which nearly new car upto 6 months old ???

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
the mrs will be getting a new car soon with a top line budget of £9,000 inc her micra in part ex. what will be the best large hatch for her it has to have 5 doors and be black and look nice!! she's leaning towards an astra im trying to get her to go for the focus what other cars are there???

Why only up to 6 months old? Go a bit older and she could have a Seat Leon for about 7k, or with a stretch on the budget an FR Leon. I nearly bought one but I've just got something else instead, pics to come at the weekend after a good wash and polish ;)

true..something a year olds gonna be near on the same as something 6 months old..even 2 years old.

i dint no they went for that cheap.

My mates just bought one. Mint condition 57 black TDi Leon, low mileage (can't remember exact), payed 7k. Nice cars. Naturally he wishes he'd spent the extra couple of grand and got an FR, but he's only 19 lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can see where everyone is coming from and im the same but the wife has always had brand new cars and its took me 13 years to convince her to get a 6 month old 1. at a push i could probably convince her to get a 1 year old car but i wouldnt hold my breath tbh. and the new leon is a brilliant recommendation as i know she likes them this may sway her but i doubt it:(

why dont you just suprise her with the car she wants. and buy it how ever old you want to..probally year though as you wouldnt want a divorce over it !.

My mates just bought one. Mint condition 57 black TDi Leon, low mileage (can't remember exact), payed 7k. Nice cars. Naturally he wishes he'd spunked the extra couple of grand and got an FR, but he's only 19 lol.

i maybe should of waited to get an s3 ....but a year after waiting year is a long time !

i can see where everyone is coming from and im the same but the wife has always had brand new cars and its took me 13 years to convince her to get a 6 month old 1.

I know the feeling mate. My missus bought a brand new Ibiza last year (or year before, I don't remember) andi s looking for something convertible. I've convinced her new doesn't matter, and now I'm trying to convince her to get an S2000 (not so I an drive it or anything :cheesy:) but she wants....wait for it...
A Nissan Figaro!?!?!??!? I vomit a little bit in my mouth every time I think about it.

I know the feeling mate. My missus bought a brand new Ibiza last year (or year before, I don't remember) andi s looking for something convertible. I've convinced her new doesn't matter, and now I'm trying to convince her to get an S2000 (not so I an drive it or anything :cheesy:) but she wants....wait for it...
A Nissan Figaro!?!?!??!? I vomit a little bit in my mouth every time I think about it.

mate wait until you get the ultimate insult like i did this year her car needed new discs and pads and she didnt trust me to do it and paid a garage £100 on just labour :(

at least the figaro has 1+ point its turbo'd :lol:
but the s2000 would be a better choice this is the only 2 seater convertible other than a classic that i would even consider

at least the figaro has 1+ point its turbo'd :lol:
but the s2000 would be a better choice this is the only 2 seater convertible other than a classic that i would even consider

Lol based on a Micra chassis as well so should in theory be at least a little competant. I was a little happy when I found out it was turbo, especialy with all the goodies I've got lying around for the GT :p Just imagining the gfs face when that little 1 litre engine overboosts at 22psi pmsl ;). Then I found out it was also automatic. Urgh.

Same as you, apart from E-types etc the only one I'd have is an S2000.

So there you go, at least your lass doesn't want a spaz-wagon!

Lol based on a Micra chassis as well so should in theory be at least a little competant. I was a little happy when I found out it was turbo, especialy with all the goodies I've got lying around for the GT :p Just imagining the gfs face when that little 1 litre engine overboosts at 22psi pmsl ;). Then I found out it was also automatic. Urgh.

Same as you, apart from E-types etc the only one I'd have is an S2000.

So there you go, at least your lass doesn't want a spaz-wagon!

well you learn something new every day!!! i had no idea it had the same chassis as the micra and no idea they where auto's but like you say if the mrs end up going for the spaz wagon atleast you know it will handle well (speaking from experience from the mrs micra!!!) and you could tweak it with the spares you have lying round it might not be to bad???:lol: