2018 hyundai elantra value edition engine swap

Thonasg

Car
18 elantra value2.0
Hello I have a 2018 hyundai elantra value edition and I was trying to swap out the engine and transmission and replace with the 2018 hyundai elantra sport edition engine and transmission, if you know if that's possible and what all I need to change please let me know or if a rebuilt engine is a better route what kind of internals should I use? How much can I do before I need to get a cast iron block instead of the aluminum block? If there's a different engine that I can swap which one is it and what do I need to do before the swap?
Thanks

You'll need to swap out the ECU and probably the central locking mechanism. Cast Iron blocks are useful if you are reboring the engine. But personally I would investigate the possibility of adding a supercharger upgrade and dropping the compression ratio slightly to accommodate this. Fit forged rods and pistons if you are planning on serious power hikes though.

What will you be using the car for? What is your budget? A straight swap is usually the cheapest and most effective upgrade, but you have to ask the question if it's cheaper to just buy the upgraded model in the first place and avoid the hassle (but for some like myself the hassle is the fun experience and adds to the joy of modding cars).

You'll need to swap out the ECU and probably the central locking mechanism. Cast Iron blocks are useful if you are reboring the engine. But personally I would investigate the possibility of adding a supercharger upgrade and dropping the compression ratio slightly to accommodate this. Fit forged rods and pistons if you are planning on serious power hikes though.

What will you be using the car for? What is your budget? A straight swap is usually the cheapest and most effective upgrade, but you have to ask the question if it's cheaper to just buy the upgraded model in the first place and avoid the hassle (but for some like myself the hassle is the fun experience and adds to the joy of modding cars).
Exactly, the hassle is all apart of the fun and makes it so much more worth it in the end, right now it's a daily driver but when I start modding it it'll be a secondary/far drive car but if I don't happen to swap engines do you know what the best performance upgrades would be for it? My goal is to make it hit around 250hp minimum and recommended build recipes? Budget doesn't really matter right now, I keep getting told I should just switch to the sport edition but like you said the hassle is part of the fun experience of the build it may set me back more than the sport edition would but in the end I care more about the process than budget
-Thank you again for the info