Help

robert450

i need any advice that anyone is willing to give.
i am looking for a car around the $10,000 mark that is reliable but also has a bit of power there for when i want to have a bit of fun. i live away from the cities so i need something that is not two iches off the ground.
i would appreciate any help that anybody could give me

Hi Robert. Where are you from as this limits your choice of cars. I'm guessing you are in the US as you quote $'s but again which state are you in?

Does it need to have 4 doors?

If I was in the states I would go for something like a Mustang or Corvette - although I have no idea how much they go for??

A friend of mine lives upstate NY and has a vette - beautiful car... is it true that cars in general are cheaper down south??

• sorry fellas something that i should of probably said before that I am from AUZ but i figure that cars are cars and the only things that change are the availability and range of cars, not to mention the prices. i am not really sure if u would want to know but in australia the cars get cheaper the further east you go. also the ten thousand dollar price range was australian dollars so its a hell of a lot less in american dollars.
i am only just starting my apprenticeship and am 17 so i really very new to this scene and i appreciate you guys getting back to me and giving me any advice that u can.

not to say that any information would be relevant considering that we are in separate countries.

thanks a million for the replys fellas. cheers

hi wayne
unfortunately i am in AUZ which limits things a hell of a lot as i bet u could imagine. doors are not a problem for me but when you start talking two doors i imagine small cars that tear in half if you hit something like a kangaroo. i would really appreciate it if you could ge back to me on this

I'd go with a big lazy v8 engine. There is oodles of tuning potential in them. Holden seem to be quite popular over there. Is the Monaro available and in your price range?

What are petrol prices like over there? Why not go with a small euro car. The Golf 1.8T is a real blast but I imagine would be quite rare over there. I will admit I'm a bit out of touch with the Australian car market.

We have a few members on here from Australia and one of those has a Focus ST and is really pleased with it.

Keep in touch. It's always nice to hear whats going on in your part of the world. As we head into winter you are on the way to summer!;)