my 1991 Renault 5 GT Turbo

hi people thought id post a few pics of my r5 gt turbo i bought this car for 1k and what a bargain it is :D

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00006-1.jpg

Image0155.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Image0156.jpg

of course matey, iv heard nothing but good things about them from current owners, iv invested in the valet pro heavy duty cleaner and one of there interior brushes.

i know i very rarely drop on and get a bargain so im very happy with this :)

on a side note iv re booked my car in to get the megajolt fitted and mapped on the 21st april

cover is finally coming off the car this friday, so the oil can be dropped, then new oil and filter plus new fuel filter.
going to give the car a wash and a quick polish n wax and take it for a good shakedown (hope weather is decent this weekend)

well i got to finish work at dinner today so i got in, whipped the cover off the car and decided to valet the interior with the numatic george and my god i couldnt believe the amount of dirt that come outta the carpet etc.

got a couple of pics whilst i was airing the car out
2012-03-22153422.jpg

2012-03-22153351.jpg

so then guys i had a day off work yesterday so decided to give the car a quick wash and a top up coat of the butter wet wax(pics dont do justice) i need a better camera lol.
todays plan of action is to change oil and filter plus fuel filter, fit oe headlights and alloy swirl pot then check co on fuelling and take it out for a good drive

some pics really do need a decent 10mp camera as im using the camera on my phone which dont do it justice.

2012-03-23151947.jpg

2012-03-23152536.jpg

2012-03-23152527.jpg

random mileage pic to (full rebuild was done at 110k)
2012-03-23152010.jpg

big updates to tell you about.

first of all my car is now officially sorn, as its now going to be getting a full restoration which is something iv wanted to do since having the car, bit gutted ill miss the shows etc this year but its certainly going to be worth it.
Iv already began to strip the car down, and have quite a few parts already these are as follows

brand new n/s o/s inner sills
brand new n/s o/s outter sills
rear bumper repair panels
new fuel pump bracket
new fuel filter bracket
full polybush set
good second hand bonnet

the above is just scratching the surface of what ill be getting for the car and ill keep this thread updated with what i get etc.

iv also decided that the car will be changing color to mg trophy blue as its a color i really like and will suit the r5gtt well, iv also been considering ford imperial blue

the front seats will be sold and hopefully replaced with a set of rs turbo recaros

This is sounding like a delicious but serious project now! :amazed: I am following this one with great interest. Are you feeling confident in completing what sounds like a mammoth task for the 2013 show season?

ill be very miffed if its not ready for this time next year matey

also received new side skirt clips today :)

been stripping a bit more out of the car today for an hour

had a change of plan, the car is staying its original color i think its best kept that way, iv also had a fella over on rtoc contact with regards to doing both my sills and floor pan plus rear bumper sections, and hes also a painter so he will be spraying my bonnet and drivers door for me, am hoping have this done in june so i can still get a few shows in over the summer

long time since i was on here with any updates, reason being as there is nothing to really update on, the work is going to be carried out in the new year.

also on a side note iv been in contact with mtech automotive who are going be using my car as a test mule for there nodiz ignition system, this also means that ill get the system for free :)

really miss the car and cant wait be fighting it again next year

Long time no hear from, I remember you! who are you again? :lol:

Marvellous stuff, I wish you the best luck of as the latest guinea pig for the new ignition system. Don't forget to give us your feedback as to its performance ;)

hi mate how are you doing? hope your well, im actually about to try and catch up with some of your progress threads.

will defo report back with all results/graphs etc, oh iv also left the renault turbo owners club to concentrate on my r5 gt turbo owners group that already has 315 members and is growing each day, 2013 will be the official launch of the group with many events being attended as well as track days and dyno days etc

Sounds marvellous, when you have your first show/meet post it up in our meeting section and I will move heaven and earth to be there :)

BIG UPDATE :)

work will begin on getting my car sorted at the end of this month, all the money has been saved etc and iv got it booked in with my mate to do all the welding etc. cant bloody wait finally get back driving the car.

cheers pal, your not the only one :) i dont know if many pics will be taken of the work being done as the fella is a bit old school and just likes to crack on, and ill be at work most the time.