Thinking of starting a website

First one - seems a great idea . Websites are cheap and pretty hassle free.
Hosting can be pretty cheap and some provide free software which can be useful. I did all mine before I found this out .
I use 1&1 who seem pretty helpful
Re the design
People like pics and as few clicks as possible (but Im sure you already know that) so I would have the first page split into the 4or6 pictures of the most popular catorgaries of items so you just click on the pic.
Also I assume that you would have full contact details on the front home page and that they are missing cos it's an early draft.
Finally , and again you've probably thought of this as well, speak to waynne as he knows much more than I do.
And finally Go for it

Last edited:
First one - seems a great idea . Websites are cheap and pretty hassle free.
Hosting can be pretty cheap and some provide free software which can be useful. I did all mine before I found this out .
I use 1&1 who seem pretty helpful
Re the design
People like pics and as few clicks as possible (but Im sure you already know that) so I would have the first page split into the 4or6 pictures of the most popular catorgaries of items so you just click on the pic.
Also I assume that you would have full contact details on the front home page and that they are missing cos it's an early draft.
Finally , and again you've probably thought of this as well, speak to waynne as he knows much more than I do.
And finally Go for it

Thanks for your thoughts, sleeper.

I used webs.com for this first draft as they offer a free, but pretty basic, option. I am not sure whether clickable pics are available but I will check. I will have a look at 1&1. What is your website address?

Contact details on home page, forgot about that.

Nice work OG. Add a call to action on every page. Call us for more information - Email for details - Order now by following these steps.

Testimonials is a good idea as it gives people confidence in your skills and service. This adds a lot of weight to a website.

I like it!

Only little niggle would be the Font used in the logo may be hard for some people to make out (I could read just fine) on the SPB Race parts it was just the lower case what I thought was a tiny bit iffy maybe use CAPS?

Why don't you put a little guide to the difference in Premium Fuels for racing e.t.c and what they actually do??

Thanks Pp. I will play with the logo and add fuel advice to my list of stuff to upload.

Words that are all CAPITALS are far harder to read as our brains work with patterns so find it hard to read all CAPS. Try reading an ebay listing written in capitals to see what I mean.

So, for now, I wil leave the logo as it is.

On reflection, fuel is a very complicated subject, too complicated to be dealt with properly on a single page. Also, the site is dedicated to weight reduction solutions so fuel isn't really in its remit.

But thanks for the suggestions Pp.