new project now im back in employment :)

just went to put my mirrors on and the company sent screws that were far too long and ruined the holes they were meant to go into, so now ive gotta get small peices of threaded bar glued into the holes using industrial glue and then nut them up from the inside, nothings ever simple, hopefully be sorted tomorrow

Finnaly here they are guys, new pics of the car with the new mirrors on

garfieldthefirst-albums-bmw-318is-picture4242-100-0230.jpg

garfieldthefirst-albums-bmw-318is-picture4243-100-0231.jpg

garfieldthefirst-albums-bmw-318is-picture4244-100-0232.jpg

yeah the museum was good last year, i spent a lot of time looking over that awesome off road land rover which hand just about everything you could ever think of on it

small update/bit of news

gonna be a bit quiet for a while, easter's coming up and my work gets crazy this time of year, however it does mean that i can save a huge amount of cash and sort all my suspension out, looking at the best part of £700 for all the things i want, other small bits will be done to the car whislt im saving but it wont be much

gonna get:

AP coilovers
adjustable top mounts
rear camber control arms

Tbh mate you don't really need the rear camber arms. You can achieve a fair bit of camber with the adjustable washer on the arm. I would get poly bushes instead.

really, id heard a few people saying that theyre kind of important when you lower the car

I run -3 camber out back just using the standard components. They're a good upgrade on tired, old parts but poly bushes are a much better upgrade. If all you're bushes are original they will have perished quite a lot after this long.

This was one my bushes that was replaced around this time last year:
IMG_7430640x480.jpg

These things make such a difference to the way the car feels:
IMG_7448640x480.jpg

yeah man, i have been looking at all the bushes on the car to see which ones need replacing urgently, this is something i might do, set at a time whilst im saving for coilovers, will give me something to do

yeah man, i have been looking at all the bushes on the car to see which ones need replacing urgently, this is something i might do, set at a time whilst im saving for coilovers, will give me something to do

Even if you don't poly bush, you'll at least to replace the bushes with OEM items. It would be a good idea to get the bushes fitted along with the coilovers and top mounts.

You may as well get an Eibach ARB then (it comes with the poly bushes). I'd fit one on the front as well though. Get all the bushes done at once if you can to save on the labour.

yeah gonna look for ARB's at some point, coilovers are priority right now, its easier for me to do poly bushes set at a time due to time restraints and work and i dont have any labour costs because i do all the work myself with my dad just walking me through it :)