Help with CD player

Car
Passat B5 1.9 TDI
I need some help with CD player however its not very car related but rather PC related.So i forgot my USB in other town and all my songs i usually play when i roll :D were in it.So i bought a DVD,formatted it to behave like a USB,so i can add and remove files from it at any time,and i transfered all my songs into it as .mp3 but when i tried to play it in the car all i got is CD Error.I would be grateful if someone has had this problem and could help me solve it.Thanks upfront Guys!!!

Well i have bought like original artist CDs whose songs inside are in .mp3 but it does play them.The difference is you cant overwrite those CDs they dont behave as "USB"

And i forgot to mention that my usb plays the same exact songs that which are in .mp3,so im pretty sure my radio supports .mp3

I had a problem with burned discs in my car that had a blue or green hue to them. The yellow and near silver ones worked fine but anything with a slight tint failed to be read.

When you burn a disk you have to make sure they are in a car compatible ISO. Most cars read burned CD's but very few will cope with a DVD disc, this could be where the issue lies.

Well difference is i didnt burn it,when you insert an unwritten CD or DVD it gives you option to format it as actualy CD or DVD you can burn files on or format it as USB which i did.

Is the disk re-writable? When copying onto the disk did the program close of the burning process?
If it left it open to burn again then this will be why your car won't read it.

Again,i didn't burn the disc,once you format it as USB,you simply copy and paste files inside there is absolutely no whatsoever burning process.