new project now im back in employment :)

first of all got rid of those horrid amber/orange front indicators
garfieldthefirst-albums-bmw-318is-picture3550-img-0466-1.jpg

then side repeaters to match
garfieldthefirst-albums-bmw-318is-picture3552-img-0469-1.jpg

thanks for the support guys

plans for the moment are

coilovers with adjustable top mounts
strut brace
poly bush kit
full stainless exhaust and manifold (if i can find a manifold that isnt LHD)
suede steering wheel with boss
m3 front bumper

Last edited:
talk to prince on here mate. hes doin a 318is project, he mite be able to help you with the manifold.

project sounds good though :)

anyone give me any ideas of wheels for the car, im currently looking at keskin kt1's :S, team dynamics pro race 3's or imola's, dunno whats gonna look good tho

A good start to the project mate. If you need any (more) pointers give me a shout.

How much did you pay for the strut brace?

Do you know what coilovers you want yet?

As for wheels don't overlook the range BMW has to offer. BBS made most of the wheels used on BMWs. Do you want some dish? What sort of size do you want? Colour combination?

and im gonna beef up the brakes with drilled and grooved discs all round

I would not recommend drilled discs, they might look good but do nothing for performance on a road application and will only end up cracking between the holes when subjected to alot of heat. They are more commonly used on race applications as the discs have a short life and help to disperse any gases. Dimpled are okay but in all honesty the features are really for show. Radial grooves are best but again only for aesthetics on road cars.

A good start to the project mate. If you need any (more) pointers give me a shout.

How much did you pay for the strut brace?

Do you know what coilovers you want yet?

As for wheels don't overlook the range BMW has to offer. BBS made most of the wheels used on BMWs. Do you want some dish? What sort of size do you want? Colour combination?

think i paid £20 for it off a freind, thought why not use it as for wheels, im awefull when it comes to wheels i can never make my mind up, but i havnt really looked into coilovers yet because i wont be doing coilovers and exhaust till late in the year :( its just the way thing are at the moment.
thanks for your support

I would try and do wheels and coilovers at the same time otherwise you'll be rocking a 4x4 stance. What's your budget for wheels?

BBS RC Sports (from the 328 sport) look quite good on silver cars. They can usually be picked up for £250 in decent condition.

Haven't actually seen them on an E36, but do know they are basically a copy of BBS CHs so they should look good tbh. Not enough dish for my liking though.

Sorry, but may I ask what staggered means with reference to wheels please! :embarrest:

It's when the rears are wider than the fronts. A lot of RWD cars use them. In terms of handling, a square set up (same width on all corners) is actually better, but for putting the power down the wider rears (which allow wider tyres) are better.

found a set of RC041 freshly refurbed split rims but as im no good with wheels could you tell me if £500 delivered is a good price

Depends on the condition tbh. The 328 Sports have RC041 (7.5J) on the front and RC042 (8.5J) no the rear. If they are those and not 4 RC041s then assuming the tyres are good then it's not bad.

Depending on condition they fetch from £200ish up to around £500.

Have you got a link for the above?

Each to their own mate. I'm not a massive fan of Mugello's as they're just another copy. They're also only ET35 so won't fill the arches that much. You might find you want spacers as well after fitting. However, if you do get them, the black version might be worth thinking about Dotz Mugello Black. These would look pretty mean against the silver paintwork.