suspension for ford focus 2006

spike2018

Tuner
Car
Golf MK5 GTI
hello again, rite this time i want a bit of help with what suspension to put on my 2006 ford focus, i was thinking of coilovers i have heard these are the best ones. but r they?? also i want to lower it by 30-40mm and improve the handerling and lessen the body role of the car will these do the job??

thanks once again

:)

coilovers generally give you the best all round short of getting your suspension fully rediesgned.

coilovers will allow you to adjust the height higher or lower depending on how you want it and most allow you to adjust the dampining

Have you got an anti roll bar and strut brace fitted? Have you though of Polyeurothane bushes? These should tighten things up for you handling wise.

I agree with PG's advice above ref coilovers!;)

i cant put an uper strut brace on it because of the layout under the bonnet, id have to get one spoecificly made and iv no idea where to find some one to do that in the uk. also with regardeds to the role bar what does that do because iv only ever heard of them being fitted to 4x4's?? n would the car have one on it as standard??

thanks

roll bars are fitted to most cars as standard, but its a case of price against functionability with regards to OEM. you might fin that yours is already thicker than most of the petrol versions due to the increased mass of the block.
in simple terms basically it ties the bottom of the suspension togeather

with regards a strut brace - try looking for a local fabricator and good old ebay.
see if your mounts are similer to those of the petrol can buy a cheap one then get a fabricator to make you a custom one. if there desperte they may even build the whole thing for you. just make sure you get it in stainless steel or that you protect it in some way such as painting it

ok i will try that i can try to get a fabricater to make me one as i no a few roiund here, just some sort of support that will bold to the top f the sus mounts under the bonnet will be good enough to improve handerling??

thanks

Speak to julian at balance motorsport he can supply you with advice and everything you need, he does anti roll bars for the 2006 focus cos i have some for my 2007 st. A frint strut brace shouldnt be a problem, one from the st might fit.