Dented door!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Car pulled up next to us at the motorway services, the passenger flings open the door and the wind takes it smashing it into the side of our car leaving an impressive dent!

I can get this sort of damage fixed in a day for around £75 so we "agreed to not use insurance".

A few days later I get a call from his insurers wanting to take it to their approved repairers. It will be in for 4-5 days and I'll have a hire car while it's in. The approved repairer will likely charge £300-400 for the repair! In all this claim will be around £1000.

I asked the insurers if I could use my own repairer and they were quite insistent that I use their one as they give a 5 year guarantee! I might just ask for cash in lieu of repairs and do my own thing anyway!

It's crazy really. I'm one of the few people who can save a fortune on repairs and will be happy for a cheaper job and no hire car as it's only a day long and i'm pretty much forced to use the system.

I was also asked if there were any injuries sustained by me or my passenger! ;) Routine question but it was quite funny really!

Still waiting to find out the repair costs of this! They have however approved the repairs with the repairer.

I've now asked for a cash in lieu of repair offer, I think I can get a good job done really cheaply locally and the car will only be off the road for a day so it's a win for everyone. I might even get some beer money out of this as well.

Good heavens how did I miss this? :blink:

I hope the end result is worth the wait Obi Waynne.

They have offered me just over £400 plus I'll still get a hire car whilst it's in for repair! That seems more than generous and I'll have to find out what the actual repair cost will be.