engine mounts for my Engine change

stuthered90

Car
Astravan 1.7dti
Hi everyone, i have an astravan at the moment, i have always wanted to have a fast van! i have been looking to put a bigger lump in my astravan and i have finally got myself a 2.5 v6 engine out of a vectra gsi. I was told to check the site out by a friend and was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on how i go about getting a custom made engine mount so that the v6 will go in the Mk 4 astravan. Anybody? cheers Stuart.

Hehe, someone on my wavelength. First off, Welcome ;) Right the Astra V6 conversion isn't that hard to be honest but I wouldn't use the standard Astra or Vectra gearbox. either go the full-hog and get yourself the F28 6 spped box from a Chavalier or Calibra Turbo or get hold of a F20 5 speed from a Chavalier or Calibra Red Top.

Then all you need to do is buy the following kit that I researched for ya ;)

Click here for Astra V6 conversion kit

And check out this next link of another astra with the X25XE engine so you can see how well it fits.

Click here for Astra V6

Hop ethat helps you a bit mate :)

Hehe, someone on my wavelength. First off, Welcome ;) Right the Astra V6 conversion isn't that hard to be honest but I wouldn't use the standard Astra or Vectra gearbox. either go the full-hog and get yourself the F28 6 spped box from a Chavalier or Calibra Turbo or get hold of a F20 5 speed from a Chavalier or Calibra Red Top.

Then all you need to do is buy the following kit that I researched for ya ;)

Click here for Astra V6 conversion kit

And check out this next link of another Astra with the X25XE engine so you can see how well it fits.

Click here for Astra V6

Hop ethat helps you a bit mate :)
Yeah nice one mate! i found that very helpful! i have seen plenty of Mk 3 astra vans with the v6 in but i haven't seen many with the Mk 4 astravan. are they a lot harder to go in or not?