coupe's xjs

Image005.jpg

well the rain held off for a little while.
managed to do the front mesh.
Image001-20.jpg

still got the center bar to fit yet.

tried the boy racer spoiler on the rear.
Image000-24.jpg

not sure but i will spray the ends in black and try it again.
hope fully over the weekend i will get the front lowered and get the belly pan finished.

need to buy some more steel sheet before i can do much more.
but its getting there slowly.

sold that, sorry.

got an audi wheel that fits the vw caddy some where.:D
and some golf tarantula alloys.
4 spot grill
:D:D:D
when we got the caddy the rear was full of bits.:lol::lol::lol:

which audi wheel is it?
tarantulas = :sick: :lol:

any other random bits you have lemme know, my cabby is nearly finshed but could do with some extra touches.

dont suppose you have a drivers flag mirror?

oh poo.

started stripping the front down to lower the suspension.

front spring is busted, lost 1 coil.

need new springs now.

or i could just re fit the busted spring and see how low the car sits at the front.

he he.

thinking it might as well be worth a try, its no worse than cutting a spring down to lower a car.

so long as it locates properly and you chop the other in same place, go for it. only as a temporary measure mind, and i wouldnt recommend driving too hard just in case....

found a nice site for engine tuning parts for my engine.
i can get an extra 25bhp for 300 exchange.
:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

yeah. lol

well the front is lowered now.
the other front spring had broken in exactly the same place.
still its done for now.
might still have to go lower yet. hehehehehe

still got 2 inches clearance under the front spoiler.

well here is a pic.
Image002-15.jpg

Image003-14.jpg

well it's down but i think it could go down a wee bit more.
mind you i want to fit smaller wheels on the front later, so i will wait and see what it looks like then, before i decide.

well i do and i dont.

i think the front could go down another 1" yet.
but the back is going up slightly first to fit the larger rear tyres.

will see what it looks like with the new wheels and tyres on before i decide on how much further to take the front down.

well i have some cragar wheels on their way to me.
15" rears and 14" fronts.

been thinking about air flow to the engine.
the front of a jag is so packed with 3 rads that there is very little space to run an air feed to the filter.
so....
what if i cut a nascar style scoop in the front bonnet to get some air into the engine bay.
then to balance it up, another one the other side to run some cold air over the exhaust.

shall i cut an exit hole for the hot air to escape by.???

so....
what if i cut a nascar style scoop in the front bonnet to get some air into the engine bay.
then to balance it up, another one the other side to run some cold air over the exhaust.

shall i cut an exit hole for the hot air to escape by.???

Plans sound good but it's hard to say without seeing decent pics of the engine bay layout. You have the option of moving the filter too don't forget.

Hi, I drive an 88 XJS and I am going to order the Growler Air Intake Kit it will allow ALOT more air into the combustion chambers. Apparently the car really "likes" it and so will you. I haven't ordered one yet but when I do I will let everyone know how much difference it makes to my engine performance. Check out the website fasterjags.com for the intakes I am talking about. Donna
It also makes the car sound a little more "sporty"

they look nice, but what about a cold air supply.

the stock intake pipe on the 3.6 is all of 30mmx10mm in diameter where it goes through the front. wow.:confused:

Sneaky Punto n the background? :bigsmile: Is that your airbox at the front of the picture? How about something like the Gruppe M kits for the Civic:

Honda-Civic-EP3-GruppeM.jpg

Obviousely you'd have to fabricate something, but I can see you're down with that :D

thanks.
i'm going to go with the scoops in the bonnet.
they will help keep the engine bay cooler as well.
i'm making a belly pan so the airflow under the engine will be gone.

its a punto convertable.
going to be sold soon anyway

Last edited:
they look nice, but what about a cold air supply.

the stock intake pipe on the 3.6 is all of 30mmx10mm in diameter where it goes through the front. wow.:confused:
I am looking more into cold air supply, been doing alot of research for air filters and cold air supply. I might visit a hotrod shop and see what they have in mind for my car.