Help!! What to buy...?

Eclaire

Wrench Pro
Car
Daihatsu Storia
If this isnt the right place for this, Im sorry! But anyhow...

I bought a 98` Mitsubishi Legnum last week. It was pretty well-tuned and a lot of fun to drive! About 350hp twin turbo etc. Then I got rear-ended by a truck and the car was declared totaled... :cry::cry:

So now I am going to have to get a new car. Im thinking this time that I might try to buy a cheap car and use the extra money from insurance to tune it, rather than going for a more expensive car and using all the money on it. They are also letting me strip the Legnum of any parts I want from it. So I will already be able to lower the car, change tire, Ill have racing breaks from the Legnum, BOV etc.

So now I have to decide what to buy! My main concerns are:

I live in Japan (so JDM cars are easiest to find)
I want something tunable (and able to use as many parts as I can from the old car)
And I have to keep in mind that I am using this car daily, and I live in a place with lots of snow in the Winter (So 4wd or FF is best Considering FR though...)

Cars I am looking at now are maybe a Honda Civic Type R (2000 model or so if I can find one), Honda Integra Type R, or maybe an Accord SiR. (Interested in the VTEC engines, though Im considering cars other than Hondas!)

Would love a Supra or Sylvia, but the FR might be problematic...

Thanks for the help/thoughts!! Sorry for the long post!

It cost me about 30,000 yen or about 3000 us dollars. Not sure what it would be in England. Pretty cheap for what it had. (was a friend of a friend's)

A Supra would be my top choice for a tunable car. The blocks are really strong and with a remap and larger turbo you could be looking at 400 bhp or more....:D

The Honda VTI-S is also worth a look and your choice of the Honda Civic type R is a good one. I'd also shortlist an Integra Type R as they are pretty nicely stripped out and tuned up in standard form.

Bolt on a supercharger and you have an awesome car.

Thanks for the tips! Definantly look into those. I have always been a fan of the Sylvia s15s too. If I decide I can live with rwd, I might go with one of those. Also looking at the Toyota Chasers. (Not sure if the name is different outside of Japan)