Nearly had a Ladder go through my Windscreen on M25

Ciganjo

Tuner
Car
Honda Civic ES 1.8
Last weekend, I was on the M25... it was fairly busy, I was in the fast lane with 3 other cars in front of me. Out of nowhere, I see a ladder in mid air.... it either flew over the first car, or came off it..... the second car hit it and sent it spinning towards the 3rd car. It sort of landed on one of those concrete barricades the road works have set up and was spinning on its side at windscreen level.... I was too busy thinking if I had smoked anything before I set off, to realise that the car in front applied an emergency break..... but I was keeping a good distance and managed to apply one as well just in time. The 3rd car had jump into the middle lane to avoid getting hit by it, and for me it landed just in front of my wheels which i managed to avoid as well by jumping into the middle lane. Cannot believe my luck that no one was behind me and the middle lane was free.

Most extreme 3 seconds of my life as a driver. Period.

Well done there, your quick reactions no doubt saved the day. Even if you'd had half a pint your reactions could have been impaired to the point that it would have been a very different outcome.