Torque Cars

Long time no speak Audi A3 head

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by Teenager2413, 14 March 2019.

1. Teenager2413

Teenager2413 Torque Junkie

Dunmow
    Car:
    Audi A3 Quattro 2.0
    hello everyone sorry it been so long

So no after owning my lovely astra and a work horse in between I treated my self to a 06 A3 2.0 tdi Quattro bkd so I love this car proberly to much so after 3 cheap turbo and a melted engine I. Now on a stage 2 hybrid and Acar ready for a full stage 2 map
    no I’m almost certain my head cracked it a b variant I bought what I thought was a c head today turn out I got shafted after doing a 340 mile round trip to get it looking around as I see there pretty much no difference with the bmn head are there any known issues with these like the bkd heads
    Any help or advice please
    Many thanks sorry it been so long

2. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Good that you are back but sorry I can't help as I can't decipher the abbreviations.

3. Teenager2413

Dunmow
    Car:
    Audi A3 Quattro 2.0
    Haha it the pd140 and pd170 both 16v just use different injectors system but mounts look the same

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I ditched my BKD when the turbo started going - I was looking at about £4500 in repair costs to get it back to roadworthy and reliable. I do miss it, the engine pulled like a train and it returned silly MPG's even when driven quite hard!

5. Teenager2413

Dunmow
    Car:
    Audi A3 Quattro 2.0
    ahh that a shame no I have had fun with mine from a new engine and know im on my forth turbo but spent some money on him I think I have narrowed the problem potentially down to my rad