at what point did you realise that tdi's had evolved???

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
just curious to know at what point people realized diesels where no longer slow??? my first experiences where when i was driving works vans and i would pull into the middle lane and sprinters and transporters would fly past me as if i was doing 30mph when in reality i would be doing 70-80mph(but tbh i did dismiss this cause i was in a works van!)
it was only when i had my mk3 astra gsi and i had a bit of fun with a golf gttdi on a road on the way to the m54 i over took it and he booted it then stayed right behind me:amazed: but then we cam to the island to join the m54 and i booted it and up till 3rd gear he was quite a distance behind so i slowed down a bit then when he got close i booted it again but to no prevail he left me for dead then he slowed down let me catch up then we both booted it again with pretty much the same result
at this point i realized tdi where no longer the slow crappy fuel efficient machines that i had always taken them for and had earned my respect!!!!

cant remember the 1st time i noticed diesels being decent think it was when i test drove a golf 115 not exactly quick but not slow
really did like the GTtdi Mk5 i got off the insurance last year

My mate got a GTtdi and this really opened my eyes! Then he had it remapped and it blew me away!