Not really tuning, just a quick query...

B

Benzere

Ive been wondering about something for a while, is it possible to take the 1.8 gti 16v cylinder head off of a golf mk4 and put it on the 1.6SE 16v golf mk4... then I was thinking about buying the ECU from a 1.8 gti and putting it on the 1.6 (maybe with a remap but not sure)... just thinking perhaps the 1.6 will rev a litle better or further, or maybe have a little more power but I dont even know if this is possible...

Seems a bit convoluted on first acquaintance. ECUs can always be reprogrammed/remapped/chipped to change fuelling parameters anyway. No need to buy a different ECU.

I doubt that bolting on different cylinder heads will be a simple process. If it is, then you can quite reasonably assume that the camshafts, followers and valves are the same anyway.

Overall, perhaps, a little more research before committing the wallet and bank account to such an exercise.

1.8 mk4 golf has a 20v head not a 16 and no 1.8NA should be badged as a GTI

i wouldnt be surprised if it cant be made to fit. but alot of work.
try getting another head from the scrappy and get it gas flowed.

and if its for the mk4 why jut take the head the smallest engine it should have had was the 1.8. it should never have been dropped for the 2.slow