Nearly had a head on smash last night.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Just coming out of our road I nearly drove into a car coming straight for me down a narrow single lane bit of road. I just didn't see him! :eek:

Perhaps it was because it was a Grey car or perhaps it was because I was so familiar with the road and because it is always empty I never assumed that someone might be coming my way.

It seems to me that we are most likely to have an accident in the roads we use most often near our homes that are generally quiet. I just wonder how many other people do this - or is it just me?

It's not just you coming back from the workshop one night had the same thing, a guy in a Rover 416 didn't expect me on this back road that had just been tarmaced and he was going WAY too fast for it he slammed on his brakes skidded and went into a tree in a ditch at about 20. Was killing myself laughing and he said it was MY fault for being on the road. So I just went.

I've locked up in the Civic before now in a thin section. Partly my fault, partly the non-braking big massive colossal white van coming at me.

Smoke, big black tyre marks.

Ah, to be young and stupid again....

It's not just you mate :)

It's not happened to me in a while, but people still seem to be out to get me.
There's a T junction on the way to my sister's place that's pretty quiet. I drive straight along the top of the T, as it were. Twice in two days someone has just pulled straight out infront of me as I've been going past the junction. When I beep my horn they just look confused, as if to say "What? What have I done wrong?". The first time it happened: one person did it. I had to slam my brakes on and stop. They just kept going and squeezed past me. Naturally I shook my fist and mouthed a few things at them and started to set off again. To my amazement: the person behind them, who had witnessed all of this, did the exact same thing!

I seem to be ranting a lot recently. Oopsy. Rant over :p

yeap are most accidents not within 1 mile frim home. thats proberly the reason recovery services cheapest options mean you have to be more than a mile from home otherwise theres an excess to pay

In my street some idiot always parks his Rover on the corner!!! Everytime you drive around it you can't see what's coming! I've had a few near misses.

yeah theres a woman who does that right at my mum and dads ive already ripped her wing mirror off once as the old couple opposite dont have a drive so their car site on the edge as well but you can see right around. where as this woman has a HUGE driveway ( easy for 6 cars to get parked up ) and a garage yet she parks right at her gates. i get on with the old couple so wouldnt go near their car hense the wing mirror incident