Projects & WIPs

This is for all projects and work in progress threads. Keep us informed of your latest plans and problems.
Hi all, Thought you might like to see our latest hillclimb project, the world first Smart City Coupe with a 2 ltr MR2 engine and box (as far as we know). It's up and running and should be out on the Midland hills next year. http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Pitcheroak/Devil?authkey=KoXejGki4gs# Cheers Pam and Jim
New Project has been going on and I hadn't been on the forum for a while so be indulgent! :P Bought a Brand spanking new Scion Frs in Juin 2015! As of this day and Mods will be updated when installed on first post: Installed Pieces Grand total spent: 2957$ ----Interior---- -LED Dome Light and Trunk Light ----Exterior---- -LED Plate Lights -Side Marker Leds Amber -Switchback Turn Signal LEDs Front -HID High/DRL Beam 6000k -HID Low Beam 6000k -Backlights turn signal MOD -Rally armor mud pads -BRZ OEM Wing -Window tint 85% back 65% side ----Suspension---- -TRD Lowering Springs -4 Wheel spacers 25MM all around ----Power---- ----Transmission---- ----Forced Induction----
NEW GTO PROJECT. Hi people, I just stumbled onto this sight and it couldnt of happened at a better time as I have just purchased a 1998 Mitsubishi GTO and not having much luck finding any information on it as it is a full import from Japan and not even the local Mitsubishi dealer is being of much value. In the near future i am looking at doing quiet a few mechanical modifications to it and also a few changes to the body along with a full re-spray, and would appreciate any helpfull info or advice anyone would like to share with me. Cheers NIKKO :lol::blink::lol:
Sorry for not coming to the forums - I've been pretty busy lately. Among other things, I've been giving my ride a little pimpin'! :lol: I finished modifying it some days ago. I painted two racing stripes, put some black plastic covers in the rear lights (removed those crappy 80% black window tints it had before - wonder how thankfully no car managed to smash my car's butt), put three measuring gauges in the left panel (oil pressure, vacuum and volts), front strobe lights (useful for 12am+ driving in da city), window rain guards for front windows, replaced the gear knob, among other modifications. Also, someone managed to steal my ride's toolbox in the process. :lol: These are a few pics from the process. I'll take pics of the finished...
So, I love my vehicle, but the Cockpit seems a little dated. I am going to upgrade and change the console to something more 2000'ish. I mean I am going to attempt to remanufacturer and update the metal, increase the room, and the like. I am also going to do a leather interior upgrade and considering the Cowhide embossed like Alligator Blue inserts for the seats... Let not forget the mention the Artificial Intelligence Head Unit with a HP VR Backpack G2 computer, as well....
hi be gentle as this is my 1st mod!! :) i know not many people like bodykits but i do :) right guys my car run out of tax a few months ago so i sent it down to my brother who lives 40 miles away from me (big mistake as i could never find the time to get the car fixed! anyway i have done most of it down there that he could help me with and i am now on my own!! i have a lil sandin and filling to do and then i can move on to sprayin me julie! if u know wa i mean :D at the moment it is only a 1.2 but i will be lookin for an 1800 engine and everything that is needed to get it runnin! (so if any1 is thinkin of brakin their car soon let me know!! if anybody has 1 which will be gettin sold in a month or 2! please be gentle guys as this is...
Hi, Well I thought it was about time I started a little project log on my little Megane. I bought this Megane in January this year and so far have not done too much to it, but have a long list of jobs to be done. Here are some pics of how it looked when I picked it up. Not really done much to it so far, apart from changing the aerial to a small bee-sting style one and adding smoked side repeaters. On the inside I have just finished adding full leather interior. Jobs to do include fitting 17" Kei Fuji alloys (Black), Sports exhaust system, M3 style mirrors etc. Will upload some more pics as soon as I get the interior fitted and hopefully as each job gets done. The aim is to have a nice looking Meg with some...
A few weeks ago my elderly mother was told she was no longer allowed to drive, so she offered her car to me a 1978 datsun 120y gl in its only done 51200 kms its in reasonable condition for a 31 year old car so i have decided to restore it and run it in the bay to birdwood classic car run next year if i get it finished in time. Will do some pics soon.
