Heel & Toe Change

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
tried it for the first time......pulled a muscle and got cramp :shock:

anyone else have the same result? maybe its best to wait for the new pedals... :?

Practice makes perfect. A friend of mine does toe and heel which is just plain wierd but he says it works for him! :wink:

i got cramp too, i almost pulled a muscle.
i cant be bothered, to do it any more.
i am quite happy to just blip the accelertor when downshifting.
thats enouh to make me feel like i know how to drive.

You gals are just not supple enough. Limber up your ankles a little and it will become as easy as making your nuckles crack :lol: :lol:

Well done P4Paco. :D
Surely that's what it's all about.
People get too hung up on the details, "You're doing it wrong, you should do it like this".
It's all about enjoying yourself at the end of the day.
Well done my friend.

Colaboy.

It's not always possible to heal and toe in every car due to the pedal positions. My A3 is a nightmare, a golf of a similar vintage at least allows a ball of the foot and side of the heel gear change.

Is your car heel and toe friendly?

my little fiesta certaintly wasnt conducive to heel and toe-ing, if you had to angle your foot at all, your toes ( or your heel ) would hit either the side of the footwell or the accelerator ( yikes! ).

small pedals + big feet + inexperience = embarrasment

I agree with paco and colaboy, you dont always need to use racing methods, in reality, it makes a difference on the track, but just cruising naah - just relax, its still fun.

Can't see the point in a modern car unless it's for track driving purposes.

I'd rather drive automatics anyway - why do something for myself when a machine can do it for me?

This is why we have washing machines and lawn mowers

I do sometimes double de-clutch if I'm going down the box for an overtaking move (not that there's much of that going on in the Seat :-( )

Obviously there's no need for the heel/toe bit because I'm loooking to accelerate, not slow, so I can pick up the revs with my right foot anyway.

If you're H and Ting whilst slowing down then you're probably changing down too early anyway.

And it also takes the p... out of the control input separation principle.