Oops I nearly lost it on a bend

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Doing a spirited drive back from a shopping trip with my wife and the conversation went like this.

Wife. What happened there?
Me. The car was understeering so I had to lift off and provoke oversteer to keep us on the road and then apply some corrective lock.
Wife. Oh Ok then, it just felt a bit wierd! I try to keep all the wheels going in the direction of travel.

I guess the road was a little slippery but there was no panic, no shouting or screaming just a casual conversation. Note my tactful answer and how I implied it was the car that was understeering.

Have you ever had to explain your driving to a passenger?

i did, and the conversation went casual like yours, its 5 mins later i get the shakes
good for the addreneline i suppose, but thank god nothing major went wrong with you mate

My back end was a tad loose last night (oo er missus)

Today I had to go to Poole, the roads were still bad at 11 this morning. So many cars off the road and a van on its side right on a round-a-bout.

My back end was a tad loose last night (oo er missus)

Today I had to go to Poole, the roads were still bad at 11 this morning. So many cars off the road and a van on its side right on a round-a-bout.
it was - 6 degrees here last night, when we are in for bad weather like ice, the cars dont start frosting til 1 or 2 am, quater to 10 last night i had ice on my car, and england gets hit worse than paddy land
so girls and boys, be carefull on the rds, summere is only a stone throw away, you can have all the open rd you want then:D

my dad wrote his taxi off yesterday lol well he didnt wright it off he crashed it into a grand cheroke on its corner so damaged his massively and scratched the jeep couldnt have hit a bigger thing on the road lol but thats where i have been since stupid o'clock this morning ripping it apart for the new parts should be back on road tomorrow :D

Edit: for got to mention he bought it brand new 2 weeks ago

Just coming past the roundabout for Fowlmead!

Only wimps slow up for roundabouts! (Unless its slippery or icy!)
That roundabout is an absolute pain in the arse really...

When I got my new budget piece of crap tyres, they just slip round that roundabout on the way back to Deal... on the way to Sandwich it is fine

Bet you will never beat ... 70 mph, on the roundabout closest to Eastry, coming from Dover along the Eastry bypass.... that was some fun ;)

I can make the Primera have a controlled slide. Just push the front end a bit too far in the corner then lift off and turn in to catch the rear end. So much fun on an empty country lane. An in the Primera it is so controllable.

Bet you will never beat ... 70 mph, on the roundabout closest to Eastry, coming from Dover along the Eastry bypass.... that was some fun ;)

I bet I can but the question is do I really want to risk it? Probably not even with my cars levels of grip and the current poor surface conditions of the road.

Rarely do I push it to see how far I can go or how near to the limits I can get, but when I get into trouble I can usually sort it out.

A wise man once told, "To be a good driver you need nerves of steel but to deliberately take advantage of them is foolish!";)

I bet I can but the question is do I really want to risk it? Probably not even with my cars levels of grip and the current poor surface conditions of the road.

Rarely do I push it to see how far I can go or how near to the limits I can get, but when I get into trouble I can usually sort it out.

A wise man once told, "To be a good driver you need nerves of steel but to deliberately take advantage of them is foolish!";)

That is a very good point :)

I did have very good tyres and the road was extremely hot ... so that was quite helpful, but as you have just said, it isn't something I would do again.

It happened in the first month or so of driving when I thought I was god... you know... when you try to do anything/everything.

I very rarely risk things like that nowadays, and I try to avoid driving in this lovely weather if I can... hate it

Yup, we've all been there and done it! The perils of youth and false perception of being invincible.;)

Most of us learn from our mistakes, the clever ones learn from the mistakes of others. Sadly for some it was one mistake to many!

I saw you again last Friday in Broad street! You always seem to be following a silver Clio :lol: Are you doing some private detective work on the side?

Yeh, glad I got out of it though lol... loads of people still think that I drive like that, and so they think I am a bad driver, yet my other mate, decided to roll his car twice in the ICE the other day :)

Yeh, I will always learn from my mistakes, I have had a knock before, but that was only because I had my attention elsewhere - at my brand new CD player that I didn't know how it worked :(

Friday... possible :)... Why are you always on Broad Street?! lol.

It wasn't a clio actually.. but I know which car you mean :)... it was a Fiesta I believe, he was driving like an absolute arse ... so I thought I would annoy him and just follow him, that's what I do when people annoy me like that, I just follow them, I don't go up there arse as such, just following them, makes them know they done something wrong. He wheel span out of a junction on the roundabout by the sea front.

I wish I was doing something for a little bit of money.. would do anything for it right now lol... got nothing coming in :(

Did you get my PM btw?