Are there too many cars

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think there are too many cars on our roads?

What about the sheer choice of cars, there are so many new types and configurations of car it seems unreal doesn't it.

Will the two car family be a thing of the past or the absolute minimum?

When comparing the drive from south to north and vice-versa when I started driving in the early 80s there has been a huge increase in the amount of cars on the road. You only need to try the M25 and M1 to see there is never a day or time you could call decent, it is always stacked up and crawling. Cars have become more reliable and affordable means more are travelling further afield than they used to. So much for the tougher driving test, still too many people on the road not what I call capable in any condition thrown at them. In our household we have 5 cars between 4 people, so on average it will be one car per person as most will be driving even when near retirement age as we will be forced to carry on.

Certainly in London the only quiet time on the roads is between 3am & 5am. Try driving around Piccadilly Circus on a Saturday night at 2am and it will be bumper to bumper.

yes way too many cars , traffic all the time .. forced to drive 40Kmh in roads with 110kmh Limit , Lots of cars =lots of accidents and lots of Air pollution ...we have become addicted to cars hehe even the shortest of trips well go in a car instead of walking on foot (when i short i mean 100-200m distance) , some would take the car and drive around town then they have nothing to do because driving cars replaced taking walks and such