KTR Stealth Exhaust for Clio

jefflucas28

Tuner
Car
2000 Clio S 1.4i 8v
Can anyone pass comment on any of the exhaust products from KTEC?

I have a 2000 Clio 1.4s 8valve, which i've replaced the air intake with a K&N 57i kit, now im looking to focus on the other side of the engine and streamline the exhaust system.

Im looking at the tubular manifold, sports cat, and cat back stealth exhausts.

The site doesnt offer much by way of customer comments so its hard to establish if any of these bits are worth getting from here or look else where.

Any help would be fantastic! Thanks :D

Hi Jeff I hate saying it but we have to be honest. You can spend a fortune on a 1.4 engine for a minimal and hardly noticable power increase. Save your money for your next car or do an engine swap.

To clear up any confusion i meant the KTEC site doesnt offer any customer comments, THIS site is obviously like consumer opinions goldmine!

Waynne, i really do appreciate that i will only get minimal gains from my 1400cc engine, its just my insurance credentials aren't too great at the moment so im looking to alter things on the car that wont affect this too much. An engine swap is obviously the answer in terms of power gains, but frankly, i dont have a grand or two spare for a williams or clio 182 conversion. And then of course there's going from a group 3 clio 1.4s to a group 15 or higher for the sports engine, i doubt the insurance company would let this go without increasing my premium.

And then there's the fact that im an impatient ghet and don't want to sit around doing the sensible thing and saving for the next project, i want to be planning and tinkering as soon as poss, ALSO, this is just a thought but, on an engine thats only producing 75bhp when it leaves the factory, wouldnt an increase of 5bhp or more actually be more noticable?? I found with my induction kit that it does give it extra kick despite potentially only being an additional 2bhp. its the high end of the throttle where it really comes into its own, she really flys up threw the gears when joining the motorway etc

Anyway, im thinking of replacing each element (manifold, cat, cat back stealth exhaust) in 3 month stages (too reduce financial impact) it looks like each part is going to cost me around 250-350 after fitting which i couldnt afford in one hit.

As you can see im a bit of a faffer, i dont have many places i can vent these thoughts except here so apologies of i've gone on a bit.

Thanks again and as always your opinion/ideas/advice is much appreciated

jeff

I'd focus on handling first with some trick suspension you will greatly increase your cars cornering and handling and this in theory makes it safer - a good selling point to insurers.

You might notice a 5bhp increase more than on a 200bhp car but the same money on the 200bhp will get you another 15-30bhp;)

I do understand about the insurance costs but as all mods need to be declared you are probably talking about a lot of extra insurance anyway. My gran always used to say "its as well to be in for a penny as a pound!" Whatever that meant! :lol:

You sound like a typical TorqueCarsian to me. Power mad and impatient! ;) You'll fit in great here.

Excellent, glad i sound like im in the right place.

Waynne you mentioned modding the suspension, any advice as to what type? i'm aware that i can get some lowering springs from KTEC from £75, are these what you are talking about?

I dont know what the best setup is on the clio but lowering springs sound right. It does seem quite cheap, I'd expect to pay nearer £300 for a good set but I'm talking Audi prices here.