Hi all, 2008 Suzuki Swift 1.5 Petrol My Suzuki Swift is in need of some more performance, It's all ready fitted with k&n induction kit and longlife cat back exhausts. I've read loads of coments on the best things to increase performance on the Swift. I keep reading that the k&n induction isn't the best for my car, I've read that the best is either hks suction kit or R's sports cleaner. Also because my Swift is the 1.5 it's best to get a piggyback ecu fitted then after you've got exhaust, induction, piggyback eg. then only should you get it mapped, otherwise the mods that I do won't help much. Does anyone have any advice that could help increase my performance without forking out for a turbo or supercharger. ie...
Hi all im hoping this thread well get loads of attention as regards to how I should start my project old school ford dragster it would be cool to see plenty of debates as well to get the perfect pointers im going to start from scratch with the chassis so need to no if I should be using alloy or steel and box or tubular for my first attempt im not aiming for a ten second car butt may be 13/15 second car would be nice butt im thinking engine and suspension would only be a ten k budget so ill take what seconds I can get this time the car shell I would like old school ford butt that will come to light in the next month or two I will add moee thaughts to this as they come to mind butt for now I look forward to hereing what u guys...
My mitsi chariot was given the last rights recently as it sadly needed just too much work for the MOT. This meant I needed something to move things around . I was going to get a sunny pick up but prices have gone insane so i looked at a kei truck. Not known or driven much outside Japan where they are everywhere they are literally as it sounds - A baby pick up truck . Most are only around 660cc but are suprisingly nimble as they re so small. .Sold in the UK as bedford rascals with basic spec - usually auto or 4 speed manual and 2WD Of course like most JDM cars the Japanese top spec is way different especially on older models whichl were smaller, lighter and better built.. So I started the search for such a "beast" and eventually found...
Well after a phone call to see where my exhaust was :sad2: i decided i might as well get the valance on the car. so much for a ruddy 10 minute job took about an hour to get done. supposed to just be a case of undo a couple of bolts pull off and push new one on. ok bolts off and tryed to give it a pull. nothing ended up having to remove the whole rear bumper to get it off. new one didnt line up properly thinking i may have been given a golf one rather than a bora one (will check part numbers later) had to take the hacksaw to some of the groves to make them 1/4" longer to get them in ohh well parts on front one is now in the dining room ready for primer the tailpipes now looking rather sorry for themselves hopefully...
This is my latest purchase. I bought it off eBay.de (Germany) and imported it myself. First time I’ve done this but it was worth it as you can probably see. So the car is a standard 1.3CL model however it had only one former owner from new (who was a technician at Wolfsburg VW) who I bought it from. Plus the car come with full VW service history, two keys and the original receipt of sale from back in 1991 when it was purchased. Now this is embarrassing, I’ve written my post but don’t know how to upload the pictures ..........help..........please
Everything was working fine when I bought this car three years ago. Upon further inspection it was revealed the car had been in an accident. I had a body shop pull the damaged area and after that the horn, headlights, and wipers would not work. The car has been sitting in my garage ever since. Has anyone had this problem or know what I should look for? The damage was to the drivers side front by the tire and window washer reservoir.
Firstly i'd like to say i'm new to this site. Also this is my first wee car i'll be tuning up. I currently own a 106 gti and i'm wanting to get it up to around 180 - 200bhp. I'm wondering what way to go about it? do I go cams? supercharge? turbo? or what I was thinking was an engine change but that would be very expensive and lot of work in comparison to other ideas lol. Was just looking for advice as to which way to go about this. Any help will be much appreciated especially advice from people who have already done this to their 106 gti's. thanks
not advertising a job just want some advice. I would like to make my Toyota corolla into a 10 second car yet still have a nice interior. I understand losing weight will most likely have to come into play and I'm not objecting to that. the most car work I have had to do to a car is change out the CV axles on a Honda Accord 1998. really have no clue as to where I need to start with this car. any and all advice is appreciated. car 2008 Toyota Corolla LE engine model is 1zz-fe 4 cylinder.
Hello everybody! It has been long time since my last post but now everything is set up to continue with my project I wrote about 2 years ago. It is going about rallycross racing buggy - very similar to Race of champions (ROC) buggy just with much more power and semi slicks. Also races will be very similar, I will race on SS asphalt stages in same class as Rally cars like Škoda S2000, EVO IX class F, WRC and so on ... So far we made 2.0 turbo engine with 290bhp and 520nm fitted on Audi S4 4WD gearbox modded to 2WD only, so buggy has RWD. But now we have problems with setting it up. Car has good cornering entrance but very bad exit because of open differential. We plan to put anti roll bar on front to stick rear tires on...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back