To many cars or too few roads?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think that there are too many cars on the roads or do you think that there are too few roads?

What solution would you provide to growing congestion problems?

Yeah theres too many cars,
soloutions
1) license is taken off you at 65 or whenever you retire
2) change the road tax - if you live out in the country where a car is required then its cheaper than if you live in a city where its not. of course you would need to have your primary home in the country.

definitely to many cars i think back to when i first started to drive 12 years ago and the congestion was never this bad and in those 12 years i dont know of to many roads being added to the areas i drive around (im getting old next i will be saying i remember when you could get a pint for £1.10)

there are to many cars good for me more cars more mots for me

but went up the a12 yesterday took me 2.5 hrs to get there just over 1 to get one

but i was in the trans am sitting 2.5 hrs in traffic it did not like it very much

Don't worry lads, massive recession coming, thousands possibly millions redundant, house prices halving, country going to the dogs, riots, looting, pillage, fuel getting scarcer and more expensive, wages reducing to keep your job.

The roads will be clearer cos only the well heeled (and the ever increasing number of scroungers) will be able to afford to drive.

There thats made you feel better hasn't it, old boogers like me seen it before, but slight difference this time...no manufacturing industry left, so how do we get out of it this time, i know we'll borrow even more money.

Lets take the licences of anyone over 65...brilliant....doh.

Congestion isn't half as bad when the kids are off school, could always make the little darlings walk, quick call childline, cruel man wants to make me make my own way to school.....

Don't worry lads, massive recession coming, thousands possibly millions redundant, house prices halving, country going to the dogs, riots, looting, pillage, fuel getting scarcer and more expensive, wages reducing to keep your job.

This does not make people happy in the slightest, now the problem has turned from too cars on the road to a recession where only the wealthiest people will survive and most people aren't

Doom - were all doomed. A recession or depression would certainly reduce the number of cars on our roads. More rigourous testing and retesting would take the "nervous and incompetant drivers off our roads!"

High petrol prices will reduce the number of journeys made so there might be a good side to increased fuel prices.

in a way i hope it does not do the car prices in to much but in another way i hope some yank cars go down in price so i can get another one i plan to before the years up

but it does not worry me as i am a mot tester and mechanic so will always be in need and at the mo i think we are the busyest we have been all year

too many cars on short journeys and too many entry/exit points on motorways which make 'em huge car parks at certain times of the day. if i travel say into manchester i park on the outskirts and catch a tram into town. quicker and cheaper than sitin in traffic and parking charges and no wardens to stalk you!

have to say as well that the school run started again this morning and the traffic difference is incredible! solution: women stay home and look after the house etc and get the little darlings to walk(?) to school - if they can remember how it's done! Sorry to be controversial:toung:

They can't do that or the little darlings will start to lose weight! I think the safety issue is overblown which is why most parents drive their kids to school.

I think you are on to something. Ban the school run and our morning drives will be much better!