey, quicker spool and more torque is always a welcome addiction.
602bhp should be enough take you the shops at the weekend lol, have you had the car down the strip etc yet?

Not yet buddy, I am sorely tempted after the next bit of work and remap.
I am going to Donnington in November for a Saab track day which is always great fun. Even her indoors enjoys herself :)

ldefo worth doing matey, donington is my personal favorite track in the country. i might be off there in october to give some support to my mate who races in the classic and touring car series in his r5gtt race car

bit of an update its payday today so iv been investing in a few required bits, just got the following

drivers outter sill
drivers door
apex rear dampers
good condition door cards (will be flocked)
new fuel filter brackets

in contact with a couple of places regarding an uprated clutch plate as my current uprated one is no good for the torque the engine produces

hoping to drop the car off end of this month to begin the work

hoping to have my car in to start the work next weekend, iv got all the bits required and might even invest in a set of full polished cupro-nickel brake pipe set as a few of my brake pipes have seen better days, i can also fit my braided brake hoses whilst im at it.

will also be fitting the new apex rear shocks and the full polybush set that i have, iv been given the contact details of a seat retrimmer not far from me who id like to re trim my cobra bucket seats in black so ill see how that goes.

cant stress how much im looking forward to getting the ball rolling finally

:) iv just popped up to see the fella whos doing the welding etc on my car to make sure its ok to drop car off on saturday, iv got the go ahead so finally the yesmobile will begin its rebirth

well guys my car is finally going in tomorrow to begin the mountain of work

iv spent an hour tonight stripping a few more bits out of the car, also just removed the passenger seat and pumped the tyres up, got go get a jerry can full of v power as there aint much in the tank and always prefer some fresh in there.

got a few more bits arriving from gt turbo spares in the next couple of days, looking forward to driving the car again even though its only a 2 min drive from my house

well the day is finally here, iv just been get 5 litres of v power and been sorting some bits to take up the garage with me. just made a list of whats going be done whilst car is in the garage

fit inner/outter sills both sides,
weld floor pan,
rear bumper mounts,
one bit of front inner wing,
fit new bonnet and drivers door,
fit replacement fuel filter/fuel pump brackets,
fit new nickel brake lines,
braided brake hoses,
fit apex rear shocks,
fit full polybush set,
fit poly top mounts.

and obviously then requires new bits painting etc

cant wait

well people my car is now at the garage, started 3rd turn of the key not bad seeing as its not moved since feb. it drove spot on, had a little play and was nice to feel it come on boost again for the 1st time :)

mini update

iv been up to see my car on way back from a job earlier, the fella has started on what we thought was the better side and you know what thought did eh? well i was shocked to see how bad the passenger side was there is alot more work than we thought to be done, god knows what its going to be like on the drivers side.
but all is good and its being sorted that is the main thing, could of took the easy way out and broke it for parts etc but thats just not me.

Stick with it buddy ;) I remember some of my conversations with my garage chaps when these little unforeseen problems came up; it was me who was encouraging them to go that extra mile because I had faith in them! Yet to be disappointed by their efforts to date and for you, it will all be worth it, you mark my words :)

cheers for the support fellas its much appreciated

dont worry no problem that we encounter will not deter me from getting my car back on the road, besides i love a challenge ;)

not been able get up to the garage, but my mate has sent me a few pics over and has informed me that all interior is now removed, so ill be heading up on monday to get the rear door cards so i can send them away with the fronts to be flocked in oe grey

anyway enough babble heres a few pics
15102012_4.jpg

15102012_3.jpg

15102012_2.jpg

15102012.jpg

well had a bit of a surprise whilst putting these pics up on here and on fb i recieved another 4 pics and also a text informing me inner sill that side is finished and outter sill is in place.

anyway heres the pics
16102012_4.jpg

16102012_2.jpg

16102012.jpg

16102012_3.jpg

well i was going pop up to the garage tonight to pick door cards up etc, but with the endland match being called off last night and scheduled to play at 4pm today i wont have time, so i shall pop up after work tomorrow and who know maybe a bit more progress will have been made

i have some more updates for you, received a load more pics yesterday at 5pm to say im shocked at how much has been done at this point would be an understatement

anyway pics in no particular order
16102012_7.jpg

16102012_6.jpg

16102012_5.jpg

17102012_10.jpg

17102012_11.jpg

17102012_7.jpg

17102012_8.jpg

16102012_8.jpg

17102012_5.jpg

17102012_4.jpg

17102012_12.jpg