How Long Did It Take You To Pass

teaszer

Authorised Trader
Car
Rover 25 1.4
Hi I have my test coming up in less than 3 weeks and am really hoping I pass as my car is sitting in my garage just waiting to be drivin :D
Just asking roughly how many driving lessons did you all have and if you failed your 1st driving test what was the cause:blink:

for my first test i had ten lesson + the 1 before the test and i failed cause i was over confident/cocky (cause i got put in for my test after my 2nd lesson and i drove like i already had a license:embarrest:)
2nd test another 10 lessons + the 1 before the test and i passed by some miracle!! i drove worse than i did on my first test but the nice lady:bigsmile: passed me;)

so 22 lessons in total for me

more than that, i passed on the 3rd attempt. Too cokcy on the first one and the second one as soon as i saw the examiner i decided i didnt like him as he looked like another guy i knew who was a bit of a tool

I took over a year, my step dad taught me to drive so technically I didn't have any lessons (not paid for anyway) and I did pass first time.

He took me through the west end of London during rush hour to see if I was ready for my test and I walked it!

must have been around the same as herb as took 7 months to pass. went for my 1st tests and fail for unsafe - coming down a street passing car and another one came the opposite way didnt bother stopping so i moved over and stopped about 4-5" off the parked cars wing mirror examiner didnt like it what else was i meant to do.
passed around 6 weeks later

passed the 2nd time dont know how many lessons as i failed the thorey test 3 times before passing on the 4th due to reading /spelling some que's i could not read

but that was when it first come out

No idea how many lessons it took; never bothered to count.

Passed second time with 1 minor (blind-spot check).

First test the traffic lights changed to green and I failed to notice. Clearly too relaxed :cheesy:. Bloke behind honked and I moved off - apparently that was a major :(

I was woken by my parents on my 17th birthday with the news that I had my first driving lesson that morning and it had been snowing! had a course of 10 lessons with practice in my dad's car in between them. Took the test in June 1970 and passed. The test in those far off days was a little more relaxed than it is today. No theory. However, you were more at the mercy of the tester as there was no form to mark you on, it was just down to whether he considered you were competent enough to be let out alone.

Timekeeping has never been my greastest attribute! I do recall spending most of those 40 minutes in staionary traffic on the outskirts of Heathrow Airport.

So I only passed by default really. There was no opportunity to make any errors ;)

HaHaa My test is in the morning so i really hope theres traffic everywheree :D

I was woken by my parents on my 17th birthday with the news that I had my first driving lesson that morning and it had been snowing! had a course of 10 lessons with practice in my dad's car in between them. Took the test in June 1970 and passed. The test in those far off days was a little more relaxed than it is today. No theory. However, you were more at the mercy of the tester as there was no form to mark you on, it was just down to whether he considered you were competent enough to be let out alone.
Nicee I see
Ive done a lot of research and the DSA centre i am taking my test at has about a 41% pass rate, and i spoke to a few people who had taken there tests there and the news is not too good. If everyone that day did perfect they will find something to fail you on ( im guessing as they run a 'business'). Im just hoping everything for me goes good as i just paid £94 for one months worth of provisional insurance so I slapped some L plates onto my car and ive been gettin out and about with it with my mum in the passenger seat :D
Also I wish my parents were like that - well my dad did help me pay for a 125 motorbike but i=I sold that to get a car. And wow do cars cost alot ive shelled out for absolutely everything to do with cars lol lessons , car, tests and so on :). But im sorry to say this guys but im a biker, dont really like cars too much but right now a car is needed.