Nearly mowed down a pedestrian

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I was reversing out of a friends drive keeping an eye on the traffic and a pedestrian came walking behind my car!

I didn't notice her till the last minute. If I'd seen a gap I could have quite easily shot out and straight into her.

I think I was assuming the pavement would be empty as it usually is! BIG MISTAKE.

Moral of the story, always look before you leap!

Have you ever done this? Are pedestrians daft going behind a car with it's reversing lights on?

I find they walk out behind me when Im parralell parking! It is really annoying and they look surprised at you for not seeing them! :evil:

Always keep your eyes on anywhere that might produce an unexpected obstacle, because people are stupid.

It shouldnt be the case that you have to keep dodging pedestrians all the time, I walk a lot more since I sold the car (obviously), but like im a considerate driver, im also a considerate pedestrian, looking were im going, and not jumping out in traffic, on the road, the car has the right of way, and it is up to the pedestrian to look out for cars as well. its a two way process.

Ive just had a great idea, walking tests for inconsiderate pavment users!:amuse:

I like the idea of walking test, and a pedestrian licence. They could even pay a pavement tax and pay VAT and fuel duty on food!

How many would pass this though?

I think pedestrians do take advantage quite alot and it is always our fault as drivers if something does happen. Which I think is totally wrong in most cases.
I nearly mowed a cat down the other day does that count.:lol:

pedestrians i dont find too bad (have to admit one time in central london i drove through a zebra crossing, it didnt have traffic lights, because i didnt see it, the pedestrians werent amused! - somewhat more careful now). but i find sheep much more troublesome! the stupid things run in front of you - interesting results when you tap the side of them at speed, due to their design they tend to spin around and then fall over.