ford 2.0 16v problems

dune racer

:D hi would appreciate some advice 1997ford 2.0 ltr twin cam 16v engine id like to put this engine in the rear of a sand rail buggy because firstly the cars are cheap to buy and parts are plentifull problems is the gear selector on these by cable same as the focus and can it be extended to reach rear of car and made to work secondly with putting a front wheel drive engine in the rear what would be the best way to stop the wheels turning i thought cut of steering rack weld bar on and bolt to framework that way will still have adjustment for tracking using existing adjustment nuts thirdly will need to get a handbrake working on the front wheels when they go into the rear do mondeos come with discs all round if so will the rear discs/calipers fit the front axle then i could swop them and have a working handbrake also is it possible to remove the power steering pump air conditioning pump fit a smaller dia belt without the ecu going into limp mode not sure what other problems i may come across advice would be gratefull

Hi dune racer. This has to be the post with the most questions in it!

Have you thought of front mounting the gearbox and going 4 wheel drive taking a sierra 4x4x4 running gear? The front gearbox will help balance the car out.

Gear selectors can usually be extended but eliminate as much play as possible. Rod connectors are better than cable because cable stretches. Kit cars have similar issues and the MTX gearbox is highly rated by some, it will even mate to a Cosworth lump.

Sporty mondeos do have discs all round. Removing power steering will really make the car heavy to turn. It might be better to go with a smaller, say fiesta power steering pump.