Do you heel n' toe shift?

Do you heel 'n toe?

• I heel n' toe AND I double clutch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I really need to install a wider brake pedal, but yes, I do heel n toe shift. It makes my down shifts a lot better. I'm not as good as Senna however

I rev match all changes and DD if making block changes downwards. HnT is very difficult with the organ swell-pedal style floor mounted accelerator.

I don't do it all the time, but when I'm doing a sprint and enjoying the road a heel and toe helps keep the power where you need it. In my car its more of a toe and heel due to the large accelerator pedal but it works, and took a bit of practice.

I always rev-match a manual car, but I don't heel-n-toe. Daily I drove an auto though, so its not really an option!

I am in Rob's camp here - I'd far rather drive automatics over manuals.

Thinking back through my car history, out of circa 30 cars.. I've only ever bought 3 manual cars. Two of which where my first two cars after passing my test, the third of which was the B7 RS4 purely because I wanted an RS4 and they only made them with a manual gearbox!

I've had all the usual jokes over the years from mates who are very much 'manual fanboys' about 'proper driving' .. etc - but to be honest I just prefer an auto, preferably with paddles for when you're pushing on a bit. I road-test customer cars daily, many of which have manual gearboxes and whilst its a novelty to have 3 peddles for about 10 minutes, having had a manual courtesy car not so long ago, I can confirm the novelty wears off very quickly.

I learned on a standard and when I have had a choice I have always gotten standards. I prefer to drive a stick. Sure it's more convenient to drive an auto (and I can drink a coffee!) but I love to feel the car under me and have that granular control over how it is driven. I feel connected to a manual car, I feel out of touch with an auto.

Thinking back through my car history, out of circa 30 cars.. I've only ever bought 3 manual cars. Two of which where my first two cars after passing my test, the third of which was the B7 RS4 purely because I wanted an RS4 and they only made them with a manual gearbox!

I've had all the usual jokes over the years from mates who are very much 'manual fanboys' about 'proper driving' .. etc - but to be honest I just prefer an auto, preferably with paddles for when you're pushing on a bit. I road-test customer cars daily, many of which have manual gearboxes and whilst its a novelty to have 3 peddles for about 10 minutes, having had a manual courtesy car not so long ago, I can confirm the novelty wears off very quickly.

I agree also! My 2010 Challenger SRT8 6-speed became a PIA after 1 season! After having an artificial left knee installed in 2012, my 3 pedal days were OVER and rightly so! Most of todays newer autos are extremely fast up and down shifting(100 to 160 milli seconds) and with electronic rev matching and paddle shifting it is almost impossible for even the BEST manual trans to compete! I believe in less than 5 years the manual will be history even on the puddle jumpers and no longer even offered.

I believe in less than 5 years the manual will be history even on the puddle jumpers and no longer even offered.
DELETE THAT POST BEFORE SOMEONE READS IT AND GETS IDEAS!!!!!111 They will always make standards forever!!!

Every time I have gotten an auto I have missed having a stick. I think my former ride- a Nissan Versa- was the final auto I will own, until some physical problem forces me back into a slushbox ridden hoopdy. Kicking and screaming! Yeah, I know they are almost just as quick as a manual, yeah I know they are more comfy, easier to drive (esp. in traffic) and my wife could drive if I had an auto (maybe a good reason not to right there?) etc etc etc.

Obviously it is a personal choice. For some people the convenience alone tips the scales. Others have no choice.

DELETE THAT POST BEFORE SOMEONE READS IT AND GETS IDEAS!!!!!111 They will always make standards forever!!!

Every time I have gotten an auto I have missed having a stick. I think my former ride- a Nissan Versa- was the final auto I will own, until some physical problem forces me back into a slushbox ridden hoopdy. Kicking and screaming! Yeah, I know they are almost just as quick as a manual, yeah I know they are more comfy, easier to drive (esp. in traffic) and my wife could drive if I had an auto (maybe a good reason not to right there?) etc etc etc.

Obviously it is a personal choice. For some people the convenience alone tips the scales. Others have no choice.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:|B