The new Project.....

Right lets see if this works. Here's a couple of pics of the 620ti....:bigsmile:
If this works there will be more to follow...

Attachments

• 15122008044.jpg
    15122008044.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 15122008045.jpg
    15122008045.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 16122008049.jpg
    16122008049.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 16122008048.jpg
    16122008048.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 15
Right I'll be up to collect the Primera then :cheesy:

or perhaps not!

Bad news mate, hope this isn't going to hit you too hard.

Right I'll be up to collect the Primera then :cheesy:

or perhaps not!

Bad news mate, hope this isn't going to hit you too hard.

Well i'm trying to find out what other turbo's fit? I've seen a brand new T25 28 hybrid for about 200 quid but it says nissan fitment so not sure if it'll fit?

A deadly game is ebay! I've lost a few lately by a couple of quid..................where do you draw the line?

I decide how much i think the item is worth & I won't bid past it, regardless if its a penny or a pound.. The auto bidding programmes annoy me most. :( TBF most of the stuff I buy now is from the ebay shops.

A deadly game is ebay! I've lost a few lately by a couple of quid..................where do you draw the line?

I decide how much i think the item is worth & I won't bid past it, regardless if its a penny or a pound.. The auto bidding programmes annoy me most. :( TBF most of the stuff I buy now is from the ebay shops. :amuse:

I decide how much i think the item is worth & I won't bid past it, regardless if its a penny or a pound.. The auto bidding programmes annoy me most. :( TBF most of the stuff I buy now is from the ebay shops. :amuse:

I'd do that in an auction but I tend to look for a cheap buy it now. Or I mail the seller an offer them cash the same day. There's not that many that say no. Found a turbo today as well the bloke wants £100 and it's comes with the manifold but I dunno how much it'll cost to post.

looks sweet, cant wait to see it when its all done, miss my rover abit, still have a soft spot for it

Right peeps the turbo has been removed i've now got a hole where it used to live :sad2:

Attachments

• 05012009023.jpg
    05012009023.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 05012009024.jpg
    05012009024.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 05012009025.jpg
    05012009025.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 6
might as well power wash the block while youve got all that space.

whats the plans ? a OEM turbo or a slightly bigger one

I dunno yet I'm still finding out what turbo's will fit. I've seen 1 on ebay from america but it says in the listing it's for nissan's. But it's a T25-28 hybrid I think it was about £200 and that I think is a good price. But I may for now just replace with a standard one and keep searching. I am gonna clean the block. Plenty of de-greaser I think. I'm in 2 minds whether to do the head gasket as well or just wait till it fails? I don't know when it last had one. And the car doesn't smoke at all!..

Is Rover a car manufacturer in the UK, I have never heard of it! It does look like a Volvo with a different manuf. symbol on the front.

haha gutted turbonutter nice volvo ;) if you bring that to the meet im gonna search for volvo badges :D its all coming along verynicely why not ask a few tuning garages what turbo fits your pretend you want them to do it and then get it yourself .

haha gutted turbonutter nice volvo ;) if you bring that to the meet im gonna search for volvo badges :D its all coming along verynicely why not ask a few tuning garages what turbo fits your pretend you want them to do it and then get it yourself .

Now i've got the turbo off I will measure it an then I should be able to find a replacement easily enough. I was actually thinking of asking a garage to have a look at my turbo to see why it failed. But i'm not sure yet? I'll slap ya if ya look for volvo badges....;)

I was working over Longbridge last week a lot of it's been flattened too. :(

Think I'll have a hard time keeping up with you when your done TN69, I might have to get some NOS at this rate! :lol:

Last edited:
I was working over Longbridge last week a lot of it's been flattened too. :(

Think I'll have a hard time keeping up with you when your done TN69, I might have to get some NOS at this rate! :lol:

Save it for the twisties, you'll walk all over him ;) Anyhow I bet yours is pretty quick from the off as it is :rolleyes:

Save it for the twisties, you'll walk all over him ;) Anyhow I bet yours is pretty quick from the off as it is :rolleyes:

If it goes my way this car will handle similar to the Primera....;)So bring them corners on.... I think this would be a good race none the less... I wouldn't want to predict who would win cause I haven't a clue. But a good race it would be.....:D:D:D

Right update.
I now have another ti so I am gonna make one good one out of the two.
3369420493_85f42b210f.jpg

3369420497_49c2de5ab1.jpg

3369420501_f7402ba5c8.jpg

Pics wouldn't work for some reason so I've had to paste the link here instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
tn was the red 1 lowered cause it looks lower than the silver 1 and i dont know why but the red 1 looks nicer for some reason:confused:

tn was the red 1 lowered cause it looks lower than the silver 1 and i dont know why but the red 1 looks nicer for some reason:confused:

Mate I know what you mean. I thought the same. But my logic is the red one does have lowered suspension and it has 17 inch rims. The silver one is on standard suspension and 16 inch rims. The plan is to change everything off the red one on to the silver one as it's newer and got better bodywork.
And thankyou whoever made my pics work for me cheers.

Yay! lots of fun :D Very good idea buying another car when your done swapping the bits over you can break up what's left & spend the money on even more goodies. :bigsmile:

Mate I know what you mean. I thought the same. But my logic is the red one does have lowered suspension and it has 17 inch rims. The silver one is on standard suspension and 16 inch rims. The plan is to change everything off the red one on to the silver one as it's newer and got better bodywork.
you sound like a man with a plan hope it all goes to plan!!!

no worries mate
right click on the photo and select properties. copy the whole address and apply to the image code. dunno what went wrong as youve posted them before

seems the best idea there swap everything across then sell the red one as spares/repairs ( in need of a turbo) to recoup some monies for the respray that the siver one needs

no worries mate
right click on the photo and select properties. copy the whole address and apply to the image code. dunno what went wrong as youve posted them before

seems the best idea there swap everything across then sell the red one as spares/repairs ( in need of a turbo) to recoup some monies for the respray that the siver one needs

The silver one doesn't need a respray. It must just be the pics. It has a dinted front wing and the passenger door. It doesn't need a full resray though it is really in better condition than the red one.The red one will be stripped and sold as parts. I can keep most things as spares there is only a few things that won't fit. So the red one will be stripped and then crushed.
I did what you said Pgarner but they just didn't come up so I posted the links instead.

yeah i thought you knew how to post the pics from flicker. dunno i tried and it worked so copied te code to your post rather than the links. the sever was having issues earlier today so that might have had somthing to do with it.

noticed the fron wing and the rear bumper, or is that just dirt ?

so is ebay going to filled with 600 parts shortly then ?

Yeah the rear bumper has a bit of flaking in the paintwork but i'm not that fussed at the minute. I want to try and get it running reliably before I do any body mods.
It may be my laptop thats the prob I dunno but i did exactly what I normally do but it just didn't work?
And yes ebay may become full of Ti spares unless I be greedy and keep them to myself for the future. You never know I may well soon become the biggest Rover Turbo dealer in England. Watch this space cause i'll prob end up buying all the broken one's for parts...lol

these come 200hp as standard dont they? should be able to get alot out of it! when you startin workin on it?