Thinking of purchasing a Jag!!! Suggestions?

How much are you looking to spend? What do you want to do with it? What year are you after and are petrol prices an issue?

Hi there!! Yesterday I went and had a good look at a 2005 Jaguar X type. It is in an immaculate condition. It has 18000 kms. 3.0litre engine and fully equipped!! Price here 14000$. Petrol issue is not so important because here in Ukraine petrol is still not expensive:blink1:

I'm thinking of purchasing a Jaguar!! Any suggestions please???:embarrest:
Make sure that you have the history of the car and find a car that has not been allowed to sit for long periods of time, these cars don't appreciate it. They are real gas guzzlers and repairs are expensive, some parts have to be ordered from the UK, if you don't mind paying for premium gas and LOTS of it then buy a Jag. I own both a Jagaur XJ6 with an Inline 6 cylinder 4.2 hemi engine and I am currently driving the one with the5.3L HE V12 and I think they are great cars. I have no complaints and don't care if they are expensive to maintain and operate. If you want a true "British" car then don't buy a Jag newer than a 1989 since Ford owned them until they sold it Tata India who now makes Jaguars.

post 97 is a good place to start - Ford made massive inroads and sorted the quality control seemingly overnight

Yes I heard that Ford made some very good quality control changes, but if one wants an authentic British car then one should buy OLDER Jaguar cars and nothing after Ford bought them after 1989. I haven't had much problems with either of my Jags, one is an '87, the other is an '88, and I prefer their body styling to the Ford makeovers, the new XJ is just gorgeous though and Ford did some wonderful things for the XJS. Still love older Jags more anyway.

XJR 4.0 V8 Supercharged. You can pick one up for about £3000 in good condtion and they are pretty nippy for what they are.